Corsair Community

My One and Only Gripe About The New STRAFE RGB

fenix840

@JustGamer: the issue is not specific to a keyboard model/type. It is related to the switches themselves, how you press them and so on. I heard too a few times a ping sound on my K70 RGB the first days I got it, after that I never heard it anymore.

I guess you could compare it to some kind of break-in period for the switches? At least that's what I think based on my own experience since I've never heard it anymore.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@JustGamer: the issue is not specific to a keyboard model/type. It is related to the switches themselves, how you press them and so on. I heard too a few times a ping sound on my K70 RGB the first days I got it, after that I never heard it anymore.

I guess you could compare it to some kind of break-in period for the switches? At least that's what I think based on my own experience since I've never heard it anymore.

So you mean that the sound will be gone later after I use it sometime? If theres no solution then I should retry again and buy Strafe RGB Silent. But if I get that damn sound again and it will never go away, what am I gonna do?

So you mean that the sound will be gone later after I use it sometime? If theres no solution then I should retry again and buy Strafe RGB Silent. But if I get that damn sound again and it will never go away, what am I gonna do?

Unfortunately I cannot guarantee you anything. As I said that was my experience, after the first few days I never heard the ping sound anymore. But I can't say 100% you won't hear it anymore yourself on the keyboard you'll get.

Well, i don't know then. I've asked another shop/reseller. They said strafe rgb mx red don't have that sound when you type on it.. But if you hold the key/keys and then it the ping sound comes.. we'll see if I go for Strafe RGB mx Silent but first waiting for Corsairs answer. :/

• Corsair Employee
Well, i don't know then. I've asked another shop/reseller. They said strafe rgb mx red don't have that sound when you type on it.. But if you hold the key/keys and then it the ping sound comes.. we'll see if I go for Strafe RGB mx Silent but first waiting for Corsairs answer. :/

The red switches are louder than the MX Silent, which makes it less noticeable. On my previous post, I have explained that the sound will vary to some degree but because it is a quieter switch type and due to tolerances

Since our engineers have deemed that there is no abnormality with the switch, there is nothing to fix. The sound may or may not go away after usage.

The red switches are louder than the MX Silent, which makes it less noticeable. On my previous post, I have explained that the sound will vary to some degree but because it is a quieter switch type and due to tolerances

Since our engineers have deemed that there is no abnormality with the switch, there is nothing to fix. The sound may or may not go away after usage.

So you mean that the RED Switches is less noticeable, that means the ping sound is less on red switches and more on silent, right? But thanks for the information anyways..

[*]

LOL this is ridiculous, how can you have a silent switch that makes a ping...

[*]I have more pinging keys on this silent keyboard than i did on the coolermaster xti

Doesn't matter which keyboard you have, it's the switches itself my keyboards I had, only 2 of them was pinging. As I said b4 on other topic that the 1st had no pings at all only the replacements.

Only Ctrl, space esc and some other buttons I heard much pinging on the other was normamlly a little bit of pining..

So yeah, if u don't like that u should change to MX RED cuz the silent is silent.. u will not hear any clicky as u do with mx red. With silent u never haear the clicky sound, u only hear that damn ping sound xD..

Try to take it apart and then put it back, I heard that it works on other forums?? But I never tested it and dk 100% if the ping sound will go away.

yes it is more noticeable on the MX Silent swiches

So Corsair why don't u make the same Strafe RGB keyboard but with aluminum? Cuz I love the Strafe but I wanna go with K70 RGB and I can't becuz I want the Strafe RGB but it's plastic and the K70 RGB is like old without the white background on the strafe..

So Corsair why don't u make the same Strafe RGB keyboard but with aluminum? Cuz I love the Strafe but I wanna go with K70 RGB and I can't becuz I want the Strafe RGB but it's plastic and the K70 RGB is like old without the white background on the strafe..

its meant to be a cheaper alternative to the K70 RGB

• Corsair Employee

Come to think of it, the K70 is due for an update. So you would like the design of Strafe to be on the K70 chassis?

Come to think of it, the K70 is due for an update. So you would like the design of Strafe to be on the K70 chassis?

Doesn't matter.. Like if u could from the begninning, make the Strafe RGB (with aluminum) exactly as the other K Series: K70 k95 and so on..

Don't know if u can make a new version of strafe rgb the exactly same design but of aluminum.

Or the other alternative take k70 RGB and add the same white background that is already on the strafe so it would be more awesome with powerfully leds..

Or just go for Strafe RGB of 2 versions.. One's made of plastic and the new of aluminum cuz I love aluminum more than plastic..

