Corsair Community

New Christmas build working great apart from AIO and fan RGB Issues

Faultech

Hey guys relatively intermediate PC builder here....

I decided to build myself a new system here this Christmas. (here's my parts list.)

My previous system was fairly old from before RGB became a massive thing and I've had a fair few issues getting this system up and running and I'm hoping some guru's on here can help me. :)

Firstly my AIO - Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum 240mm - I think the micro-USB connection in the pump is fried. Everything seems to be working correctly pump and fanwise. However, no matter what I do I can't seem to get the pump to appear in ICUE.

Things I have tried include:

Changing the USB connection from the commander pro directly to my motherboard.

Taking a standard micro-USB cable and connecting the pump to a port on the back of the motherboard.

Secondly my RGB - So this is a toughie, my case (corsair 500D SE RGB) comes with a commander pro and RGB hub. I think I've narrowed this down to the USB hub as I have been able to get all of the RGB on the fans to turn on with some combination or other but not all at once. However, it doesn't seem to be a single slot in the hub that is broken. Rather different combinations of connections allow different fans to light up. I also think I have eliminated the commander pro from being an issue as it appears on ICUE, all of my fans do spin and the RGB strip expansion kit I got works correctly in both LED connections on it although I cannot be sure.

Things I have tried include:

Swapping the connection to the commander pro from LED 1 to 2 and swapping it back.

Trying different combinations of fan header connections.

Changing the SATA cable powering the hub

Misc question that slightly relates to these to issues:

Is it better for me to connect the fans on the radiator to the RGB header connected to the Commander pro (when it works of course) or to the dedicated RGB connectors for the AIO? Also the same question for the actual fans. AIO power or commander pro?

So far it seems like I'll be opening up an RMA ticket for both the AIO and the RGB hub. (hoping I don't have to send the whole case back lol)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Firstly my AIO - Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum 240mm - I think the micro-USB connection in the pump is fried. Everything seems to be working correctly pump and fanwise. However, no matter what I do I can't seem to get the pump to appear in ICUE.

What motherboard series is this? x570 owners seem to have a lot of difficult with USB detection of Corsair internal hardware, with the Platinum coolers being the most commonly mentioned product. The Commander Pro is the other. One is working, so the other should work if you temporarily switch them. Is the Platinum running through the Commander's passthrough ports? Same problem when connected directly?

Secondly my RGB... Rather different combinations of connections allow different fans to light up. I also think I have eliminated the commander pro from being an issue as it appears on ICUE, all of my fans do spin and the RGB strip expansion kit I got works correctly in both LED connections on it although I cannot be sure.

It seems like a bad fan. The LED circuit works in series so a bad LED on one fan can cause trouble down the line after it. You have to be methodical and test each one in slot 1, then build out. It seems like you already have done that, but isolating the trouble spot is tricky. You also can use the RGB splitters on the Platinum for testing purposes to take the RGB Hub out of the equation.

Misc question that slightly relates to these to issues:

Is it better for me to connect the fans on the radiator to the RGB header connected to the Commander pro (when it works of course) or to the dedicated RGB connectors for the AIO? Also the same question for the actual fans. AIO power or commander pro?

For lighting is doesn't matter except in how the effects are assigned. Each is its own lighting controller and group. Most people with another RGB lighting controller in the case and compatible fans will want to group them together on the RGB hub with the 6 fan max. If you split them up, then you must create lighting patterns for each device.

Fan speed control is different. Put the two radiator fans on the splitter from the AIO. The fan controller is internal and so is the water temp sensor. This guarantees the cooler operates as intended whether the software is running or not, including boot, shutdown, or non-OS environments. The curve set in the software is saved to the device, as long as it is based on coolant temp (H100i Temp). You can assign H100i Temp as a control variable within the Commander, but you will loose it when the software is not running. Doomsday scenarios aside, what that really means is you will get an earful of fan blast on every boot when the sensor values is null.