Corsair Community

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues

scapiander

My powered nzxt hub is being delivered later this week, since the off brand unpowered hub didn't work for me. For those of you having success with the nzxt hub, do you have your commander plugged into the hub? Or to one of the other slots on your mb?

When i watch my usb disconnects, it seems like it's the commander that is mostly dropping and coming back, so i am wondering if i should put all 3 usb devices on the hub (commander, node core, aio) or keep one of them on my mb - i'm pretty annoyed at opening up my case to mess with it at this point.

how did you hook it up?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the updates. Guess I'm ordering it today. Shame on Corsair/Asus for this faultiness though. Glad we have some sort of "fix"
It's absolutely ridiculous that this has been going on for 8 months and this is our "fix". Spending another 25$ on something that is supposed to work in the first place

My powered nzxt hub is being delivered later this week, since the off brand unpowered hub didn't work for me. For those of you having success with the nzxt hub, do you have your commander plugged into the hub? Or to one of the other slots on your mb?

When i watch my usb disconnects, it seems like it's the commander that is mostly dropping and coming back, so i am wondering if i should put all 3 usb devices on the hub (commander, node core, aio) or keep one of them on my mb - i'm pretty annoyed at opening up my case to mess with it at this point.

how did you hook it up?

Got the USB hub hooked up to the mobo and the Commander Pro onto the hub. My Node Core is directly hooked up to the mobo and has no issues. Problem lies in the CP losing power through the mobo for a second so you hook it up to the hub who has its own powercable running to the PSU and isn't dependent on the power from the mobo

Yes same here. Commander pro to NZXT hub. NZXT hub to MB USB port. A separate node core to MB USB as well. Agree, now that CP is powered externally I get no power loss. Oddly when I did have power loss on the CP it affected many of my other unrelated USB devices including my Logitech 922 webcam. This has all resolved with the external hub. Not sure if this is an ASUS or Corsair issue at this point.

It's absolutely ridiculous that this has been going on for 8 months and this is our "fix". Spending another 25$ on something that is supposed to work in the first place

8 months, nearly 8 pages topic on their forum and not a single word from Corsair. :mad:

Hello. Just did a recent rebuild with H115i and having USB disconnect issues. I stopped running iCUE on start up and that has prevented the RGB lighting from flickering and USB disconnect sound off/on. I am, however, having USB connection issues with my mouse and keyboard. They constantly freeze up over and over.

I have tried every arrangement with the USB ports. I have disabled iCUE from being able to start with Win10 start up and services.msc. I've turned off the Corsair Link setting in HWiNFO64. Still having the freezes.

When i was initially diagnosing the problem, I was able to stop the freezes when I disabled the USB Input Device and HID controllers associated with the H115i

EDIT: I swapped it to a different internal USB header, will update after some usage.

EDIT2: Above did not fix the problem, eventually returned.

Edited by mattkwi

Hello. Just did a recent rebuild with H115i and having USB disconnect issues. I stopped running iCUE on start up and that has prevented the RGB lighting from flickering and USB disconnect sound off/on. I am, however, having USB connection issues with my mouse and keyboard. They constantly freeze up over and over.

I have tried every arrangement with the USB ports. I have disabled iCUE from being able to start with Win10 start up and services.msc. I've turned off the Corsair Link setting in HWiNFO64. Still having the freezes.

When i was initially diagnosing the problem, I was able to stop the freezes when I disabled the USB Input Device and HID controllers associated with the H115i

EDIT: I swapped it to a different internal USB header, will update after some usage.

EDIT2: Above did not fix the problem, eventually returned.

Read through this thread.. Most of us had to resort to an additional USB hub. A lot of us have bought a NZXT USB hub. I'm waiting for mine to come in after a month of issues...

Read through this thread.. Most of us had to resort to an additional USB hub. A lot of us have bought a NZXT USB hub. I'm waiting for mine to come in after a month of issues...

I don't use a Commander Pro - just the H115i straight into a USB header on my MSI motherboard, if that makes a difference. Only other Corsair hardware I have is RM750 PSU & 2x Corsair Vengeance PRO - I was not using iCUE to manager either of these prior to installing the H115i

I've turned HWiNFO64 completely off and it no longer starts with Windows. I have also re-enabled USB selective suspend setting in Power Options & trying to reproduce again.

Luckily Amazon UK have had a restock of the NZXT hubs so I've ordered one and that should be arriving this weekend (as the one I've ordered via Ebay is going to take a while to arrive).

I did have a response from ASUS support when I flagged this problem to them but all they could recommend (so far) was a CMOS reset which did not solve the problem.

I don't use a Commander Pro - just the H115i straight into a USB header on my MSI motherboard, if that makes a difference. Only other Corsair hardware I have is RM750 PSU & 2x Corsair Vengeance PRO - I was not using iCUE to manager either of these prior to installing the H115i

I've turned HWiNFO64 completely off and it no longer starts with Windows. I have also re-enabled USB selective suspend setting in Power Options & trying to reproduce again.

So far I have about an hour's worth of use and no reproduction of the USB 'hiccups'

Changes I have made:

HWiNFO64 off and no longer starts with Win10

iCUE off and no longer starts with Win10 - Corsair apps set to 'manual' in services.msc

Enabled USB selective suspend setting in power options

It feels like removing HWiNFO64 from the equation made the biggest difference, but I made all those changes around the same time. Prior to that, I could only get them to stop if I disabled the USB Input Device & associated HID controllers in Device Manager.

Based on temps, my H115i is still running in balanced mode.

EDIT: Solid few hours of use and gaming and no problems at the moment.

