Discuss Link v3.2.5695 here

Technobeard

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version of your Link software: 3.2.5695

What version of Windows you're using: Windows 10 Enterprise

Summary: Unable to view / control fan speed of H100iGTX CPU fans

Detailed description of the issue: Clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise, installed Corsair Link 3.2.5695, all information visible, can change led colour etc except that H100iGTX Cooler Fan is showing 0 rpm. Cables checked, tried alternative USB header on MB. Uninstalled (but not deleted) device from device manager and rebooted, still same

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4: Attached

Thanks

Capture.PNG.14776e57bbeed8fa823dd82061539ca2.PNG

Software 3.2.5695

Windows 10 64 bit Home

New system build with H110i GTX and latest Link software. When I shut the PC down it goes through all the motions however the fans and power light remain on and I have to physically hold the power button to shut it down completely.

If I turn off Corsair Link prior to shut down, the PC turns off normally. Apart from this annoyance, everything else is working fine. Is this a known issue and if so is there a workaround. Tried a search but to no avail.

Terry

so,can anyone confirm this latest version working 100% with windows 8.1 64 bit.

i have just few questions to ask:

1.SLI supported?

2.H100i fully detected without any modification on the registry or elsewhere?

3.AX1200i detected without any issue?

thanks in advance for replying.

HW info:

Asus RIVE

H100i

AX1200i

GTX 780 SLI

Hello, I am having an issue that I am fairly certain others have been having for years. I had this issue with my original Corsair Link but it would work sometimes but now I can not get it to work at all and that is as follows.

Also this is on a new Corsair Link Mini with the current software.

I can NOT get a custom fan curve to respond to an external temperature probe. The fans will go up and down if I point them to the temperature of something like a video card, cpu, etc but THE ONLY reason I bought this device was so that I could connect it to an inline temperature probe for a water cooling loop and control the fans based on the temperature of the water in the loop. The link can see my temperature probe and displays an accurate temperature in the software but when I switch the fans to run off the probe they just stay at whatever RPM they where at when they where pointed at a different software based temp.

This is really simple guys... why can't you get this to work? This is how your H100i works... off the waters temperature! I bought this thing instead of a Auqaero and now I have purchased 2 because the original completely stopped working. I am very upset and feel like an idiot for recommending this thing to so many people on all the different forums.

This is really simple guys... why can't you get this to work?

There is a firmware bug and only the Temp 4 probe works as it should. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=801157 and follow the links.

Once I worked out there was this firmware bug I did a software work-a-round in my software within a few days. I am at a loss as to why Corsair have not fixed the firmware or done a work-a-round given this was reported 9 months ago.

anyone with my question answer ?

What do you mean by is SLI supported? What function are you inquiring about? Are you asking if it will report the temperatures and information for both cards in SLI? I believe it will... at least for Cross-Fire. I just pulled my 2nd card because I bought a new motherboard and it needs a different sized bridge to connect both cards for the water cooling BUT I think that both cards where reporting.

As to registry... I'm not sure about that answer. I think for starters this issue may be avoidable if when installing you right click on the application and select run as administrator. Also not everyone had this issue. That said it can be worked around fairly easily.

As for the AX1200i... YES it does indeed function properly with the software as far as I can tell... HOWEVER that is with a Corsair Link Mini... not sure about with your device... not sure why it wouldn't though.

All that said... have you tried installing the software?

Give it a go and like I said make sure you run as administrator.

What do you mean by is SLI supported? What function are you inquiring about? Are you asking if it will report the temperatures and information for both cards in SLI? I believe it will... at least for Cross-Fire. I just pulled my 2nd card because I bought a new motherboard and it needs a different sized bridge to connect both cards for the water cooling BUT I think that both cards where reporting.

As to registry... I'm not sure about that answer. I think for starters this issue may be avoidable if when installing you right click on the application and select run as administrator. Also not everyone had this issue. That said it can be worked around fairly easily.

As for the AX1200i... YES it does indeed function properly with the software as far as I can tell... HOWEVER that is with a Corsair Link Mini... not sure about with your device... not sure why it wouldn't though.

All that said... have you tried installing the software?

Give it a go and like I said make sure you run as administrator.

yes temperature reporting unlike previous versions where it was written that sli is not supported.

yes i don't want to being end up bricking my cooler which has happened with many of the users here with previous version.

so, before i give it a go.I just want to be sure that it has at least less bugs than previous release & majority of the problem being solved.

A Forum search found nothing on this topic, so I am posting it. This may help other frustrated end-users. Note that many Windows users do not automatically install all Microsoft optional updates.

For my Win7x64SP1 system, Link V3.2.5695 did not recognize all my Corsair Link devices (2ea H80iGT and AX1500i) until after a Microsoft Optional Update was installed. This optional update was "User-Mode Driver Framework V1.11" (KB2685813). Note that I am using the NZXT Internal USB Expansion to connect the Link devices since my Commander-Mini approach did not work out. The Link Updater function still crashes on startup but at least the Link Dashboard now works for me.

