Corsair Community

HG10 N980 & N970 Thread - Post Issues Here

TheDudeLasse

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked i got the right one.

what pump would u recommend? i was thinking about the h80i-gt but i'm not sure if it will fit or even work better than the h75.

Trying to decide myself. I only have room for 2 120mm. So i am selling my h105 and am thinking I will get two h75 because the new h80i is far to thick to fit in my ncase m1.

Anyone have a recommendation for a better 120mm than a h75? or is an h55 just as good?

• Corsair Employee
Hello,could someone tell me if the HG10 N980 will fit my card, GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW GAMING ACX 2.0+ ( 06G-P4-4996-KR ). I know its not on the list, but hoping they just missed putting it up there.

Thanks

Unfortunately, that card is not going to be supported. The card's screw layout is different from the HG10's layout.

Hi All,

I want to buy the hg10 n980 for my Titan x. I looked the video installation guide, but I don't much understand where the pump cable connect? To the motherboard in CPU fan or to the Titanx,like the EVGA kit? May be someone can do pictures how you connect the pump to motherboard?

Thanks a lot!

It will probably connect to any 3-pin fan header on your motherboard or a SATA power connector. (Depends on which cooler you purchase/use)

If you connect the pump to the motherboard fan header make sure fan control is disabled or the speed is set to run at maximum.

It will probably connect to any 3-pin fan header on your motherboard or a SATA power connector. (Depends on which cooler you purchase/use)

If you connect the pump to the motherboard fan header make sure fan control is disabled or the speed is set to run at maximum.

Hi,

If I understand the pump and fan connect ( by Y cable?) directly to motherboard. I don't understand how the motherboard know that this is GPU and not CPU cooler? And if I disable the fan control, who control the pump?

Thank you a lot for help, sorry my be I ask a trivial quastions.

I would run the fan and pump separately. but this will depend on the cooler you purchase as some of the Corsair coolers have a fan controller inbuilt.

The motherboard does not need to know what kind of device is plugged into it. As long as it provides power to the device, its all that really matters.

Depending on the cooler you get, most Corsair coolers are suppose to run at maximum speed. There are some which allow you to change the pump speed via the LINK software. (Two modes, Quiet and Performance)

I just received my updated hg10 n980 cooling bracket from corsair. I live 40 minutes from Corsair's location, so I received the RMA the next day. The standoffs are different in size when compared to the original ones. Install was the same as previous using the included standoffs because im using a H75 cooler. Good news, the board is not bent. BAD NEWS, my temps are horrible. idle temps 33 with load temps as high as 74C. I was getting way better temps when the board was bending. I removed and reinstalled the cooler 3 times making sure to have even contact in a cross pattern. I give up on this product. I now have 2 sets of HG10 n980's and my 2 980 Ti 's run cooler on the ACX 2.0+ system. Just give up on this corsair.:[pouts:

I just received my updated hg10 n980 cooling bracket from corsair. I live 40 minutes from Corsair's location, so I received the RMA the next day. The standoffs are different in size when compared to the original ones. Install was the same as previous using the included standoffs because im using a H75 cooler. Good news, the board is not bent. BAD NEWS, my temps are horrible. idle temps 33 with load temps as high as 74C. I was getting way better temps when the board was bending. I removed and reinstalled the cooler 3 times making sure to have even contact in a cross pattern. I give up on this product. I now have 2 sets of HG10 n980's and my 2 980 Ti 's run cooler on the ACX 2.0+ system. Just give up on this corsair.:[pouts:

I managed to get overclocked load temps to 56c with the original standoffs, so I'm not touching that fracker... The trick was to loosen the thumbscrews on the opposite side to the PCI-connector. I tweaked the thumbscrews while running Unigine Heaven. Temps dropped significantly. There is a slight bend to the card, but it's running great.

