Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

Hi Guys

Just finalized my new build with the Corsair iCUE H170i Elite LCD Display Liquid Cooler, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO + 4x 140mm ML Pro and now the Red triangle in the LCD seems to be permanent ...

I tried a few things here that at beginning worked like reinstall the icue Software however now is only the red triangle, everything else works the control of the Fans, etc.

Only the LCD Display is not working.. freeze with the red triangle

Any idea if a new update will fix this issue? Is there anything that could be done? Open a ticket with Corsair?

I fell a little bit upset and surprised because I have several other corsair products and I never had any issue, cases, PSU, RAM, etc

Thanks!

Edited by LastSamurai777

In the end for the 3rd time the commander was disconnected... when I close the case... which is a corsair 7000D airflow.

It is working fine now

Hello everyone, 

First time here, but wanted to put in some info that may, or may not help some of you.   I have the H170i Elite LCD Cooler that I got in December of 2021and had been working well until about a month ago due to a port going bad on my Commander Pro, so I got a cheap internal USB hub from Amazon  from Micro Connectors model S08-303-IA https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connectors-S08-303-IA-Internal-Expansion/dp/B07QHQF92K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8   I never did plug in the SATA power by the recommendations of many in the reviews due to possibly damaging hardware in my PC, but it lasted only a month until my LCD started freezing up again and would no longer be detected by ICUE.  So, I went ahead and spent a bit more to get the NZXT internal USB Hub  https://www.provantage.com/nzxt-0c-iusbh-m3~7NZXT0FJ.htm and now all is working well again!!  I did use the SATA power on this brand because its a well known brand and no negative reviews about issues.  Just thought this may help some of you out there since I really didn't think at first that that a cheap USB hub would be the culprit, but in my case, it was.....No more lock ups and ICUE detects all of my hardware properly again.   I currently have 8 Corsair RGB Fans, the H170i Elite LCD, A Corsair Dark Core Pro Mouse, 32 Gigs of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB  and my newest edition, a Corsair Void RGB Wireless Headset. 

Hope this helps some, or many out there as it was frustrating to figure out what was causing this....

My Corsair ICUE Hardware.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 5:11 PM, RTX-User said:

Hello everyone, 

First time here, but wanted to put in some info that may, or may not help some of you.   I have the H170i Elite LCD Cooler that I got in December of 2021and had been working well until about a month ago due to a port going bad on my Commander Pro, so I got a cheap internal USB hub from Amazon  from Micro Connectors model S08-303-IA https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connectors-S08-303-IA-Internal-Expansion/dp/B07QHQF92K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8   I never did plug in the SATA power by the recommendations of many in the reviews due to possibly damaging hardware in my PC, but it lasted only a month until my LCD started freezing up again and would no longer be detected by ICUE.  So, I went ahead and spent a bit more to get the NZXT internal USB Hub  https://www.provantage.com/nzxt-0c-iusbh-m3~7NZXT0FJ.htm and now all is working well again!!  I did use the SATA power on this brand because its a well known brand and no negative reviews about issues.  Just thought this may help some of you out there since I really didn't think at first that that a cheap USB hub would be the culprit, but in my case, it was.....No more lock ups and ICUE detects all of my hardware properly again.   I currently have 8 Corsair RGB Fans, the H170i Elite LCD, A Corsair Dark Core Pro Mouse, 32 Gigs of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB  and my newest edition, a Corsair Void RGB Wireless Headset. 

Hope this helps some, or many out there as it was frustrating to figure out what was causing this....

My Corsair ICUE Hardware.png

Just purchased the NZXT, should be here Wednesday so I will update regardless if this solves my issue or not.

HOWEVER.  I do want to point out that even though the link (and other websites) state this as the NZXT USB Gen 3 Hub, don't forget that the LCD cap and radiator are USB Gen 2 (he NZXT that this guy linked is gen 2).  This got both me, and one of the micro center employees into thinking that we needed a Gen 3 USB hub (I totally didn't buy a different Gen 3 hub and returned it....)

