Corsair Community

Unable to boot with XMP CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 on Asus z170 pro gaming MB

r-Z

Hey guys, I've been searching all over the web because I've been having the same issues as a lot of you. But I just fixed it. I thought it was the mobo and or the memory. It was neither. I went into Window 10 settings and I did the "Reset and Keep files option" I then went into the bios after windows finished doing its reset used the ez online flash option then proceeded to install all the drivers found here https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170I-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

I then reset my PC went into the Bios and set it to XMP and it works very well now. its reading my memory properly and it boots every time with XMP set and even the voltage set to 1.2v at 2666mhz but I keep it on Auto. My whole system actually runs a lot smoother now. http://oi68.tinypic.com/mmeyae.jpg

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh Asus Z170 Pro Gaming BIOS 1104... Great!!

updated, selected the XMP profile for 3200, Same crap failed to overclock message so back to manual 3000mhz settings. this is seriously getting boring now Corsair/ASUS.

god knows what environment you tested this memory in for you to say it works with Z170 chipsets, it clearly doesnt and i actually dont care who's fault it is anymore just get it fixed!

I realized now with what I did I don't have to run in XMP to get the correct MHz to be used in bio if I just change the frequency and leave everything default so things are better than I thought even after reinstalling windows with the bios updated.

I started this thread in Sept 2015 and now its mid January 2016.

I Honestly wish i didn't fork out the extra money for the 3200mhz RAM when i cannot even achieve it. I should of just gone with my gut and bought the 32gb G.skill 3000mhz for the same god damn price as my 16gb kit

i love these lines from the product page on the corsair website for the offending memory.

Compatibility tested across 100 Series motherboards for reliably fast performance

Part of our exhaustive testing process includes performance and compatibility testing on most every 100 Series motherboard on the market – and a few that aren’t.

Designed for high-performance overclocking on Intel 100 Series motherboards

The DDR4 form factor is optimized for the latest Intel 100 Series motherboards and offers higher frequencies, greater bandwidth, and lower power consumption than DDR3 modules. Vengeance LPX DDR4 modules are compatibility-tested across 100 Series motherboards for reliably fast performance. There’s XMP 2.0 support for trouble-free automatic overclocking. And, they’re available in multiple colors to match your motherboard, your components, or just your style.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

i love these lines from the product page on the corsair website for the offending memory.

Compatibility tested across 100 Series motherboards for reliably fast performance

Part of our exhaustive testing process includes performance and compatibility testing on most every 100 Series motherboard on the market – and a few that aren’t.

Designed for high-performance overclocking on Intel 100 Series motherboards

The DDR4 form factor is optimized for the latest Intel 100 Series motherboards and offers higher frequencies, greater bandwidth, and lower power consumption than DDR3 modules. Vengeance LPX DDR4 modules are compatibility-tested across 100 Series motherboards for reliably fast performance. There’s XMP 2.0 support for trouble-free automatic overclocking. And, they’re available in multiple colors to match your motherboard, your components, or just your style.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

I bought the ram based on this statement. It was exuding in confidence.

OK so at this point, and I would like to know if we can quote BAD memory does not work.

Or Bad motherboard does not support main stream memory.

Now either is acceptable as is..................

However neither seems to want to own up to the issue, anyway in all my time in computing this is a poor situation for some major players.

Guys sort it out and stop messing about as this must be embarrassing given the fact that this is your bread and butter.

Sort it, no lame excuses and provide some feedback as promised and not delivered!

Why? 2 mins to reply and give an update, poor, substandard and well below what is expected of a major player in IT.

After the last bios seem consistent. I use three days. however, the XMP profile 1 gives an error !!

http://i68.tinypic.com/24wyfkg.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/dmxhdv.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2qw2clz.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/33jpc94.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/1t2z9x.jpg

Edited by dadopurso

On a Z170 Pro Gaming and 2 kits of CMK8GX4M2B3000C15R, here.

I tried latest Bios (1105), alas it did not really fix anything for me.

Still impossible to reach the promised 3000Mhz, although with 1105 I can boot up with 2800Mhz, from there starts the random race of instabilities and crashes. So this is once again a big letdown.

After reverting back to 0908, I can still run a stable system with 2800Mhz.

But it's noteworthy to say that the auto voltage here on 2800Mhz is also quite high 1.52.

It is possible to still run while enabling "EPU power saving", but the voltage however is unchanged.

Even with countless messages (mail, facebook, twitter) and support tickets, I get absolutely no answer from Asus.

It would be very good to get the latest status update from @Greybeard, grave silence makes me worried that also Corsair will abandon their customers.

I was thinking on switching to Corsair since my Crucial Ballistrix Sport DDR4-2400 don't let me boot on any BIOS version past 0908. I can only use the BIOS 1105 if I set them manually to DDR4-2133 in BIOS (which now I am currently using)

Now joining this forum I see Corsair has issues as well.

For what is worth I informed Crucial and they mentioned they sent my feedback and reports to Asus from their official channel. Maybe Corsair did the same and Asus will deliver (eventually)?

I really hope is Asus is noticing this and working on a fix, else the Z170 is off to a shaky start.

Edited by Florin.Anghel

Just wanting to add to the debate. 2 x 8GB Corsair CMX16GX4M2B3000C15 with the Asus Pro Gaming z170 BIOS 1105

XMP Enabled = Failed Overclock on cold boot voltage at 1.52 (RAM tested at 1.35)

Default - Everything works lovely (but not why I paid extra for 3000Mhz RAM)

I hope Corsair and Asus can work it out quickly.....

EDIT: So far, I can boot from cold with it manually configured at 2800Mhz and the DRAM voltage at 1.35

EDIT2: I can cold boot at 2933Mhz with DRAM voltage at 1.35. As soon as I put it to 3000Mhz I get overclock failed.......

EDIT3: Random game freezes when running at 2933 - RAM latency's showing 16-18-18-36 instead of 15-17-17-35. But hey it least it boots up when I wanted it to!

Edited by drinkturps

Is it now possible to get a refund as what i initially purchased is not what was advertised?

Yes I would say it is an possibly the only way to get anyone to do something about it!

Pretty poor response to faulty products tbh

Hi guys i spent some time to make my ram work @ 3000mhz and i think i found solution... I was trying nearly everything but what seems to work is making ram to work @ 1.25V not 1.35V like corsair says.. Im working 2nd day at 3000mhz 15 17 17 35 1.25V, and it looks like it working well.

Sorry for my not best english, just wanted to share it with u guys ;)

my ram is CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Hi, I also have CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 and Asus z170 pro gaming. I will try this tonight. My bios is 1105.

Hi guys i spent some time to make my ram work @ 3000mhz and i think i found solution... I was trying nearly everything but what seems to work is making ram to work @ 1.25V not 1.35V like corsair says.. Im working 2nd day at 3000mhz 15 17 17 35 1.25V, and it looks like it working well.

Sorry for my not best english, just wanted to share it with u guys ;)

my ram is CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

I have tried your solution-doesnt work for me.

Which bios you have? did you do any other settings in Bios? You didnt activate XMP profile? everyrthing was done manually? thanks