Corsair Community

Is it possible to program the Windows Lock Key to disable Caps lock?

GRINDFEST

Lately I've been trying to get used to typing on the K70 RGB Rapidfire (My first foray into mechanical keyboards) but I've been struggling with capitalization when I keep accidentally hitting caps lock when I attempt to hit left shift.

Is there any way to utilize CUE to disable the caps lock key when I enable the Windows lock key or do I have to switch the assignment for caps manually?

No, but you can do it in a different way. Setup the windows lock key to actually act has a mode switch, then in the new mode use the "Clear" option on the caps lock and windows keys. Doing so you can simulate what you need, it won't work unless CUE is active in background though.

If you are asking for a solution that works when CUE is not running, then it is not possible.

• 1 year later...

Dude.. could you have possibly been more vague? You know when you Google up a need for an issue to solve and it starts out with a GREAT lead-in and it looks like you have finally found the solution .... Then DOH! It ends with a non-answer like this one.

Terabyte, it seemed like you know EXACTLY what you were talking about but left just a teaser. The Corsair Que interface is legendary for being a difficult and half-baked solution for a programming interface.

Could ANYONE fill in the blanks here and describe how to program a key like the CAPS LOCK to NOT engage with an accidental fat-finger?

In CUE, create a new Action on your keyboard. Under the Actions dropdown list, choose the Disable option and choose the "Disable key if Lock Button is on" button. Lastly choose the Caps Lock button on the interface above. That should be the fix for what you're looking for.

Not really answering the question since it doesn't involve the CUE but since I simply hate the CAPS-LOCK I thought I'd share this neat trick anyway...

I use a registry hack that first turns off the CAPS-LOCK function, then defines it as function key F13 which I finally use as the PTT key in several chat clients (Discord, Ventrilo and Teamspeak at least). Can of course use it for whatever that can handle function keys.

I found this when I was looking for a way to get Ventrilo, I think, to work with the CAPS-LOCK key agains since some update ruined that. Windows has support for at least 16 function keys but most keyboars only got F1 to F12. It works with Windows 7 to 10 at least, and makes the CAPS-LOCK key finally useful :)

I found the info here: http://www.grismar.net/ventrilocapsfix/

If you're uncertain, please open the reg entry files and read them before applying them. You should always be sceptical about registry hacks (and other advice yoy find on the internet) that potentially can harm your computer.

Dude.. could you have possibly been more vague?

I thought he did really well for someone from Italy and answering in English. and indeed took the time to offer help.. and judging by his 4k of posts.. prob helped many many times..

Ultimately he gave a work around and a definitive answer imho... Made sense to me.

Archived