Corsair Community

A key gets hit twice

iTzBockes

@Corsair Henry,

I just received my order, K65 RGB, when i first plugged it in and installed the CUE software, i was prompted to update the firmware, which i did, and now i find that the "Enter" key isnt working properly, sometimes it doesnt register a key press, sometimes theres a delay in registering, and sometimes a single key press will register multiple entries, is this a firmware issue or a key faulty switch? in the meantime i have requested a RMA, my ticket no is. 6686357

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
I've been having tthe same problems with my k70 rgb broown swittches. Stared a couple months ago and afterr fruittless attempts too reinstall CUE (another issue alone) unplugging, ,restartting, internet searches,, coomoputter settings, i justt found tthis thread. Hoow does tthe RMA apply, whatts tthe process and wwhat does it coover? (shipping costs ,ettc?)

Hello amarysumbra,

Have you tried using the keyboard without the software? Is the key chatter still present? You can submit a RMA at https://corsair.secure.force.com/ . We will replace it with a brand new keyboard and you should not have to pay for shipping. As James stated before, if your keyboards are having chatter issue, we would like the keyboard back for testing.

• Corsair Employee
@Corsair Henry,

I just received my order, K65 RGB, when i first plugged it in and installed the CUE software, i was prompted to update the firmware, which i did, and now i find that the "Enter" key isnt working properly, sometimes it doesnt register a key press, sometimes theres a delay in registering, and sometimes a single key press will register multiple entries, is this a firmware issue or a key faulty switch? in the meantime i have requested a RMA, my ticket no is. 6686357

Hello notea,

Prior to updating the firmware, was the enter key working properly? Trying using the keyboard without CUE and see if the key chatter is there.

Hello amarysumbra,

Have you tried using the keyboard without the software? Is the key chatter still present? You can submit a RMA at https://corsair.secure.force.com/ . We will replace it with a brand new keyboard and you should not have to pay for shipping. As James stated before, if your keyboards are having chatter issue, we would like the keyboard back for testing.

Thank yoouo for gettting back ttoo me Henry. Yes, i have alsoo tried it witthout the CUE software (alas it hasntt woorked for moostt oof this recent patch soo itts been uninstalled mulltiple times- unfoortunately also defeatting the purpoose oof purchasing the RGB if the soofttware for the LEDs wont woork mmoost of the time)).

I'll get started on the RMA. When the ttickett is ready thatt means the shipping baack to Corsair is includded? I presume all the directitons willl include who I have to ship it through for tthatt to apply??

Hello notea,

Prior to updating the firmware, was the enter key working properly? Trying using the keyboard without CUE and see if the key chatter is there.

well, i updated the firmware right after plugging it in for thr first time, so i dont know whether it worked in the prevoius firmware and i dont think it wouldve worked anyways, because after fiddling for a bit, i found that the g99 type stabilizers are keeping the key from registering properly, either they are a bit too tall or the switchbitself is a bit to short, so i put in a bit of cotton into the key cap + hole so that every key press bottoms out, this seems to have fixed it temporarily. should i still go ahead with the rma request? because i think that this is a manufacturing defect, which i cant fix without voiding the warranty.

• Corsair Employee
well, i updated the firmware right after plugging it in for thr first time, so i dont know whether it worked in the prevoius firmware and i dont think it wouldve worked anyways, because after fiddling for a bit, i found that the g99 type stabilizers are keeping the key from registering properly, either they are a bit too tall or the switchbitself is a bit to short, so i put in a bit of cotton into the key cap + hole so that every key press bottoms out, this seems to have fixed it temporarily. should i still go ahead with the rma request? because i think that this is a manufacturing defect, which i cant fix without voiding the warranty.

You are correct, it should not behave like that. Go ahead and request for a RMA. If you purchased this unit from one of our re-seller's, it may faster to exchange it out with them.

• 2 months later...

I am having this problem as well. It started a few months back, and Ii found online that it may have to do with a bad Windows update/driver install, so ii followed directions on how to revert it. Nope.

Thought it was something with a bad CUE update, so I reinstalled that. Still the same thing. Then II did a firmware update as the newer CUE software notified me about one and iit still diid the same thing.

Also triied other USB ports, and it only happens on thiis keyboard as I have tried others without thiis issue.

I did a full wipe of my SSD and reinstalled Windows and it was fixed for a few days(YAY!) but has now come back even worse than before. Chrome and other auto-corrects are having a field day with this issue. -_-

Hoping the express RMA is still available as Ii work from home.

Same issue :sigh!:

K70-RGB Cherry-Browns (Nordic / danish)

Model Number: CH-9000065-ND

Using "Keyboard chattering Fix" (KCF in short) atm, set to 100ms. This removes a LOT of the "typed" errors, but, the issue is still present.

Contacted the store i bought it from (Webstore, that answered 2 minutes after i sent the mail) and was asked to fill in a RMA.

Picture from the KCF log attached:

!! This post, is merely to add to the statistics. !!

If the name of the webstore is needed, please toss me an IM.

