Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.6.19 here

Technobeard

But after a sleep the settings are gone.

Definetly an issue with the new Corsair Link.. Hope there will be a fix soon.

Unfortunately, that is a separate issue and may occur on prior versions of Link as well. However, that one can usually be resolved by restarting Link (and its corresponding service) which doesn't always fire back up on wake.

The hopelessly locked issue is different and no amount of rebooting, relaunching, or re-configuring seems to effect change.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changloge: No new features.

What are those two new lighting modes for LL fans, then?

Rainbow wave (channel effect) although you could access that mode if you closed link anyway. But, it's now showing in the drop-down menu.

Also, Color Warp.

Are they not considered new features?

Version: v4.9.6.19

Windows 10 Pro x64

My AX760i that is connected to my H100i (fw: 1.1.3) is not detected, same as previous versions. Last working version: v4.6.0.86

Is this no longer a supported configuration? Is this a known issue? Can you confirm the issue or that you have read my report? Is this the right forum to report issues with new link versions?

What version of Windows you're using. Windows 10 Build 16299.334

Summary - Graphics Card no longer present

Detailed description of the issue - My Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1060 6GB no longer shows up in LINK, in previous releases the card was present and i could monitor fan speeds but now it appears to have vanished

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help - http://i67.tinypic.com/10dbkac.png

Suggestion 1 - Allow device boxes to be rearranged to better help populate available space - as per screenshot above one cannot see my RMi850 PSU or Lighting Node Pro

Suggestion 2 - Include more lighting modes for LED Ram Modules and H115i Pro and improve synchronisation with LL120/LL140 fans.

Suggestion 3 - Allow the ability to resize the app - As i am using a 50" TV as a monitor it is unfortunately has a native resolution of 1024x768 as a result i cannot view certain items in LINK without using the slider to move content from left to right.

Link does not properly support multiple monitor configurations where the monitor you drag it to us above of below the primary monitor.

Dragging the window the normal way does not work, as soon as I release the left click it snaps back to the main screen.

In order to get the Link window to a screen that is either above or below the primary I have to use the Win Key + arrow key and cycle it to the desired monitor. Once it is on the secondary screen, if I click on the title bar for the link window or in certain areas of the window it will snap back to the primary monitor.

OMG

I have a Ryzen system, that I was having issues with the USB hub portion of the Commander Pro connecting and disconnecting, and then showing in device manager as "Unspecified USB input device" after windows quick messing around. It would also make my POST hang on the GPU check. The only way I could get around this was to disable but not Uninstall the device in device manager. It SEEMS like this issue has been remedied... I'm going to monitor it over the next few days to see if it happens again. So far, so good.

OMG

I have a Ryzen system, that I was having issues with the USB hub portion of the Commander Pro connecting and disconnecting, and then showing in device manager as "Unspecified USB input device" after windows quick messing around. It would also make my POST hang on the GPU check. The only way I could get around this was to disable but not Uninstall the device in device manager. It SEEMS like this issue has been remedied... I'm going to monitor it over the next few days to see if it happens again. So far, so good.

This is exactly the same issue I'm having on my x299 ASUS R6E board. I'lll follow your solution for now until a fix comes. Thank you! :cool:

This is exactly the same issue I'm having on my x299 ASUS R6E board. I'lll follow your solution for now until a fix comes. Thank you! :cool:

UGH. Started up my system today, and its NOT fixed. The hub portion of the Commander pro shows up as "Unknown USB Device" and the error that shows is "Device Descriptor Request Failed".

