Unable to boot with XMP CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 on Asus z170 pro gaming MB

r-Z

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have tried your solution-doesnt work for me.

Which bios you have? did you do any other settings in Bios? You didnt activate XMP profile? everyrthing was done manually? thanks

hi i'm using bios v 1202, when i set xmp i got crashes so i set everything manually as SPD profile says, only thing i changed is voltage

settings i use :

3000mhz 15 17 17 35

i set voltage to 1.25v but my bios set it to 1.26v (dunno why it always add 0,01)

everything works perfect for about two , three weeks alredy

So you have another motherboard if you have Bios 1202.

Mine is Asus Z170 Pro Gaming.

Dear Corsair, pls. ask Asus what should I do with your memory Corsair 16G2x modules 3000 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15) and my mother board? The only stable freq so far- 2400 instead of advertised 3000!!!

Thanks.

Edited by A. Bed

Hello guys,

Just to add my fortunately good experience.

I just bought a new i7 6700K + Asus pro gaming + 2x8 Patriot Viper 3000Mhz.

It is working just perfectly with XMP profile. No boot or stability issue.

I installed the latest BIOS 1105. Not tried with original one (0803).

Firstly i had ordered Corsair 2x8 3000. But after seeing that post i decided to cancel and buy the next one in stock (Hesitated between Kingston and Patriot Viper).

Feel bad for all of you. Hopefully Corsair will answer again on this post. :)

Quick Guide how it works with:

Asus z170 Pro Gaming (Bios 1105- but i think that is not important which Bios you got)

Ram: F4-3000C15D-16GTZB (2 x 8GB)-3000MHz Trident

i7-6700K 4,6 Ghz

step by step:

1) go to Bios set on default

2) aktivate XMP--> save ---> reboot--> cold start

3) !!!! enable CPU SVID Support save ---> cold start

4) check ram speed on Desktop --> go to Bios

5) do nothing else then active Turbo mode in Bios ---> save ---> restart ---> go to Bios

6) start overclocking the cpu step by step --> Sync All Cores (should be set anyway) and start with 43 Core ratio Limit --> save, restart and try cold start --> if it works start overclocking the Core ratio. I stopped at 4,6 Ghz

Thats it how it works for me.

to lower the voltage with this setting (CPU is running with nearly 1,5Volts at 4,6Ghz i used the offset function in my Bios:

set Offset

set - below

set 0,075

CPU runs with 4,6Ghz at 1,328Volts and 47degress

Hope that helps you too. I would like to know if this "guide" helped someone. Please send a quote.

Edited by Lefey2006

Yes I am, tried every BIOS as it is released.

Is your memory kit using 4 sticks? If so, have you tried removing sticks in slots A1 and B1 (slots 1 and 3 in CPU-Z) to check whether there's an improvement? Slot A1 would be the slot closest to the CPU. Check your MB manual if unsure about slot placement.

Cant boot with XMP also. I think I will return my RAM, we are in mid February and no bios update since 1105. I have 16GB, the 3000MHz kit other users have it also. CMK16GX4M2B3000C15. I'm able to boot but is unstable in prime blend test, it gives error from the start, only speed it was able to be stable is 2933....Any news from corsair, or this is faulty hardware ?

EDIT: RAM WORKS AT RATED SPEED, but I cant oc i5 6600k more then 4.4 stock xmp without failure in prime..............omg this platform is such .. unpolished

Edited by Grafit

• Corsair Employee

For what is worth I informed Crucial and they mentioned they sent my feedback and reports to Asus from their official channel. Maybe Corsair did the same and Asus will deliver (eventually)?

I really hope is Asus is noticing this and working on a fix, else the Z170 is off to a shaky start.

We are indeed working closesly with ASUS to resolve this issue, but we have no resolution yet.

We are indeed working closesly with ASUS to resolve this issue, but we have no resolution yet.

Appreciate the response. Do you have an ETA at all? 1 week, 2 weeks, longer? Any idea on what the issue is? An approximate date of a possible solution would at least stop a lot of the questions.

Cheers

Hi guys, first off I am running the CMK8GX4M2B3000C15 kit, I have two of them for a total of 16GB on my skyline Asus Z170 Deluxe board(updated to latest Bios as of today 2/17/15) with an i5 6600k clocked at turbo 3.9 EVGA 970 gtx. I have encountered the reported issues with running XMP profile or manually overclocking and setting the speed of our DRAM. As of yet I do not know of verified solution to this problem however today I was able to get it working on my PC without issues and booted several times even overclocked my machine after. First I contacted Asus tech support and they provided no solution, then Corsair and I was told try and run the XMP on one kit at a time so (2)4gb DRAM sticks and remove the other two to see if it was just one kit that was bad. I tried it with both kits separately and each kit successfully worked which confused me. So i thought maybe for some reason the kits were incompatible with each other. So just for the sake of trying I mixed the two kits on my DIM slots so I took one stick from each kit and put it in the corresponding DIM slot to the other. So one stick from Kit 1 on DIM slot A1 and one stick from Kit 2 on DIM slot B1..so forth and turned on the XMP switch on my motherboard(equivalent to going in Bios and selecting XMP profile). At it worked! all DRAM is running at 3000Mhz may have been luck or not but it worked for me. The profile for XMP should specify DDR4 XMP profile Corsair 3000Mhz not just profile 1. I will post screen shots later if anyone requests them but I would say give it a try.

• Corsair Employee
Appreciate the response. Do you have an ETA at all? 1 week, 2 weeks, longer? Any idea on what the issue is? An approximate date of a possible solution would at least stop a lot of the questions.

Cheers

I wish I had concrete information to provide to everyone, but we are still waiting on ASUS's end.

Thought I'd give my 2 cents on this issue as I build my first PC yesterday with an Asus ROG motherboard.

Maximus VIII Ranger

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Flashed bios to v. 1402 and turned on XMP without any problems. Went without a hitch. I will try overclocking the CPU this weekend and will report if it keeps working fine.

So this combination seems to be working well.

Edit:

overclocked to 4.4, completely stable (aida cpu and memory stress test ran for 8 hours) with XMP turned on.

Edited by Eglaer

BIOS 1204 has been released today for the Asus Z170 ProGaming. I'll experiment with it later.

EDIT: Still the same problem. Overclocking failed when I enable XMP with my CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 from a cold boot. Not happy.

Edited by drinkturps

Just tried the newest 1204 BIOS for Pro Gaming, as usual it does not work...

But contrary to the other "updates" since 0908, I can now boot @2800.

Alas Corsair sold the CMK8GX4M2B3000C15R as able to do 3000, so I am still not impressed.

Also it is still only possible to reach 2800 by manually setting the speed, all attempts at enabling XMP will yield "failed to overclock".

Just tried the newest 1204 BIOS for Pro Gaming, as usual it does not work...

But contrary to the other "updates" since 0908, I can now boot @2800.

Alas Corsair sold the CMK8GX4M2B3000C15R as able to do 3000, so I am still not impressed.

Also it is still only possible to reach 2800 by manually setting the speed, all attempts at enabling XMP will yield "failed to overclock".

Yep, me too, I can manually set the RAM timings at 2800Mhz with 15-17-17-35 at 1.35 volts (my RAM is the CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 and this is what Corsair suggest are the recommended settings for my RAM) and I can boot just fine. Set it to 3000Mhz and get OC failed. Nearly there!