Version of your Link software: 3.2.5695

What version of Windows you're using: Windows 10 Enterprise

Summary: Unable to view / control fan speed of H100iGTX CPU fans

Detailed description of the issue: Clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise, installed Corsair Link 3.2.5695, all information visible, can change led colour etc except that H100iGTX Cooler Fan is showing 0 rpm. Cables checked, tried alternative USB header on MB. Uninstalled (but not deleted) device from device manager and rebooted, still same

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4: Attached

Thanks

Fixed, my issue was caused by Asus Q-Fan being set to Auto, changed to PWM and all now ok

The Link software is only available in the system tray on Windows 10. I can't do things like edit profiles, get accurate information about the CPU temperature (MB reading is 10 degrees Celsius above the reading from the link software), change the colors on the unit, set temperature & fan alarms, or any other editing that was advertised.

However, it does show the reading from the MB monitoring software

- Version: CL v3.2.5695

- Windows: Win10 x64

- Summary: RM750i starts blinking led (red/green) after starting CL

- Details: When my PC starts, the PSU led is solid green. When I startup Corsair Link, the led starts blinking red/green (edit: this is normal behavior). Also, temp and fan speed are not detected (stays 0). The device however, is shown in my devices list so it's detected. I also have a H110i GT and this device works perfectly, all values listed. I think this is either a bug in CL or in the fw of the PSU.

Thanks.

Asus Maximus Hero VIII / Intel i7-6700K / RM750i / H110i GT

EDIT: found a solution.

I figured, why not start from scratch. So I deinstalled CL first, then I removed the usb-drivers separately. I also removed the usb devices from device manager. After this I shut down the pc and removed the usb connector from the H110i. So I left only the RM750i connected to the motherboard. I booted up and installed CL, but I did NOT reboot after it detected my device. It was showing correct readings from my RM750i fan and temp. So far so good. So i shut down the pc again and I reconnected the usb from the H110i. Booted up and let CL find this new device. Finally, CL was showing both my H110i AND RM750i with correct values. Everything working as normal.

I don't know why exactly it didn't work the first time. My guess is that CL had difficulties configuring/adding 2 (new) devices at the same time. When i did it separately, it worked like a charm. Maybe it's a bug in CL afterall.

When my PC starts, the PSU led is solid green. When I startup Corsair Link, the led starts blinking red/green. Also, temp and fan speed are not detected (stays 0). The device however, is shown in my devices list so it's detected. I also have a H110i GT and this device works perfectly, all values listed. I think this is either a bug in CL or in the fw of the PSU.

The RM750i LED blinking (red/green) after starting CL is meant to happen and shows that CL is reading data from the RM750i (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143504). The fan is usually 0RPM and only starts when the PSU get's warmer.

You should add your PC specs to your profile rather than including them in the posts.

Hey all,

Just wanted to make this topic with all the bugs that I have experienced with Corsair Link. Come on developers, why don't you just rewrite/rebuilt this whole program? I also add some suggestions that make the program better.

I am here to help you and I come in peace.

BUGS

1. When corsair link is booting up on start and you click the taskbar icon too early when it's booted up you get the following .NET error: http://pastebin.com/fTCrxYjS

2. In windows 10 the context taskbar menu freezes:

http://i.imgur.com/tTebmD4.jpg

SUGGESTIONS

1. Here are some suggestions

http://i.imgur.com/2Ftpu5j.jpg

THIS TOPIC GETS UPDATED!

Post your bugs and suggestions below and I add them to this list. I try to add the bugs and suggestions that are already posted on the forum, here.

Have a nice day!

Toine

Corsair Link Version: 3.2.5695

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Whenever I try to show Corsair Link by double clicking its taskbar icon, nothing happens. The splash screen of the program will show at startup but that's it. It was working fine on Windows 8.1.

I have this problem as well. Win 10x64 H100i. Uninstall/reinstall did not resolve.

Hi i got a really weird issue.I own a Corsair H80i GTX installed on a 4790k cpu and MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mobo im using the latest corsair link software fanspeed is set on default profile which is really noisy (fans hits 2000 rpms no matter what the temperature is).I also own an MSI Nvidia 970 GTX 4G these graphic cards are using zero fan technology which pretty much fans start working above 55C-60C now the weird thing is when the GPU fan kicks in my H80i fans hits maxspeed for like 3mins after that they work nomal.Now if GPU fans stop and starts again same thing will happen.This only stops if i set corsair link to a fixed speed profile.Anyone else expirience anything like this?

Thank you.

I have this problem as well. Win 10x64 H100i. Uninstall/reinstall did not resolve.

Are you sure it is not opening "off" screen?

I use 3 monitors and I recently changed my default monitor from 1 to 2. I usually open CL on monitor 3. After changing the default monitor I noticed CL no longer showed but I could see a graphic when opening and closing the window. I used alt + tab to focus CL(which showed when displaying apps), then shift + right click on task bar icon and selected "Move", from this point you can use shift + arrow or just use your mouse to move it to a visible location.

BTW, uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing to fix this issue as it really isn't related to CL as far as I can tell...

I'm on win 10 pro

I am having major issues with this version of the software. Every time i load Corsair Link, it does not recognize any of the Corsair nodes connected to my system.

After re-installing the software they are recognized but when i restart the system they dot work again and the nodes don't appear again in the Devices section in Corsair Link.

I have installed the software and the drivers and re-installed but nothing changed. Any Suggestion.

Archived