Corsair Community

Discuss Link v3.2.5695 here

Technobeard

I have installed the software and the drivers and re-installed but nothing changed. Any Suggestion.

Exactly what CL hardware do you have and how is it connected?

I cant get the Corsair Link Commander (the older one, not the mini) to be recognized by the Corsair Link software. I have followed the instruction given on the forum solving this problem. However none of the fans, LED light strips will appear.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=794533.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\CorsairLINK what is WindowPosition set to? Try setting it to 0,0.

Oddly, there isn't a WindowPostion registry key for that in mine. Also, its set to open with windows, but doesn't open with windows. I can double click the icon, it give me the UAC warning, then it flashes to the sails icon in the system tray. when I hover over the icon it goes away. Task manager appears to confirm that it shuts down after that.

Oddly, there isn't a WindowPostion registry key for that in mine. Also, its set to open with windows, but doesn't open with windows. I can double click the icon, it give me the UAC warning, then it flashes to the sails icon in the system tray. when I hover over the icon it goes away. Task manager appears to confirm that it shuts down after that.

Given there is no WindowPosition and when you hover over the icon it goes away I suspect CorsairLink.exe is crashing during it's start-up. I further suspect that CL does start with windows and then crashes for the same reason.

Are there any reports in the Windows Application event log? See https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997769(v=exchg.65).aspx.

As I did not develop CL I have no real idea what the issue is likely to be and suggest you ask for support via https://corsair.secure.force.com/.

You should add your PC specs to your profile.

Given there is no WindowPosition and when you hover over the icon it goes away I suspect CorsairLink.exe is crashing during it's start-up. I further suspect that CL does start with windows and then crashes for the same reason.

Are there any reports in the Windows Application event log? See https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997769(v=exchg.65).aspx.

As I did not develop CL I have no real idea what the issue is likely to be and suggest you ask for support via https://corsair.secure.force.com/.

You should add your PC specs to your profile.

This is the error from event viewer that repeats a few times since I've tried to open it on multiple occasions. I'll add some system specs in a bit.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070422): The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422) at System.Management.ThreadDispatch.Start() at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize() at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Initialize() at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start() at CorsairLink.DeviceHandler..ctor() at CorsairLink.SingleInstanceController.OnCreateMainForm() at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun() at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel() at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine) at CorsairLink.Program.Main()

CL is crashing out. What language is Windows set to? Setting English may help, failing that log a support call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/

I got squirelly and decided to do a full reinstall of win 10. It was errors that others weren't seeing so maybe the in-place upgrade wasn't so clean? It seems to work now. Loads up on startup and everything. Thanks for the help. Now make the vengeance 2100 drivers work lol.

I want to upgrade my windows 7-64 operating system to windows 10 but, like many others, I'm getting an incompatibility message for the CL software. The multitude of messages in this forum concerning incompatibility with Windows 10 is astounding and equally confusing. I do not have my Commander unit installed (dumped this a few years back due to all of the problems) and just have my H100i connected using the version 2.7.5361 software which works great. So, can someone tell me, in a nutshell, what I need to do to install the latest software so I can upgrade to Windows 10?

Well first off I think if you do a reinstall of the latest version after you upgrade you will likely be fine. I think most of the problems on here are related to the commander units, although there are the scattered few that are using various issues. One thing I would recommend though its after you do the upgrade, wipe and do a clean install of windows AFTER confirming you are activated. Then reinstall CL and things should be fine. I never got the incompatibility message that is stated in bold oh how to fix. I simply couldn't use the link software because I have an original commander unit. Siv to the rescue.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just concerned about the issue of the fans ramping up and becoming uncontrollable after the upgrade to windows 10 due to the incompatibility of the cl software version I'm using presently. I haven't upgraded to the latest version of cl software yet but, if I do, I know there are manual deletions of files that need to occur to ensure a complete removal of the current software...just can't remember what and where those files are located. When I do this should I wait and do it after upgrading to windows 10? Is there another forum that you might be aware of that I should follow to provide me the details I'm looking for?

There are manual files that need to be deleted but I'm at work and can't point you to the exact location. However if you do the upgrade and then follow up with a clean install (which I highly recommend) you won't have to do that. Those files will already be gone. I recommend waiting until the end of this week/beginning of next to see if they have the newest version of CL validated. It's so close that it's not worth messing with right now.

Timmall:

There's a thread at the top of this sub-forum: How to get rid of the Windows 10 incompatibility message.

Also, they removed the part in the change log where you need to do manual deletions. IIRC that's not needed anymore. Installing a new OS from scratch instead of an upgrade is always the better way to go.

cavey00:

Why do you think there's a new version of Link coming out soon? Was there a Corsair post about it somewhere?

Why do you think there's a new version of Link coming out soon? Was there a Corsair post about it somewhere?

I've been working with the validations tech responsible for the next version, the goal is to have it available by the end of this week.

I have a Beta of it and it fixes old Link Commander support and also reports my 4 x CL Minis.

I have a Beta of it and it fixes old Link Commander support and also reports my 4 x CL Minis.

Hoping it works for the community this time around. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll try it. Siv's working and everything is stable. I don't really feel like trying to fix something that isn't broken after being broken for so long.

No, it still doesn't work. This version didn't change a thing. I still have the same issue with it not controlling the fan for my PSU properly and not re-enabling the fixed 40% fan when it comes out of sleep.

I wish SIV would work on the Corsair Link POS USB dongle they give you with the PSU's but I guess SIV only works with the Link Commander or whatever that thing is called.

I wish SIV would work on the Corsair Link POS USB dongle they give you with the PSU's but I guess SIV only works with the Link Commander or whatever that thing is called.

Both Martin (HWiNFO) and I keep trying to make the PSU USB dongle play ball, but thus far have failed. SIV will report PSUs connected via any of CL Mini, H100i, H80i or old Commander.

Both Martin (HWiNFO) and I keep trying to make the PSU USB dongle play ball, but thus far have failed. SIV will report PSUs connected via any of CL Mini, H100i, H80i or old Commander.

well maybe someday Corsair will fix their software ... or you will get lucky and overcome whatever issues you are having ... I wish you luck.

I love my h100iGTX - but the fact that Link can't control the fan based on my socket temp is really pissing me off. What is the point of controlling fans if you can't use the sensor you want?

It can monitor the all of the temps so why not allow control based on that? Seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Hope this gets fixed/changed soon.

Cheers,

C.

Can someone from Corsair tell me why you wont use the code from SIV for CL?

It's because hardware manufacturers have no idea how to make software and I guess they feel too proud to ask for help.

It's the same with most hardware manufacturers. I have the Corsair AX760i. Good PSU, crap software that doesn't work to control the PSU as it's supposed too.

I have an MSI 390X, good video card (other than it's poor heatsink design which isn't good enough for the card), crap software that causes crashes and also doesn't work when you wake the computer from sleep... their 0 rpm fan until 60º means my GPU runs at 65º at idle and when it comes out of sleep the GPU fans will not turn on and the GPU will hit 99º until you change screen resolutions .. then it "refreshes" the fans and they start functioning again. Thank god Speedfan resolves this issue.

My Asus Motherboard is great and overclocks nicely but the included software with it was garbage too, only half the programs would even work and the ones that did barely worked and caused major issues with crashing.

I think hardware manufacturers need to either hire some software engineers or swallow their pride and get help from some of the software manufacturers who know what they are doing and have had success in the past.

open it up to the community so they can fix it.

more customization on the interface. a widget might be cool

saving your settings so you don't need to redo everything everytime you update would be nice

you'll sell more units if it works

Archived