Corsair Community

Scimitar Mac Workaround

Erebos

I was looking to buy a Scimitar gaming mouse. However, I own a Macbook Pro. No need to get into the Mac vs. PC debate. I am aware of my folly, and am looking to buy a gaming PC as soon as I have the money.

So I was looking for a workaround for using the Scimitar on my Mac. I was wondering if I could open up the drivers on a PC and configure it first, then use it on my mac. Or can I just plug it in and assign key binding in game? I only intend to use the side buttons in game, so do I need to configure it for it to work?

This is my first post in this forum. So if I've put this in the wrong category or overlooked a previous thread answering my question, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
I was looking to buy a Scimitar gaming mouse. However, I own a Macbook Pro. No need to get into the Mac vs. PC debate. I am aware of my folly, and am looking to buy a gaming PC as soon as I have the money.

So I was looking for a workaround for using the Scimitar on my Mac. I was wondering if I could open up the drivers on a PC and configure it first, then use it on my mac. Or can I just plug it in and assign key binding in game? I only intend to use the side buttons in game, so do I need to configure it for it to work?

This is my first post in this forum. So if I've put this in the wrong category or overlooked a previous thread answering my question, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

You need to run CUE in order for the macros or remapped keys to work and the actions settings can not be saved to device memory. Only the static lighting profile can be saved to the memory

Archived