Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR Hydro X Hardware and iCUE integration FAQ

Zotty

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anywhere else that the XD5 fan and pump profiles are posted? I used to reference this thread but it all seems to be gone now 😞

1 hour ago, LockDots said:

Is there anywhere else that the XD5 fan and pump profiles are posted? I used to reference this thread but it all seems to be gone now 😞

Yeah, we just noticed that the tables in the FAQs were lost. We're working on it. @Zotty and I are volunteers ...

• 3 months later...

Thank you @Technobeard @Zotty @DevBiker for your hard work on the forum and putting the profile information back!

Question: I see that the default HyrdroX fan curves suggest 4000RPM at 52C.

1. I'm assuming this is to set whatever fan is connected to spin up at max speed?
  2. What fans have an RPM speed higher than 1500RPM?

Thanks again everyone!

• Thanks 1

I'm assuming this is to set whatever fan is connected to spin up at max speed?

Yes, that's correct.

What fans have an RPM speed higher than 1500RPM?

There are some ... the original ML Pro are 2400 RPM, as are the ML Platinum fans that come with the Platinum RGB coolers.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:22 PM, DevBiker said:

Yes, that's correct.

There are some ... the original ML Pro are 2400 RPM, as are the ML Platinum fans that come with the Platinum RGB coolers.

Ah, that makes sense then. I was setting up my new Commander Core XT and noticed something.

1. Zero RPM doesn't seem to ever turn the fans off, but instead runs them at their lowest RPM. I kind of miss being able to have them completely off but it's not really a big deal since they're essentially silent at that speed anyway. Just threw me off since my Commander Pro's were able to. For reference I'm using the XT's with LL and QL fans. 

Zero RPM only works with certain fans (like the ML) that are designed to stop with a certain PWM signal. Most fans aren't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 7:59 PM, DevBiker said:

Zero RPM only works with certain fans (like the ML) that are designed to stop with a certain PWM signal. Most fans aren't.

Understood. After a little more digging (if I'm not mistaken) it seems the Commander Pro would actually shut off power to the fan's motor to stop spinning regardless of fan type whereas the Commander XT keeps power on and sends an Off/Min.Speed signal to the fan.

Either way, still very happy with the gear.