Corsair Community

T1 Race Chair Gas lift to small for Chair base

Birkhofff, if it's any help I just been accepted for a 3rd cylinder replacement now for my chair, if you ask for the T2 Road Warrior cylinder it will fit, while also not touching the floor and making the chair higher overall, this is the one I've replaced mine with now the past 2-3 times.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birkhofff, if it's any help I just been accepted for a 3rd cylinder replacement now for my chair, if you ask for the T2 Road Warrior cylinder it will fit, while also not touching the floor and making the chair higher overall, this is the one I've replaced mine with now the past 2-3 times.

Thank you, with that advice, i asked for that specific cylinder.. I hope they will send it

Before it went to the Binman i thought i would do a fix for others to follow.

1 - Grab an old silicone sealer tube the type you use in a sealer gun, this is roughly the same size as the chair base but slightly smaller.

2 - Place the tube inside of the chair base until flush with bottom and mark with a pen.

3 - Remove and cut were you marked, Please don't be a wally and make sure it is a used tube and the plunger is past you're cut mark is lol. If not waist some more :sunglasse

4 - Once you have you're peace of tube take a sharp knife and cut down 1!! side of the tube along the full length.

5 - Place inside of the base and using you're fingers to hold it in place slide it over the gas lift pushing down firmly.

Job done you're chair gas lift is now fixed and at the correct height it should have been.

Ps - You prob need a block of wood and a heavy hammer to knock out the gas lift from the base.

Now time to swap bases back over :mad:

Thank you very much I followed your steps with minnor changes, added some ducktape to the tube so it would fit even tighter, just before it gets thicker.

And did not cut the SiliconTube trough, but only made 4 small cuts at the bottom so it stayed in place by it self.

I really really thankfull for your tips @Craig Saunders! I was even considering buying a new larger spring pump, but they don't come cheap, this hack, took me like 10min and didn't coast me any money!

20210415_175725.thumb.jpg.9ab1d89962247d2eca72f7219e6c5dfb.jpg

20210415_175738.thumb.jpg.957fb57523c49da5a8ff56f676cd123c.jpg

Edited by HSken

Same here, owner from Belgium.

Bought the chair June 2019. It always felt on the low side, but my original desk was lower, so I didn't give it much thought.

I've since upgraded to a "Gaming desk", which is consideratly higher. This makes for a verry oncomfortable sitting position, and heavy strain on prolonged mouse usage.

I've started to investigate why this chair was just at 'kids' hight, and found this thread. Why there no recall or official statement is beond me...

My piston is sitting at 5mm from the floor.

20210421-074148.jpg 20210421-074159.jpg 20210422-174724.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi from Belgium

My T1from last year is also sitting too low

But now 1 of the 5 side of the feet is also broken

I have opened a ticket : 2004409328

Any idea when it will be treated ?

I'm using my T1 to work at home so it is VERY annoying :(

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue as everyone here. It came to a point where it became a fixed chair because I can't move the chair without damaging the floor. I don't know what to do anymore. 

I tried to contact corsair support, but even after showing this forum page full of customers complaining about this specific model they wanted me to change the bottom part of the chair and stick with it until it's bad again. Because that will be the result after a few months.

I even try to contact @Corsair Mint in a private message, once this person is so active here and I saw that he/she is trying to help everyone, but so far no answers. 

It's just a shame to go through all this nuisance for something that should be fixed as soon as the company noticed so many customers complaining about it. 

I suggest that if you are reading this forum and thinking of buying the chair, just save yourself a lot of trouble and choose another one. 

For those who might concern, my ticket support is 2004583505.

20210819_090307.jpg

20210819_090249.jpg

20210819_090152.jpg

• 1 month later...

Having an absolute nightmare getting this sorted for the 2nd time! Contacted Corsair support over a month ago, they take 10 days to respond each time and have basically said the parts aren’t in stock, tough luck, thanks for using Corsair. The chair is still in warranty. 

Does anyone have any advice? I have also messaged @Corsair Mint

So I have this chair for 4 months, In these 4 months I have literally suffered.

At first I thought the table is too high, so I lowered it, involving removing some screws and aligning the table top to a lower set of holes, I had to this twice until I reached the desk minimum height. Now my legs are very uncomfortable.

All this agony and frustration, I was sure the Chair is fine, I bought it following a warm recommendation from a friend who has it, you guessed it, for years. (before they presumably changed the height and cylinder.)

