Corsair Community

Corsair 280X RGB Fan Issues

loveydovey

Hey there,

Recently I purchased the 280x rgb version and lacked airflow for obvious reasons. I went out and bought 2 corsair SP120 RGB Pro fans. Upon installation of the fans, they spin at max speed and the rgb does not function. The fans that came pre installed spin at a reasonable rpm and the rgb functions just fine.

I have a silverstone CPF04 fan hub as i have a ROG b550i mobo. This is configured correctly.

I have made sure that the rgb fans are plugged into ports 3+4 on the rgb hub as well.

Thank you.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Loveydovey,

I am not sure what is going on with the fans spinning at max RPM. I am not familiar with that fan hub, or how it works with your motherboard.

Regarding the RGB, it is not possible to put two different types of fans on a single RGB hub, so you will either need to get matching fans to the ones in your case (should be LL's), or get another RGB hub to put the two SP fans into.

well it's a PWM fan hub, and the SP120, if i'm not mistaken are DC control, so they will spin at max speed constantly because PWM does not vary the voltage, always the full 12V are delivered to the fans.

You'd need to connect them to your motherboard with a splitter, and control them via AI suite. You can set in BIOS if a particular header should be controlled as PWM or DC. Just set the header you chose as DC, and Bob's your uncle :)