Corsair Community

mounting a 140mm fan onto a 120mm RAD

TacticalBeard

so i am nearing the end of my first PC build and i need case fans. i like corsairs ML series of fans as im trying to keep the rig decently quiet. i have a little issue that i was wondering if any one has a solution to. i like things to be consistent which in this case(pun intended) would be using 140mm fans in every single slot 3x front 2x top and 1x rear. but my graphics card uses a 120mm AIO i was wondering if any one might know of some kind of adapter or anything i can do to mount a 140mm fan onto a 120mm RAD or if this is just crazy and i should just mount a 120 on it and call it a day.

I would probably put the 120mm on and call it day, particularly since there is an existing 120mm fan to match the others and it is certainly radiator capable.

There are 140mm to 120mm adapters out there, however there a couple of things to keep in mind. This type adapter can make some strange sounds if paired with a very strong 140mm fan and is not always the most efficient. A longer "shroud" helps with that, but at the expense of taking up a lot of space. I am not familiar with your case, but I am running a similar set-up (probably) and I also had planned on using 140's all the way around on my Air 740. Funny enough, after temporarily putting a 140mm radiator and fan in the rear slot, I realized I preferred the look of the smaller 120mm combo. It was too crowded back there, both aesthetically and put the top fans and rear fan into very close proximity.

Archived