Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Xbox won't connect to any controller after turning headset off

Hi there,

just bought the HS75 XB and right after using it the following problems occur on my Series X:

Using an Elite 2 Controller, starting my Xbox with it.

Connecting the Headset - all is working fine.

Now I switch off the headset, shut down the console via controller. After that, I am not able to start the console by controller. Hitting the power button manually starts the console but it won't connect to any controller!

Only solution is to pull the plug, give it a few seconds and reconnect. Now, all controllers work as expected.

If I do not use the headset in a session, shutting down and turning on again is not an issue at all. This all starts as soon as I connect the headset and turn it off after some time.

Any ideas?

thank you!

• Corsair Employee
Hi hammerlore, thanks for providing your feedback. We are looking into some connection improvements for the HS75 XB headset which will be released through an upcoming update. I've forwarded your feedback to our development team to review, and should be addressed shortly. We'll provide an update once we have a resolution in place.

• 1 month later...

Dear nick,

I'm experiencing the same issue and some comparable issues where the headset messes up the connection to controllers.

Is there a planning for the mentioned upcoming update and is there a way to track the progress or a topic to subscribe to to be notified when it's published?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

• Corsair Employee

Hi Joelvangogh,

Does the issue occur with the normal Xbox Wireless controller as well, or only the Elite 2? At the moment, the upcoming firmware update is detailed as follows:

• Power on/Power off sequencing has been improved and button duration should be more lenient.
  • Default volume level and wheel responsiveness improved.
  • LED indication should be improved in some edge cases where indication could be incorrect previous (ex. the headset could under some condition indicate pairing while not in pairing mode)
  • Charge indication LED accuracy should be improved.
  • Fix crashing issue where the headset could get locked up.

Once available, the firmware update will be available for installation via our iCUE software on a Windows PC. You can download iCUE here, via the "Download Now" button at the top of the page.

Hi Joelvangogh,

Does the issue occur with the normal Xbox Wireless controller as well, or only the Elite 2?

I have the standard controller that came with the Xbox series X

I'll try the new firmware as soon as it's out and will report back if it changes anything.

I didn't intend to hijack the thread, but it's starting to feel like it. Apologies in advance if it bothers the OP.

• Corsair Employee
I have the standard controller that came with the Xbox series X

I'll try the new firmware as soon as it's out and will report back if it changes anything.

I didn't intend to hijack the thread, but it's starting to feel like it. Apologies in advance if it bothers the OP.

My apologies, thought you were using an Elite 2 controller as well. No worries - OP will be included if he returns with a reply. I will message you once the firmware update goes live.