Corsair Community

Old H115i LGA1700 Reftrofit compatibility

Sangriacus

Hi everyone, I'm currently getting everything I need to upgrade my PC from an 8600K to a 12600K while trying to keep a few key components, one of them is my current CPU cooler, an H115i that I bought in 2017, the model is CW-9060027-WW, and although it's not listed between the supported AIOs for the retrofit kit I'm hopeful that it just wasn't in the list because of how old it is, not because it isn't supported, does anyone know if this is the case?

Anyway, let me know if you have the same AIO and are looking to migrate to Alder Lake too.

• Corsair Employee
On 11/10/2021 at 7:49 AM, Sangriacus said:

Hi everyone, I'm currently getting everything I need to upgrade my PC from an 8600K to a 12600K while trying to keep a few key components, one of them is my current CPU cooler, an H115i that I bought in 2017, the model is CW-9060027-WW, and although it's not listed between the supported AIOs for the retrofit kit I'm hopeful that it just wasn't in the list because of how old it is, not because it isn't supported, does anyone know if this is the case?

Anyway, let me know if you have the same AIO and are looking to migrate to Alder Lake too.

That cooler is not compatible with the LGA1700 Retrofit kit, and is not compatible with the LGA1700 socket.

Hi everyone,

I bought my H115i Pro last November and now there is no solution for upgrading to LGA1700? My 2011 Noctua NH-D14 has an adapter Kit and a 2020 Hydro cooler doesn't????

Your Marketing & Engineering Depts needs to figure out something quickly because I can't believe they have messed up so badly: they had months to plan LGA1700 launch, and they chose to leave all but newest coolers unsupported and have no stock to deliver the adapter kits...

Look at your competitors: https://www.msi.com/Promotion/coreliquid-r-k-series-upgrade-kit-for-intel-lga1700

Really, I'm very disappointed, a Corsair 5000D airflow case, with a RM850x PSU, 32GB Corsair DDR4 3600, 9 ML Corsair Fans a H115i pro and now I need to buy a new CPU cooler to upgrade to LG1700??? Sorry but I think it is not going to be corsair, I'm extremely disappointed with Corsair this time... 

On 11/22/2021 at 3:33 PM, Nicholas D. said:

Hi everyone,

I bought my H115i Pro last November and now there is no solution for upgrading to LGA1700? My 2011 Noctua NH-D14 has an adapter Kit and a 2020 Hydro cooler doesn't????

Your Marketing & Engineering Depts needs to figure out something quickly because I can't believe they have messed up so badly: they had months to plan LGA1700 launch, and they chose to leave all but newest coolers unsupported and have no stock to deliver the adapter kits...

Look at your competitors: https://www.msi.com/Promotion/coreliquid-r-k-series-upgrade-kit-for-intel-lga1700

Really, I'm very disappointed, a Corsair 5000D airflow case, with a RM850x PSU, 32GB Corsair DDR4 3600, 9 ML Corsair Fans a H115i pro and now I need to buy a new CPU cooler to upgrade to LG1700??? Sorry but I think it is not going to be corsair, I'm extremely disappointed with Corsair this time... 

Nick,

So, I have a h115i pro that i purchased for my 8700k a couple of years ago. I recently purchased a 12900k with an asus board that supports both the 1200 and 1700 mounting. Bottom line i think the cpu plate is a little small for the 12900k however its been working for me since launch day and has not thermal throttled. At idle I get 32 C, and maxed out I get 90 C. So I don't think its officially supported but it will work.

Edited by Coredog

I actually just used the LGA1151 ones from my previous build, no standoff kit required. I plan on using the H115i pro like this until my local micro center has more cooler options for the LGA1700. So it might not be a good long term solution because the copper cooling plate being small but it's been working fine so far.