Corsair Community

Discuss Link v3.2.5695 here

Technobeard

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to work with the 5570 release but now, zilch!

Went to Windows 10 in August 2015 and installed a new GTX 970 2 days ago. That's all the changes made recently.

Checked the regedit fix published months ago and all my dwords are at 0.

Any suggestions?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DE76D697205025AD!10221&authkey=!AGb2kD4t2Z7H33w&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Tricky, but it works - now.

Had to re-install about 10 times. Restarted Windows even more than 10 times ...

Problems: CL Commander showed motherboard information, CPU temp, GPU, ... but no Link hardware. Firmware updates didn't work. They got stuck at 0 or 1 % and never moved further.

The solution (well, at least for me) was simple and I only found out by chance: After I made some changes in the Commander window I was asked to change/create/save the new profile and all of a sudden all the information were there after a restart.

After the next restart, all Link hardware showed "0" but after the next restart, now everything seems to work just fine.

I'll observe and report.

- Version: v3.2.5695

- Windows 10 64 bit Pro

- CL Commander Mini

- AX760i

- H100i

- Airflow Pro

- Lighting Node

Edit, when starting "from cold", Link has problems showing all infos/Link devices but after a restart, everything's back there.

Sometimes after a reboot a new GPU is added and the old icons stop updating. This might be due to some motherboard issue not directly related to Corsair hardware i will have to sort out at some time.

In older versions it was easy to hide and unhide a device with the help of an unhide option in the preferences. But in the latest version of Corsair Link Software I can’t seem to find this function anymore leaving me without videocard information in the systems overview. Is there any logical way to get this back to what it was without having to reinstall the whole thing again? Or can anyone tell me were the button went?

Sometimes after a reboot a new GPU is added and the old icons stop updating. This might be due to some motherboard issue not directly related to Corsair hardware i will have to sort out at some time.

In older versions it was easy to hide and unhide a device with the help of an unhide option in the preferences. But in the latest version of Corsair Link Software I can’t seem to find this function anymore leaving me without videocard information in the systems overview. Is there any logical way to get this back to what it was without having to reinstall the whole thing again? Or can anyone tell me were the button went?

This happens often with the software .. so often that I started to make copies of my profiles and when it happens I exit the software and overwrite the profiles with my copies and then start the program again and it seems to fix the issue ... until it decides to do it again. This will happen with my hard drives, video card and motherboard sensors. The only thing that ever seems to always "stay" on the system is my PSU from Corsair.

the "0 reading" devices are basically non-existent anymore so those, if you are remaking your profile, can be deleted and the ones that do actually have readings can be used instead. Once you have a good working profile set up .. my suggestion would be to make a copy of the working ones somewhere because this software does that often.

The profiles are located in the Corsair folder under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Corsair. AppData is a hidden file so unless you have explorer set to show hidden files you will not see it by default.. You can click on the address bar in Windows Explorer and manually type it in or go to view/options (View tab) and click the radial "Show hidden files, folder, and drives"

If you have hidden a device and don't have a backup save of your profiles then the only way it seems now, is to shut down the program, delete the profiles in the Corsair folder and restart the program... then you of course will have to set everything up again. This time make a back up of the profiles .. so if anything gets screwy, which it will, you have a backup that you can use.

TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING A BACKUP OF YOUR PROFILES AND MAKING THEM WORK EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL OR UPDATE.

I have noticed that if you make a copy of a profile while the program is running it may not be the "full profile" so once you set everything up the way you want it ... if you have several profiles make sure you set them all the way you want them to be ... then shut down the program. Start it back up to make sure that your profiles are set right and still functioning. Shut down the program again and make the copies of the profiles (I would put them somewhere else tho you could keep them in the same folder as copies)

Now as for having to reinstall or if you update to the next version (at least it worked for me when I went from the previous version to 5695)... If you just copy the profiles in and start the program ... it will not work. I found that you have to create new profiles for each profile you had... but you don't have to bother setting anything up... just make the profiles in options making sure they are the exact same names as the ones you have saved. Once you have your profiles entered you can close the program and then copy the saved profiles and overwrite the "un-setup" ones you just created in the program. This is much less work if you made a lot of modifications to your labels.

If I misunderstood the issue ... and you need it to "find devices again". I would probably try what they suggest: Unplug the Corsair Link USB plug from your motherboard and reboot your system. Then re-attach the USB plug and reboot once more. This can force a re-detection.

CL is not graphing anything if "RM PSU 12v Current" is selected, even if selected alone.

as i can remeber, CL never let me select this in the past (dunno why), but with this versión i had a "HURRAY!!!! moment" when i saw the list of selectables and RM Current was there.

Anyways is not working, and also makes other hardware to stop graph it's info if option is selected.

Please, do not eliminate the option like in the past, just fix it!

Also have an issue with the emperature reporting of 4 seagate HDD Raid 10 Mode, CL doesn't detect those HDD, SIV does...

@RedRay SIV is the best, thanks for your effort, logging 12v rail current of my RM 1000 PSU since the first day.

Rig details:

MSI Z97 Xpower AC

Intel 4770k delidded w/o OC (on Delid Die Guard)

4x 4gb Kingston HyperX Predator 2666

2x MSI GTX 760 Hawk /SLI

4x 1Tb Seagate HDD 7200rpm (RAID 10)

1x 500Gb Seagate HDD 7200rpm

1x 2Tb Seagate HDD 5400rpm

1x Toshiba old laptop crappy 2,5" HDD

1x Corsair H100i

1x Corsair RM1000 PSU

1x NZXT IU01 USB Expansion

everything inside a Corsair Obsidian 750D

CL_not_graphing.thumb.jpg.4d2b6a45b652c4ed10d799b08f28575c.jpg

CL_graphing_everything_if_rm_current_unselected.thumb.jpg.339cf90a4c0b79b970a4e5c845ec46e1.jpg

Archived