Corsair Community

Looking for help attaching 13 QL Series Fans

Hey all, 

I recently purchased 4 packs of the Corsair Ql120 RGB Triple Packs with Lighting Node Core. 6 of them are going on my Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler in a push pull configuration. The other 6 are split between front intake and side intake on my Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case.

Additionally, I have a Corsair  QL140 RGB, 140mm RGB LED Fan for my exhaust out the back.

My issue is, my motherboard, Asus ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard, only has 2 usb headers... So how do I even begin to connect all of the fans and RGB to this board?

I know that each 3 pack of fans comes with a Lighting Node Core 6 which means I have 4 of those. 

Additionally, I have 1x Commander CORE RGB & PWM Fan Controller and 1x Corsair iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller.

my issue is that I was also hoping to still use at least 1 of the USB headers on the motherboard for the front of the case usb's.

I can't see how to put this together so that all fans and all USBs work.

Any help would be super appreciated!

Thanks!

Get a powered internal USB hub. Many of us around here use the NZXT one but there are others. Just make sure that it connects to your PSU for power.

9 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Get a powered internal USB hub. Many of us around here use the NZXT one but there are others. Just make sure that it connects to your PSU for power.

Thanks, I've bought 2 of the NZXT that you suggested, but I am also trying to figure out how to power the 13 fans. 

Another question, will the fans work with Icue software if I only use the Lighting Node Core 6, or do they somehow have to be attached to a icue commander pro? 

Are you talking about powering them for RGB or for PWM? For PWM, you can use a powered PWM hub to distribute the identical signal (and power) to a group of fans. You'll control them as one single unit with the Commander Core.

And yes, the Lighting Node Core and the Commander Core, will be controlled with iCUE. A Commander Pro is not needed. You do, absolutely, need to use the Commander Core with the cooler though - they are made to go together.