How do I know its the hub portion? I plugged my RM650i power supply into the commander pro with the USB 2.0 connection cable. I all of a sudden could hear the USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing in the other room. I came back, and noticed that my monitoring of the power supply in Corsair Link dropped each time the "disconnect" noise played, and picked back up when the "connect" noise played. I disconnected the power supply from the Commander pro, and the noises kept happening. Device shown was as I described above. I plugged the power supply link cable into the motherboard, and it works flawlessly. I literally have to go into my device manager, disable the "Unknown USB Device" (NOT uninstall or remove, windows will install it again and you run into the same problem) and then i can actually get past the POST in my system without having to start the computer two or three times. This is pretty ****ty, considering I spent 70 bucks on the Commander Pro, 40 bucks on the lighting expansion kit, almost 80 bucks on my corsair fans.... I am not impressed. Corsair needs to fix this ASAP. I was hoping that this update fixed it... it did not.

UGH. Started up my system today, and its NOT fixed. The hub portion of the Commander pro shows up as "Unknown USB Device" and the error that shows is "Device Descriptor Request Failed".

How do I know its the hub portion? I plugged my RM650i power supply into the commander pro with the USB 2.0 connection cable. I all of a sudden could hear the USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing in the other room. I came back, and noticed that my monitoring of the power supply in Corsair Link dropped each time the "disconnect" noise played, and picked back up when the "connect" noise played. I disconnected the power supply from the Commander pro, and the noises kept happening. Device shown was as I described above. I plugged the power supply link cable into the motherboard, and it works flawlessly. I literally have to go into my device manager, disable the "Unknown USB Device" (NOT uninstall or remove, windows will install it again and you run into the same problem) and then i can actually get past the POST in my system without having to start the computer two or three times. This is pretty ****ty, considering I spent 70 bucks on the Commander Pro, 40 bucks on the lighting expansion kit, almost 80 bucks on my corsair fans.... I am not impressed. Corsair needs to fix this ASAP. I was hoping that this update fixed it... it did not.

Hey ... can you confirm the version of the firmware that you are running?

Link reports the existence and rpm of a non-existent system fan. Gigabyte Z370M D3H. There is no fan connected to the SYS_FAN1 header. BIOS reports no fan (0 RPM). HWMonitor reports no fan.

It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, any progress on getting AMD graphics cards to report actual fan speed? HDMonitor has the same problem.

Hi Guys,

I'm running this latest version of Corsair link and have a couple of questions. I just built a new system with a H150i.

Q 1) I'm not sure if my hardware has the latest firmware here. Can someone please clarify if all three of these hardware pieces are up to date?

dGlmn0s.jpg

Q 2) One of the H150i fans. fan #1, is running 1100rpm whilst the other two are on 500rpm. All three fans are set to performance. Is this a bug or a configuration issue? (When setting all 3 to default they are all in sync)

EDIT: Hmmm it seems when flipping between modes on the cpu fans, i.e performance to default or what ever it doesn't seem to apply until you do it the second time. It is easily reproduced, I also do wait and watch the RPM before hand and it certainly doesn't take affect until you apply it the second time. Looks like a bug.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm running this latest version of Corsair link and have a couple of questions. I just built a new system with a H150i.

Q 1) I'm not sure if my hardware has the latest firmware here. Can someone please clarify if all three of these hardware pieces are up to date?

You do have the latest firmware. If new firmware is available, the "Check for Updates" button will get it and notify you.

From another thread in the Link section...

H115i PRO and H150i PRO coolers appear in Link 4.9.6, but are non-responsive to pump, fan, and LED changes. These items are selectable in Link and the application shows the changes, but nothing happens, as if the pump and software cannot communicate. No amount of rebooting or re-plugging addressed this and the roll back to 4.9.5.25 brought instant relief.

Yup, Same here. Every update always messes up something else....pretty annoying, i rolled back as well to the previous version and now it seems to have my profile setup but i cant see the cooler info box on link, can you?

Yup, Same here. Every update always messes up something else....pretty annoying, i rolled back as well to the previous version and now it seems to have my profile setup but i cant see the cooler info box on link, can you?

Yeah I'm having this issue too as stated above. You can work around this by Clicking Apply/OK as well as setting the values you want multiple times. It doesn't always respond to the first change, it usually ends up being after a few go's.

Archived