U can ask others "Corsair fans" on facebook it may not only be me who want's the Strafe with aluminum? Instead of upgrading the k70 with the white background? or the other way round?

-------------------

(Edit read this)

Shortly:

1. You release Strafe RGB with (aluminum) |Best Alternative| :D

2. Or you update K70 RGB with the white background on, it would be awesome with fully glowing leds the same as the Strafe RGB have :P

3. I read on the Corsair forum that a guy wrote this,

1. There is no way to get 16.8 million colors on the K65, K70, K95. There is no firmware, or software fix coming.

2. The Strafe RGB is currently the only keyboard that has 16.8 million colors, because of its upgraded LED controller.

3. There is no plans on having the K65, K70, K95 upgraded to the new LED controller.

Just make the Strafe RGB but make it with Aluminum instead of upgrading the K70 becuz it does not have 16.8 million colors and the led controller is not like the Strafe RGB so yeah as I said I hope u can upgrade the Strafe RGB (into aluminum) instead of upgrading the K70 rgb..

Waiting for your answer :biggrin::biggrin: :laughing::laughing:

its meant to be a cheaper alternative to the K70 RGB

Ohh, I have always thought why the Strafe RGB is cheaper here in Sweden than the K70 RGB.. But rlly never had an answer xD

Would be very cool if

1. They release Strafe RGB with (aluminum)

2. Or Corsair updates K70 RGB with the white background on, it would be awesome with fully glowing leds the same as the Strafe RGB have :P

3. Doesn't matter to me that both alternatives works for me I just want the aluminum on strafe and if it's better with alternative 1 becuz it already have the white background. But I saw on facebook that most of people are asking where is those media buttons that was on the K70 on that new Strafe RGB, those media buttons does not matter for me if it was from k70 or strafe...

@Corsair

They will never release a Strafe with an aluminum body, as mentioned above Strafe is supposed to be lower tier/price compared to the K70 and that's why they use plastic for it.

I wouldn't be opposed at all about a new K70 with the same design though, I like the Strafe style but I can't give up the multimedia and volume keys.

Well, if they won't release a new version of strafe with aluminum, they can atleast upgrade the k70 add the same white background so it looks like the strafe.

I mean like it would be awsome if the k70 rgb had the white background and it could reflects allround the led colors...

That's it, that's what I only want to go with K/0 RGB cuz it's already aluminum if Corsair won't do an upgrade like this or release strafe with aluminum then it's just waste of time and I should just buy Strafe RGB again...

Corsair, just look don't make a new aluminum strafe... If u won't just take the K70 RGB and make it the same led lights as the strafe rgb, white background so it glows and reflects fine..

And then

-------------------

1. There is no way to get 16.8 million colors on the K65, K70, K95. There is no firmware, or software fix coming = Now take the K70 RGB and in any way dunno how just upgrade it in any way and make it 16.8 million colors or even more than 16.8 millions like 99 billions

2. The Strafe RGB is currently the only keyboard that has 16.8 million colors, because of its upgraded LED controller = Please just upgrade this thing and that's a solution for number 3

3. There is no plans on having the K65, K70, K95 upgraded to the new LED controller = upgrade that LED controller

Just Upgrade it guys and we can say that the NEW upgrade of K70 RGB is Strafe's little brother, cool? The same keyboard but made of aluminum :D And then I can buy it :P

Well, if there's no plans to do any upgrades then tell me so I don't need to waste time?? And buy the k70 rgb, about the k70 rgb I had wrong.. it already have 16.8mil colors but not true 16.8mil.. The only thing is that it doesn't have the same white background as strafe rgb..

Well, if there's no plans to do any upgrades then tell me so I don't need to waste time?? And buy the k70 rgb, about the k70 rgb I had wrong.. it already has 16.8mil colors the only thing is that it doesn't have the same white background as strafe rgb..

of course there will be upgrades. But you wont know till they announce it

Well some1 asked Corsair on fb about mx silent on k70 which is not so important becuz mx red is still he best one.. they answered him: We'll have more keyboard announcements over the next several months.

Maybe about 3 months instead of upgrading the switches just make the k70 rgb brother with the strafe rgb.. change led controller, true 16.8mil colors and white background as the strafe, that's it :D

I just got my answer and waiting for the new Corsair K70 RGB upgrade :D Strafe is even not a keyboard.. it's just a toy lol, I mean who wants scratched plastic??? Aluminum is the life <333 Just Corsair to make the new K70 RGB to light the same as the Strafe RGB even if they can't add the white background on the new k70 upgrade, they need to somehow do it..

Archived