Corsair Community

HS80 RGB WIRELESS constant buzzing in left ear cup.

I recently bought HS80 headphones, but they seem to have extremely annoying problem with buzzing in left ear cup. It is a constant, high pitched sound which can only be heard when device is in wireless mode. When connected with USB cable, the sound cannot be heard at all. Because of this, I think it might be some kind of software issue because headphones obviously have ability to not produce that annoying sound. I already tried every possible solution I could find online, but no luck. Those include:

-Reinstalling Icue

-Reinstalling firmware

-Enabling/disabling sidetone

-Removing and reinstalling audio drivers from windows

-Soft resetting the headphones

-Using different USB slot for wireless adapter

Any other  things I could try? I am completely disappointed with these, because they are not so cheap and problem like this one is not expected...

Hey, I just sign up for this post. 

I have same problem. Just left ear cup has that white noise problem, also its only exist in wireless mode. There is no sound in wired mode.

Updated icue, dongle and HS80 but no luck. 

I hope we can get response form Corsair or I have to return my HS80.

if you don't contact the support, you can be SURE nothing will be done about it 😛

despite being hosted in the corsair website, this is just the users forum. tech support only pops in now and then, but their priority is obviously to adress support tickets.

• 2 months later...

No this can't be normal.
My HS80 didn't have this sound for the first few days, now it does.

Corsair is like..... if Ferrari were building their cars in China.
Nice designs, nice performance, nice materials but the breaks might randomly stop working or the wheels might fall off.

Actually it can be caused by RGB. I had this same problem with hissing in left ear on my Corsair Void Pro. Try to turn off your RGB, it may help. But it's wierd that it dissapears when connected with wire... I think it's worth a shot tho. GL

Edited by Fokume

13 hours ago, Fokume said:

Actually it can be caused by RGB. I had this same problem with hissing in left ear on my Corsair Void Pro. Try to turn off your RGB, it may help. But it's wierd that it dissapears when connected with wire... I think it's worth a shot tho. GL

I had RGB turned off from the start (Useless feature for me). So that is not an issue.

• 2 months later...

This seems to be the same issue as the HS70's. It is an issue with the standby/no audio mode and the receiving antenna, it goes into a slight low power mode and it picks up a ton of interference. 

I left this comment on the Hs70 thread about it. Perhaps if enough people complain and make noise they will do something about it. 

The month is March, coming into April, 2022, this has been a verified an ongoing issue since 2018. 4 years of the same issue for this headset that costs 100 bucks. 

How absolutely incredible is it that this has not been fixed?

No firmware updates, no upgrades, no nothing. 

this headset has been abandoned by corsair and they just ignore tickets. 

We have 5 of these in the house, one for each of us, 3 of them were fine out of the box, 1 had to be returned to get a working one, and now the most recent purchased as a present for my son is showing this issue. 

That's it, this is the last time I will ever buy corsair. I created this account purely to post this. 

I just purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4's they work perfectly, while they may be 3x more expensive perhaps that is the answer, just have to pay more for a good quality and stay the hell away form a company like Corsair that abandons their products and ignores customers. 

The worst part, i figured out the issue, it is a grounding issue with the receiving antenna, it is not properly grounded and picks up interference. I am not going to bother to fix them, that is not my job. This could be fixed with a single piece of wire and a glue gun but the Corsair company simply chose to ignore the issue as a recall for faulty manufacturing would be too pricey. 

And I know Corsair is going to tell me to just create a ticket, but no thanks, I will just return them to Amazon and get my money back, no point in hiding the responses by Corsair, there is a reason they want you to take it to a ticket, they do not want the world to see them tell you to pound sand for a known issue. 

This is just terrible. 

Stay away from this headset future people. If you read this, do not bother to troubleshoot it, just box it up and send it back and get something worth a damn. 

On 3/27/2022 at 11:01 PM, JimFixes said:

This seems to be the same issue as the HS70's. It is an issue with the standby/no audio mode and the receiving antenna, it goes into a slight low power mode and it picks up a ton of interference. 

I left this comment on the Hs70 thread about it. Perhaps if enough people complain and make noise they will do something about it. 

The month is March, coming into April, 2022, this has been a verified an ongoing issue since 2018. 4 years of the same issue for this headset that costs 100 bucks. 

How absolutely incredible is it that this has not been fixed?

No firmware updates, no upgrades, no nothing. 

this headset has been abandoned by corsair and they just ignore tickets. 

We have 5 of these in the house, one for each of us, 3 of them were fine out of the box, 1 had to be returned to get a working one, and now the most recent purchased as a present for my son is showing this issue. 

That's it, this is the last time I will ever buy corsair. I created this account purely to post this. 

I just purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4's they work perfectly, while they may be 3x more expensive perhaps that is the answer, just have to pay more for a good quality and stay the hell away form a company like Corsair that abandons their products and ignores customers. 

The worst part, i figured out the issue, it is a grounding issue with the receiving antenna, it is not properly grounded and picks up interference. I am not going to bother to fix them, that is not my job. This could be fixed with a single piece of wire and a glue gun but the Corsair company simply chose to ignore the issue as a recall for faulty manufacturing would be too pricey. 

And I know Corsair is going to tell me to just create a ticket, but no thanks, I will just return them to Amazon and get my money back, no point in hiding the responses by Corsair, there is a reason they want you to take it to a ticket, they do not want the world to see them tell you to pound sand for a known issue. 

This is just terrible. 

Stay away from this headset future people. If you read this, do not bother to troubleshoot it, just box it up and send it back and get something worth a damn. 

What is even worse, after few months of gentle and light usage, the glue that holds earpads to plastic just gave up and now the foam inside the earpad is visible. Quality is really atrocious for such an expensive product. Replacement earpads are not even available as far as I can see. This is going straight to the bin, won't even bother trying to return the product... 

• 2 months later...

I think that I figured it out- for me, the issue only occurs when I'm charging the headset and it's set up wirelessly. Once you unplug the charger, the issue goes away. I think that the root cause of the issue is that the battery is too close to the earpiece, and when it's charging, some of the sound from the battery sneaks its way into the speaker.

• 2 weeks later...