Corsair Community

Seeking OSX Users

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
I wish I would be able to use this, but it seems it is a closed beta, also the chances are slim, I got a K63 for xmas and I don't have a windows computer, and I can't get CKB to work. If they made it an open beta they might be able to get more users. Oh well.

Getting more users isn't an issue at this time. We'll invite more people into the beta or maybe even open it up when we feel that we're at a point we can comfortably do that.

I have a few Apple products I could test with. I'm getting a K65 this week and would like to be able to use it at work if possible. I have 2 MBP 15 and 2 Mac Mini's. The hardware is similar on both, but would be willing to help with this and am fairly technical with OSX\Windows. SysAdmin here. Let me know if you're interested in including me in this. It would be a good addition for Corsair to include OSX support.

Hi,

Very interested in this. Will PM you. Please add us all to some kind of communication list when this is ready. I'm using CKB now, but it seems to have some issue with my latest and greatest macbook pro. It's a great open source project, but would be much happier with a tested product from you.

I'm sitting here now using my K70 RGB with the mac with the default red/white colors; pretty boring.

One thing to consider. It would be great if you could add key mapping capability. Many PC users moving to mac switch the option and control keys. Would love to be able to switch function and control also!

• Corsair Employee

Hi all, as an update, Ive been getting a ton of requests which makes me happy to see such high interest.

However, unfortunately, due to the next stage of CUE development, I have to delay what I wanted to do. Updates for macOS will cease next month until we can get back to it. I apologize to everyone for this as I just don't have enough resources at the moment. It is good to see that the number of issues being reported to me are very small so it means that we're on the right path.

Hi all, as an update, Ive been getting a ton of requests which makes me happy to see such high interest.

However, unfortunately, due to the next stage of CUE development, I have to delay what I wanted to do. Updates for macOS will cease next month until we can get back to it. I apologize to everyone for this as I just don't have enough resources at the moment. It is good to see that the number of issues being reported to me are very small so it means that we're on the right path.

Updates for macOS will cease next month until we can get back to it.

I highly doubt this will happen , so long Corsair, i doubt any mac support will ever be provided. SO all of you guy with that glimmer of hope , you can kiss it goodbye. You might as well start looking for another brand of keyboard because the corsair will not work properly with the Mac OS.

Is it not possible for any of us to receive ANY copy of this software? There are over 10 pages of us yearning for macOS support. Note that macOS is a productivity OS, not one for gaming or recreation. These 10 pages of requests are from people who need this software for productivity, who need RELIABLE tools to ensure that they can WORK with a peace of mind, who originally purchased your products hoping that Corsair could provide this simple assurance to them, to find that they don't work, even as plug and play, on the industry standard macOS. Is there nothing that can be done, not even the release of firmware that will at least enable basic functionality?

• Corsair Employee
Updates for macOS will cease next month until we can get back to it.

I highly doubt this will happen , so long Corsair, i doubt any mac support will ever be provided. SO all of you guy with that glimmer of hope , you can kiss it goodbye. You might as well start looking for another brand of keyboard because the corsair will not work properly with the Mac OS.

To be fair, we've only ever supported Windows with our CUE-enabled products. OS X support is something we're exploring with this test and we've made quite a bit of progress in the short time we've had it available for the test group. Priorities had to be made and we'll revisit this in the future.

Is it not possible for any of us to receive ANY copy of this software? There are over 10 pages of us yearning for macOS support. Note that macOS is a productivity OS, not one for gaming or recreation. These 10 pages of requests are from people who need this software for productivity, who need RELIABLE tools to ensure that they can WORK with a peace of mind, who originally purchased your products hoping that Corsair could provide this simple assurance to them, to find that they don't work, even as plug and play, on the industry standard macOS. Is there nothing that can be done, not even the release of firmware that will at least enable basic functionality?

If we decide to open up the pool of testers again, yes, it's possible. If you're waiting for something reliable, you'll need to wait until some point in the future when both CUE for OS X and Mac-compatible firmware for our devices have matured to a point where we can officially support our products on OS X. The entire point of this test group was to iron out bugs and work with peripherals that are in various states of compatibility.

Thread will be closed and remain closed until we're ready to share this project again at a later date.

• 9 months later...

Archived