On 2/27/2023 at 6:07 PM, audiowork said:

Just purchased the NZXT, should be here Wednesday so I will update regardless if this solves my issue or not.

HOWEVER.  I do want to point out that even though the link (and other websites) state this as the NZXT USB Gen 3 Hub, don't forget that the LCD cap and radiator are USB Gen 2 (he NZXT that this guy linked is gen 2).  This got both me, and one of the micro center employees into thinking that we needed a Gen 3 USB hub (I totally didn't buy a different Gen 3 hub and returned it....)

Didn't end up working for me unfortunately, gonna have to chalk this up to bunk software.  I can control the FPS and brightness of the LCD cap, but it still only gives me a 0 or a warning triangle

I’m having the same troubles. I’ve tried EVERYTHING all the forums suggested. Every possible combination to nothing but frustration. I get the Corsair LCD startup splash screen when booting up but as soon as it posts I get the triangle!  Also, when I close or uninstall iCUE I get the default animation to appear on the LCD. This tells me it has to be a software issue. Any information regarding this particular scenario would be amazing as I am truly disappointed in this product since I’ve spent too much time trying to make this product work.

I am at a loss. Does this sound like a hardware or software issue? 

If it matters, the system specs are below: 

• Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
  • CPU: Intel i7 13700K running stock 
  • GPU: Powercolor Radeon RX 7900 XTX 
  • Memory: 32 GB Trident Z5 DDR 5
  • AIO: Top-mounted Corsair Elite Cappelix H150i 360mm running 3 120 mm LL fans in an exhaust configuration 

My H150i ELITE LCD got the red triangle back in late Jan, I ended up with an RMA which Corsair received on 15 Feb.. just shy of a full month and still havent seen the replacement part, and they still have no idea when it will be shipped.  I could order a new one and have it in my hands by Monday... dont understand how the "logistics department" (their words) cant seem to locate stock and send the replacement.  Getting to the point where I'm going to address this at the next Earnings Call and make the CEO/CFO answer questions regarding their warranty supply chain problems in front of the press.  NO reason I should be 30 days without a replacement part.

3 hours ago, Dweagar said:

My H150i ELITE LCD got the red triangle back in late Jan, I ended up with an RMA which Corsair received on 15 Feb.. just shy of a full month and still havent seen the replacement part, and they still have no idea when it will be shipped.  I could order a new one and have it in my hands by Monday... dont understand how the "logistics department" (their words) cant seem to locate stock and send the replacement.  Getting to the point where I'm going to address this at the next Earnings Call and make the CEO/CFO answer questions regarding their warranty supply chain problems in front of the press.  NO reason I should be 30 days without a replacement part.

So your saying I should return this before the 30 days on the receipt?

Have this trouble with my 150i ELITE LCD. I got in the case, and got the first problem with the triangle. After alot of going back and forth i got it to work and found it in ICUE and everything (Dont have a clue what i did just followed the guides that is out there). 

2 days ago, i got LIAN li strimers for my computer. So i disconnected everything and connected the strimers, and put everything back together the lcd display worked but not the strimer so i was going to dissamble everything again so i could get the strimers and do a RMA. But now when i connected everything again it doesn't work. I got a red triangle, and doesnt show up in ICUE. 

First time when i had this problem i found the display in the ICUE software but not the commander pro, now its the other way around, i dont find the LCD but i find the commander. 

I followed one guide i found on the corsair forum. That said i should download this program "USBDeview" i did. And when i disable the LCD display, and the enables it my picture gets back on the display, but nothing in ICUE. 

Specs:

Motherboard: Asrock Z790 Phantom Gaming Sonic - DDR5

CPU: Intel Core I9-13900K

GPU: Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 2070 

Memory: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6200MHz CL36 Vengeance RGB 

AIO: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD

I've also got 10 Lian Li UNI FAN SL120 Infinity RGB 

• 3 weeks later...