Edited by mattkwi

Interestingly enough I played with iCUE to change some colors (i don't find the lighting to be very easy for custom profiles) and I instantly got a "USB disconnect" sound from windows, but not changes. Eventually with different Corsair services turned on and iCUE running trying to save my lighting to hardware the 'stuttering' returned. This is without HWiNFO64 running. I reverted everything back to off and not running and no issues it seems.

honestly, the amount of money i put into corsair products in this build, and the other options that are out there now - my next build will not contain corsair products. NZXT now makes a nicer and better intercooler with an actual interface on the cpu cooler. Their fans are now passing corsair, my keyboard has like 7 broken keys on it. Seems that they're just not worth it in money anymore. The commander pro has been out for how long? There's how many people complaining about this? Customer service says they're well aware of the problem yet they're not changing anything.

Invest your money in NZXT, they seem to be 1-upping corsair.

btw - my final fix to this problem was the nzxt usb hub. zero issues since I plugged the commander 'pro' in the other company's hub.

honestly, the amount of money i put into corsair products in this build, and the other options that are out there now - my next build will not contain corsair products. NZXT now makes a nicer and better intercooler with an actual interface on the cpu cooler. Their fans are now passing corsair, my keyboard has like 7 broken keys on it. Seems that they're just not worth it in money anymore. The commander pro has been out for how long? There's how many people complaining about this? Customer service says they're well aware of the problem yet they're not changing anything.

Invest your money in NZXT, they seem to be 1-upping corsair.

btw - my final fix to this problem was the nzxt usb hub. zero issues since I plugged the commander 'pro' in the other company's hub.

In fairness to corsair it’s hard to know who exactly is at fault here. This may be a ASUS/motherboard issue entirely. Not saying that corsair couldn’t do something to rectify this given how long it is but it’s possible they are aware of this and the fix is on Asus side which may not be getting addressed.

For now I am happy that the NZXT hub seems to have fixed this issue.

Just installed the NZXT hub as well. Was a bit of a pain since I had to install a molex cable onto my PSU. It was all the way in the back but thankfully I was able to manage the install without disconnecting everything.

Will post an update in a few days.

Just installed the NZXT hub as well. Was a bit of a pain since I had to install a molex cable onto my PSU. It was all the way in the back but thankfully I was able to manage the install without disconnecting everything.

Will post an update in a few days.

NXZT is very usefull but I think it's time they put out a SATA version!

Baio

I literally bought a new MB because I thought it was a hub on my board that was causing problems. I didn't want to wait 30 days without a PC. I used USBLogView but didn't find the vendor id of the faulty hub and now I really think it was the Commander Pro.

I used to have a Prime x570-P and now I have a Prime x570-Pro. Same problems as you guys.

Today I sent a ticket support to Corsair with the entire logs of the error and ordered an NZXT Hub. Thanks for the advice.

2020-05-12 09:49:55.2881 | 48 | [REDACTED] | 3.28.0.3 | DevicesMonitor | -> 
System.IO.IOException: Unable to open HID class device.
  at HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidStream.Init(String path, WinHidDevice device)
  at HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidDevice.Open()
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.EnsureOpened()
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteOutputBufferBuilderData(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteAndRead(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDeviceDataProcessor.ReadFanState()
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDevice.UpdateExternalTemperature()
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Barbuda.BarbudaDeviceComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

Update: installed the NZXT hub with the Commander Pro, Lighting Node Core, H100i plat plugged into it two days ago. No disconnects or USB nonsense since then. Seems to be working fine. Previously it was happening every 15-30 minutes.

I had contact with Corsair through e-mail and pointed out this thread for a second time. Also told them that 99% of the people fix it with the NZXT hub and that it might be an ASUS issue so hopefully they will go and sit around the table with ASUS

So, like many of you I was facing the dreading disconnects and registered on this forum because of it. I thank many of you because after spending a ton of money on 6 LL120's, 2 lighting nodes, a commander pro, and a h100i, I was starting to go mad. After finally receiving my NZXT Hub the flashing and disconnect/reconnect has surely stopped.

But now I have a separate issue where my commander pro no longer shows in iCue. I have tried numerous different things and even uninstalling iCue to no avail. I'm super happy the disconnecting issue is resolved but if I can't control my fan speed and RGB on the 6 ll120's it's kind of a show stopper for me. So I'm curious if any of you have faced this issue.

Just for clarifications sake, I have the 6 LL120's hooked up to the lighting pro node and that plugged into the commander pro. The commander pro is hooked up to NZXT hub and the hub plugged into my motherboard.

Edited by iAndroidfan

I had an issue like that, too, and found out that I had stressed the connection from my MB to the hub too much when cable managing. It pulled out a little and I couldn't see things either. Check your USB connections, make sure they are firmly inserted.

I had an issue like that, too, and found out that I had stressed the connection from my MB to the hub too much when cable managing. It pulled out a little and I couldn't see things either. Check your USB connections, make sure they are firmly inserted.

Dude! Thanks so much, that was 100 percent the issue

Luckily Amazon UK have had a restock of the NZXT hubs so I've ordered one and that should be arriving this weekend (as the one I've ordered via Ebay is going to take a while to arrive).

I did have a response from ASUS support when I flagged this problem to them but all they could recommend (so far) was a CMOS reset which did not solve the problem.

Just to confirm, as others have, that the NZXT hub has fixed the disconnects. 72 hrs since installation and no drops.

My build is different but im having this exact issue where the noise goes off and my front case usbs stop working so that includes my mouse thats plugged in then rgb shuts off then goes either white or rainbow and then usbs come back. Also my lighting node that came with the case(icue 465X) is no under devices on icue software(I already reinstalled)