9675be9b0324e383c7d1a3d3ed606206.thumb.png.9787151402cb6576325700fe9bea8dde.png

58222d30a559a304ad5d2276b0677332.thumb.png.5ab13785bfe5ba312ab38ec5dd168674.png

Hello Tina,

Did you submit the RMA directly through Corsair? Please provide me with your RMA number and I will take care of you

The webstore i bought it from, made me fill out their own RMA. (STILL not entirely sure, what it stands for...)

Also, the shipping adress, is for them, so, i´d guess, they might end up shipping it to you guys :S

Sending you name, adress and RMA number via PM

Corsair's RMA system is most likely different to your webstore seller's RMA form.

If you get a ticket number that cannot be found on Corsair systems, you will either need to request an RMA via Corsair directly or continue with the RMA process with your webstore seller.

A RMA can be created directly to Corsair here;

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization.

A return merchandise authorization (RMA), return authorization (RA) or return goods authorization (RGA) is a part of the process of returning a product in order to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during the product's warranty period.

Source: Wikipedia

I purchaseed a KK90 MX reed backk in 2013 that had this same issuee. I RMAed it and Corsair gave me a kk70 rgb as a replaceemeent in April of 2015.

Now heeree I am, 8 months lateer and thee chatter has reeturneed to mulltiplee kkeeys, maily thee 'ee' keey.

I am past my wwarranty now but I thinkk since this is such a common kkknown issuee I should be offeeereed another reeplacemeent. A 150$ kkeeyboard should last more than 8 months wwithout having issues that preeevent mee from typing.

I have trieed all kknown fixees listeed on this forum.

I havee purposeelly leeft my duplicatee characteeers to show thee eextent of my issuees wwith a 8 month olld kkeeyboard.

This is a deefect wwith this line opf kkeeyboard, as this is my seecond onee that beegan having issuees afteer 8-12 months of use. It was also a difffeereent modeel and expeerieenced thee samee eexact issuees.

Can you heelp me so I can typee with my kkeeyboard again?

I've had my K70 RGB (brown switches) for almost ~1 year now, never had any issue.

Same with the Strafe RGB (brown switches - again) I have on the other pc, I've had it for ~6 months so far.

I wwondeer if it's mainly a problleem with thee reed swwitchees?

Thee browns might not havee the samee issues that my reeds havee had. Hmmmmm.

Oh, so you have reds? It might very well be part of the issue. Thinking back on it, I have seen more posts around (in this forum and others) about red switches having chatter compared to brown and blues.

Maybe because they are linear switches they are more prone to chatter? That's just me throwing ideas around though, I have no base to be certain :p:

Oh, so you have reds? It might very well be part of the issue. Thinking back on it, I have seen more posts around (in this forum and others) about red switches having chatter compared to brown and blues.

Maybe because they are linear switches they are more prone to chatter? That's just me throwing ideas around though, I have no base to be certain :p:

Yeeah both of my corsair kkeyboards wweeree reds. Originally I had a KK90 and I RMAd it for this KK70 rgb. Both had veery similar issuees and it's a shame because I loveee the kkeeyboard wheen it workks :(

I wwouldn't want to havee to re-program all off my macros wwith anotheer softwware/kkeeyboard typee...lol.

I purchaseed a KK90 MX reed backk in 2013 that had this same issuee. I RMAed it and Corsair gave me a kk70 rgb as a replaceemeent in April of 2015.

Now heeree I am, 8 months lateer and thee chatter has reeturneed to mulltiplee kkeeys, maily thee 'ee' keey.

I am past my wwarranty now but I thinkk since this is such a common kkknown issuee I should be offeeereed another reeplacemeent. A 150$ kkeeyboard should last more than 8 months wwithout having issues that preeevent mee from typing.

I have trieed all kknown fixees listeed on this forum.

I havee purposeelly leeft my duplicatee characteeers to show thee eextent of my issuees wwith a 8 month olld kkeeyboard.

This is a deefect wwith this line opf kkeeyboard, as this is my seecond onee that beegan having issuees afteer 8-12 months of use. It was also a difffeereent modeel and expeerieenced thee samee eexact issuees.

Can you heelp me so I can typee with my kkeeyboard again?

No response from corsair even though this is a keyboard less than a year old? They also never answered my question on my RMA ticket last year which was: "is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to prevent this with my new keyboard moving forward?" That's 2 150$ keyboards that became unusable within the first year.

This is a known issue, honestly these should be recalled. I just want a keyboard that works. By the way this is being typed on an iPad with a working keyboard this time. I highly recommend against the purchase of any corsair mx red keyboards until they acknowledge and fix the issues.

Try the keyboard on another computer. Are the keys still repeating?

Have you also tried BIOS mode? Does it still repeat?

Please update your system specs;

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/profile.php?do=extra

Having the same issue with two different keyboards is very rare.

Yees it happeens wwith more than onee systeem. I highly doubt this is a raree issuees wwith theesee swwitchees.

This is a kknown defeect theey shouldd be ackknowwleeeging and reeplacing. Thee wwilll reeplace it via RMA iff you're inside the wwarranty but theey do not ackkknowwlleedgee thee issue wwith their kkeeyboards and swwitchees.

This makkes twwo of theese kkeyboards with cheerry reed swwitchees leess than a yeear old wwith thee issuee. Both reeally starteed noticing it close to 6months-1yeear of use.

I would reeally just like a wworkking kekyboard....

Archived