As you know the red triangle means your pump wont start but when you start your pc and hear a loud fan working you know its in fact working anyway this mean 2 problems your pump wont start and if its nor broken you shoud click your power button faster or slower to start your pc until it works and the red triangle gonne, or you nedd to make a clean update driver on your GPU because the lcd need that to work properly.

image.jpeg

It's the fifth of april 2023 and I can't believe this issue has been ongoing for soo many people for soo long... 
I have a Corsair Elite H100i LCD and the LCD was working fine for a few months  and now I get the red triangle. I have tried everything and I am about to give up return this cooler and buy a new one.

Things I've tried:
Reconnected the LCD cap and 20 pin connected on the Commander
Tried the PSU thing were you disconnect  / switch off completey and reconnect
Fully uninstalled everything from icue (including in the registry) and did a clean install (tried this multiple times)
Removed the y-splitter and connected the usb cables directly on the usb header on the motherboard
Checked all drivers, Also tried older versions of Icue

Additional information:
I also noticed that when you close Icue the display turns to 0 instead of the red triangle
The LCD cap is recognized in windows but not Icue
First Icue recognized the LCD  and not the commander and since the problem started Icue sees the comander Core and not the LCD and I can finally control my fans.

I no one has the magic tip I will just return this... Really sad about this I was really enjoying the cooler and Gif I was running on the LCD

After reading through this thread, I am even more dismayed at Corsair's abysmal customer service with regard to tech issues and RMAs.  These parts are not cheap and while I don't think anyone expects immediate service, they do not even appear to try.  I am pretty deep down the Corsair rabbit hole at this point and changing will be costly.  The sad part is that I also convinced my buddy to buy his first Corsair AIO (the H150i Elite LCD) and a pack of fans as well.  I hope his does not die in the first couple months like mine did.

Hallo liebe Community, ich habe mir die AIO H100i gekauft und habe seither auch dieses Problem mit dem LCD.

LCD wird in Windows erkannt und zeigt " 0° " an, in iCUE wird das LCD nicht erkannt. RGB Lüfter, Commander Core, Pumpe, Temp. Sensoren und die Kühlmitteltemperatur werden angezeigt in iCUE. Ich verwende einen internen USB Hub mit ext. SATA Stromversorgung. 

Software vom BIOS und Commander Core sind aktuell. Ticket wurde bereits erstellt, aber bisher keine Reaktion von Corsair.

Unbenannt.jpg

Could we please get an update on flipping the LCD screen display? I had no clue this would be an issue when I bought this product...people build PCs in all sorts of fashions; this is an incredibly limiting factor when it comes to using this product.

• Like 1

To say that I am frustrated with this is an understament. I am getting the USB Device Descriptor Failed error on a new build MSI z790 MEG mb. I have tried all the following:

1. mobo USB2 header via y-splitter (tried both headers)-error
  2. mobo USB2 headers direct to individual cables-error
  3. mobo USB2 header to Corsair usb2 internal hub (tried both headers)-error
  4. mobo to NZXT gen3 internal hub (tried both headers)-error
  5. enter and exit m-flash (as suggested by another user)-error
  6. Corsair CS here in China/Shenzhen asking for a video of the problem 🤦‍♂️and this 5 days since I opened a ticket
    I am not getting the general fault red-triangle, the pump seems to be working correctly. I just cannot get iCue to recognize the commander core.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought an H150 Elite LCD XT and have the triangle exclamation issue. Have done all of the troubleshooting steps posted here and other places. It is unrecognized in iCue (except it did show it as a detected device when I was reinstalling iCue). Pump seems to work fine as I can hear it running and the CPU stays cool. If I close iCue, it switches from the exclamation to just showing the Liquid Temp 0deg screen. The LCD is plugged in directly to a USB header on the motherboard along with the commander core. Commander core and all the fans connected to it work fine. I verified the 20 pin connector is fully inserted. Unplugged it and plugged it back in to be sure. Verified the LCD is in place and fully pushed in. Uninstalled/reinstalled iCue. During installation of iCue, it shows the LCD as a detected device, so I know the USB device is being recognized by Windows. I am confident there is no more troubleshooting left to do. 