So, my card is now perfectly straight with no bending, 980ti back plate on and getting load Temps of 37c. Looking at the cards in the case the 2 thumbscrews at 11 and 8 o'clock are lossened up quite a bit while the others are snug. Don't know how uneven pressure will work out over time, but proves that corsair was clearly only trying to straighten out the cards. Makes you really wonder how QC is working over there. Happy with my Temps, but I'll only stick to corsair PSU's in the future. Thanks for the post.

H75 with 2 noctua NF-A14 ' not over clocked yet though. Highest I've seen at this point is 40c under load . I'll be overclocking when I get home and install my other hg10 to my 2nd 980 ti . I have the noctuas spinning at 1400 rpm fixed and afterburner set to always have the hg10 fan spinning at 1600rpm. Working good.

So, my card is now perfectly straight with no bending, 980ti back plate on and getting load Temps of 37c. Looking at the cards in the case the 2 thumbscrews at 11 and 8 o'clock are lossened up quite a bit while the others are snug. Don't know how uneven pressure will work out over time, but proves that corsair was clearly only trying to straighten out the cards. Makes you really wonder how QC is working over there. Happy with my Temps, but I'll only stick to corsair PSU's in the future. Thanks for the post.

I thought I read that back plates are not supposed to be used with the HG10.

Could someone post a picture or something to show the difference of the old HG10 N980 and the new one with the correct standoffs? Im asking this for people like me who think they ordering the right one but want to confirm once they receive the bracket. SO how do we know we got the new, correct one?

• Administrators
Could someone post a picture or something to show the difference of the old HG10 N980 and the new one with the correct standoffs? Im asking this for people like me who think they ordering the right one but want to confirm once they receive the bracket. SO how do we know we got the new, correct one?

CB-9060006-WW - Old Part Number (which you shouldn't be able to find anywhere anymore)

CB-9060008-WW - New Part Number

CB-9060006-WW - Old Part Number (which you shouldn't be able to find anywhere anymore)

CB-9060008-WW - New Part Number

I read that. But you never know with some local suppliers. so im asking how do you make 100% sure you have the right one?

Well i went and got the

CB-9060008-WW

+H75 with Coolermaster silencio PWM fans in push pull

Was still able to use the backplate for my EVGA 980 which is nice.

Also have a H75 with Coolermaster silencio PWM fans in push pull on the 6700k

Both cpu and GPU are overclocked

Idel temps 30C on both

BF4 max temp went down on gpu from stock 77C to 52C

CPU temps around 55 as well under load

3dMark temps

59-60C on CPU

57C on GPU

Well i went and got the

CB-9060008-WW

Idel temps 30C on both

3dMark temps

59-60C on CPU

57C on GPU

those temps look great. I was considering getting 2 h75s with only 1 fan on each, because of case restrictions. Think I would get similar temps? small oc on a 3570k and 970

hows the h75 noise? any pump noises?

Well i went and got the

CB-9060008-WW

Idel temps 30C on both

3dMark temps

59-60C on CPU

57C on GPU

My suspicions were correct then, I figured people that were having a problem on here even after they received the updated mount were just due to operator error. Well if anyone can get some pics or a video up I am sure it would get a lot of views!

hey everyone...iv been a long time lurker on this forum.....after keeping myself updated regarding anything HG10 N980 related since it was announced awhile back...i was reluctant to purchase the N980 even after the knowing about the revision..but i went ahead and ordered the CB-9060008-WW aswell as a brand new H90.....i received them both today and went ahead with the build.....there is only one thing im confused about when it comes to the design of the bracket....im not sure if anybody else has noticed...but the VRAM thermal pad on the right side of the GPU closest to the VRM only makes contact with only around 50% of the surface area of the chips...will this impact performance or longevity???...everything else about the bracket went on fine....there is a slight bend but nothing to major..in fact the bending has kinda went away after everything has settled after benchmarking all day.

these are my temps

Titan X

Stock Voltage

Overclocks to 1400 Stable

TDP 110%

idle temp 28c-31c

max load temp on Valley 55c-58c

when i play most games with V-Sync enabled i rarely get over 50C