So I am pissed at you Corsair, for KNOWINGLY selling me this chair, and not supplying the correct parts to fix the issue along side this flawed chair. Your method of waiting for the customer to complain in the forum / warranty is unfriendly and means you suffer until we reach a low point at which we complain.

Shame on you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have the exact same issue that’s being pointed out by other users. 

After reading all the comments here, it’s disappointing to say once the new part are sent out, after awhile the same issue will reoccur. 

I live in the UK, and it’s shocking Corsair haven’t completed a product recall for this design floor. 

I’m waiting for my replacement parts to arrive, but I think if this does not fix the issue, then if enough people on this thread are in agreements to take legal action as it’s clear Corsair have failed their legal obligation. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bought one of these used with this issue, looking at the earlier solution with the silicone tube i did the same but with a shampoo bottle, admittedly i cut it very half arsed but you can't see it with the cups that sit there.

Worked well seemed to have gained me about 2 inches.

My original idea before seeing this thread was to get some metal bushings/spacers and longer M8 bolts that hold the base to the chair to raise it up a bit but this was effective, free and solved the base touching the floor.

PXL_20220109_145026701.jpg

Edited by DeadLOK

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this chair a little while ago and had the exact same problem with the base nearly touching the ground and just feeling too low overall. Put a ticket in and was told the gas lift had fallen through the base. I was sent a new base, but nothing is changed after installing the new base. Exact same problem. Seems that this chair either has too thin a lift or too large a hole in the base. I regret going for this model over others, but I'm going to try adding a sleeve or something to try and fix the height myself since I don't want to bother getting a new chair right now. Pretty disappointed. spacer.png

i was going to recommend a corsair chair to a friend but now

i don't think so....👎

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have encountered a problem with my T1 Race chair that I unpacked today. the gas lift mounted to the maximum arrives at 44cm high at the maximum the chair is too low even with the armrests raised all the way to the top I can't put my elbows down. the chair is much too low I would like some help.

• 2 months later...

I'm VERY disappointed to be searching the issue with my chair to find over 100+ reply thread all with the same issue and still no resolution to the fix. For a such a reputable company this is really bad.

has anyone had a permanent fix to this that doesn't involve a DIY job?

my T1 was purchased in 2019 and has completely ruined our floor. 

I don't know what steps to take to resolve this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm having the same issue as everyone else in this thread. Corsair chair purchased through Amazon UK in 2020 and the chair has now dropped and become too low. Was going to try and replace the gas cylinder for an extended one but I cant even get the old one out. Can I please get some support on this issue?

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2022 at 10:11 AM, YUNGLIEM said:

Hi there, I'm having the same issue as everyone else in this thread. Corsair chair purchased through Amazon UK in 2020 and the chair has now dropped and become too low. Was going to try and replace the gas cylinder for an extended one but I cant even get the old one out. Can I please get some support on this issue?

I´m having the same issue.  I´ve only found this video that seems pretty accurate in regards of removing the tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aXBsVM2dcI

• 3 months later...

Here I am back again, and I am shocked to find Corsair have done f all about this and there are still many users suffering even into August this year as the user above mentions.

I am one of the original posters in this thread after being hugely disappointed of how stupidly low this chair is at full height, and that's not even mentioning the bottom of the cylinder actually touching the floor.

So anyway, Corsair sent me a replacement and promised me the T2 cylinder which was taller however this cylinder has already failed within a year, and just goes to the lowest height, even the weight of my 5 yr old daughter it can't hold anymore!

Corsair had sent me another replacement, and lo and behold I finally give up with the t2 cylinder and decide to replace with the other one corsair sent me, it's only the bloody original one again they sent me, which leaves me practically sitting on the floor and bottom of the cylinder touching the floor again, I'm so extremely disappointed with this chair for the couple years i've owned it, even go as far as to say i've suffered owning this chair, with the constant lifting myself up mid game as it decides to lower itself slowly over course of 5-15 mins.

I had a DXRacer before this and didn't encounter any of these problems, and although this chair is much more comfortable, it's hell of alot more trouble and would pick a dxracer less comfort anyday over the tragic of this chair.

But I think what's most disappointing, is that I logged in today to find nothing has been done, no recalls, no product change, no version updates. Corsair this is a massive fail and letdown to your client base for chairs, certainly lost a customer here as and when I purchase my new gaming chair.