I seen warnings not to unplug/plug in the LCD while powered on, but I didn't do that.

Submitted a ticket to Corsair. Is it possible they can replace just the LCD, or am I likely going to have to rip my machine apart again and returning the entire unit? 

On 2/27/2023 at 7:07 PM, audiowork said:

I think you are confused. The NEXT hubs are all USB2.0. NZXT has updated their hub several times, and refers to the current version as "Gen-3", as in third version of their USB2.0 hub. It is confusing.

The commander core has the problem and showing the red triangle.I bought a new kit after 2years i had the same problem.So

i replaced the new commander core with my old aio pump and it worked.Then i replaced the old aio pump with the new i bought and put the old commander core and the triangle appeared again.So i put away the old commander core with the new one and it worked again.The thing is that i cant find to buy a new commander core to fix my old aio pump

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ,

I finally got my LCD upgrade kit to work. It seems to be a power or bandwith issue of the commander core. I found a post in the german corsair forum describing a fix using a PCI-e USB3 19 Pin card with a USB3 to USB2 Header adapter cable. 

Made a short video showing my setup:

Connecting the LCD directly to the USB3 Card didn‘t do anything for me, but having the commader core connected to a USB3 Header and the LCD to the USB2 Header on my MoBo worked flawlessly. What you can test is using your existing USB3 Header on your MoBo ( if you‘re not keen on getting a additional pci-e card), but you‘ll definitely need the usb3-usb2 adapter cable. 

Hope this helps 🤗

Well i downloaded v5 and no changes for me, i get the ring to glow and nothing else, which kinda sucks, i too have tried all the fixes/ideas to get this to work and no luck, my Pump seems to work and keeps the the CPU cool i have ordered the NZXT USB Hub as  alot of people seemed to have fixed it this way. its cheap for me. so i will give it a try.. ive already sent in a RMA request to Corsair but haven't heard back from them. i dont want to give up on this item just yet.

Good luck to those who are experiencing any issues as we are all in the same boat here.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed this cooler in a completely new 4000x build and noticed my front fans make a  low pulsating hum like sound. I'm using balanced mode in icue which is off the coolant temp.  If I change one of the three fans to a higher speed, it seems to help. But its annoying to hear what sounds like a vacuum going back and forth.  Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this pulsating hum like sound? I can confirm its coming from the front fans. 

Here is my setup. 3 front fans (SP120?) on H150 elite. 3 additional SP120 (top and exhaust) all connected to icue. And finally 2 more SP120 on the bottom running off MB fan control, set to 650RPM (silent).

spacer.png

Edited by BIGW0RM

Bumping this. I have determined that my H100I elite fans (AF120 elites) are the cause of this pulsating like hum. If I turn them off, I dont hear it at all and my system is completely silent.  I can hear it at idle speeds and high fan speeds. Its not the fan controller going up and down either. This is not ramping up and down sounds. It seems to be something to do with air pressure hitting the radiator or perhaps coil whine from the AFG120 fans.  Im not sure. But It comes and goes depending on what speed the fans are running. But its like a vum, vum, vum, vum, vum pulsating sound. I can hear it when wearing my headphones. If I kill the front fans, it immediately stops. This is so annoying. 

The cooler works wonderful otherwise. ITs just this damn pulsating sound that is driving me nuts.

AF120 elites up front.

SP120's on top, bottom and exhaust.

All of them set to ramp up off water temp. And I am not seeing temp pulsating sound changes. This is some other kind of pulsating I am hearing.

Here is video of my pulsating AF120 RGB elites. Crank up your volume to hear the pulsating hum. Not sure what that clicking like sound it, I dont hear that in person. But I do hear the WHA WHA WHA WHA every second they spin.

Pulsating sound:

Fans off sounds like this:

Turning off the AF120's stops it! These are the fans that the H150i elite  came with. Why are they pulsating like this?