Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB PRO - Max operating temperature ?

Hey everyone,

i recently finished my new build and purchased RAM from Corsair "CMW32GX4MC4C3200C14".

I would like to know the maximum operating temperature for such modules.

My System specs are:

Ryzen 9 5900x
4x8GB RAM 3200mhz C14

A picture of the build is attatched, i also attatched a screenshot from HWInfo after 20 minutes of Cinebench (Multi).

I also flipped the radiator fans of my CPU Rad which is mounted on the side from exhaust to intake, this resulted in a bit higher maximum CPU temps, higher storage device temps and +4C on GPU in idle, however Motherboard temps were lower by 2C.

A pretty good fan curve is also setup via Agrus Monitor and it uses both CPU and GPU sensors for regulations.

What seems to be weird is that RAM temps are also highly impacted by the LEDs in IDLE usage. i switched from purple to orange and instantly dropped by 5C in less than a minute, when LEDs are off the temps decrease further.

Are the sensors just bad on those RAM kits or do they really get quiet warm cause of their LEDs?

Would be thankful if someone could clear this up for me, maybe someone of CORSAIR staff?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

IMG_20220113_175458.jpg

444.png

leds will heat up the sticks of course. it's not a sensor error. you can just reduce the brightness  to lower temperatures when using combinations of colors.

I don't know the specs but if you don't overclock you're still good if you stay under 65 - 70°C.

my experience using 4 sticks of vengeance was getting them close to 60 on white lighting, and 20°C less when off. but again, no manual overclocking, no problem.

The temps you get are pretty similar. that's just how it goes adding leds and using 4 sticks instead of 2. more heat, less airflow

i have the same ram. two 16gb ram sticks.  probably 4 sticks close together heat up more.

I've been monitoring my ram temps because I was wondering the same.

usually they sit around 30/32C in idle, they go up to around 40C in "desktop use" (like converting, compressing etc) and

they rise up to 50/56C while gaming.    the ram are working at 2133mhz now.

I guess you get much higher temps if you are using the ram at 3200mhz

I have tried turning off the led but I haven't got any temp change. maybe 1/2 C.

Maybe it's because I'm keeping the frequency low.

leds are not a problem for me.  This ram sticks run hot but other users reported the same temps. 

Edited by zultan

i also have the same with 2 16gb sticks and mine are at 36c

DDR4 doesn't heat up much. they will often run around 10°C hotter than the internal case temperature in idle.

Under load, the GPU will heat them up (and everything else) unless it's watercooled. @zultan you can set them to their XMP setting if you want, that shouldn't change much. It's still the GPU that will generate most of the heat they get 

1 hour ago, LeDoyen said:

DDR4 doesn't heat up much. they will often run around 10°C hotter than the internal case temperature in idle.

Under load, the GPU will heat them up (and everything else) unless it's watercooled. @zultan you can set them to their XMP setting if you want, that shouldn't change much. It's still the GPU that will generate most of the heat they get 

thank you.  I know that ram can take a lot of heat before heat can get an issue.

I started monitoring my ram temps just because I realized my previous ddr3 were running cooler. so I was wondering if this temps

are normal and I found out they are.  probably because of higher frequencies and leds.

I still don't use xmp profile before I'm modding my case and the airflow is still not optimal.

I want the case to be ready before I push the ram to 3200mhz and the cpu to 5 ghz as i wanted to. 

5 hours ago, escannihilator said:

i also have the same with 2 16gb sticks and mine are at 36c

idle? load?  gaming?

at 3200 you are not really pushing them at all. you could go ahead already. your CPU is taking quite a performance hit by running the ram at only 2133

• Like 2

I agree and there is no reason to keep yourself pinned down at 2133. Presumably your XMP preset for 3200 will be 1.35v and there isn’t a ton of temperature scaling between 1.20 and 1.35v. You see more of that as you pass 1.40v and it’s IC dependent. Your Vengeance Pro temps are as low as I see for anyone else and the higher temp when gaming the result of the increased case temperature, not you over-working them.