Corsair Community

K70 RGB recognised as K95

rossjohnb

@Erkan: Like Jason said, the new version of CUE fixes the non lit keys with all layouts. I can confirm that it works.

Regarding thw firmware update: Since the pop up on every start was getting on my nerves I just tried it and installed the "normal" 1.13 offered by CUE. The keyboard is still a K70 RGB and the pop doesn't appear when starting CUE. So, you can do the update. :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BillRathbone, if your answer was for me: I already went through the procedure.

What was really annoying after the update was that CUE said on every start that there would be a new firmware version available (K70RGB_app113.bin), although 1.13 was already installed via the "manual" update (K70RGB_bld011_app113.bin). That's why I asked if we (MX Brown owner with K70RGB_bld011_app113.bin) could or should install the "normal" 1.13.

Since I got no answer I just did so and the (positive) result is that the keyboard is still recognized as K70 RGB and CUE doesn't nag about a new firmware (actually the same version) on every start. ;)

Hi there,

I'm running v1.1.56 of the CUE and would really like to resolve this K70 being identified as a K95.

I have a K70 (MX Brown, UK layout). I also have a ticket opened for the last few days: 6533261

Any chance you could help me with this manual update process?

Your issue has been resolved. For those having this particular issue please ensure to submit an RMA request at https://corsair.secure.force.com and in the subject please title it 'K70 Recognized as a K95'

If any of you have issues with this, please open a ticket and reply here with the number. I will have one of our tech support agents contact you personally to resolve the issue.

I have the exact same problem ticket #6537673

Archived