Corsair Community

K70 RGB recognised as K95

rossjohnb

@pacer1622:

Disable lighting via the button before shutting down the PC. BTW, for me the buttom still works for a few seconds after the computer turned off - just in case you forgot to turn the LEDs off.

@Erkan:

Make sure the CUE isn't loaded with Windows and don't start it until the update is here.

Reboot the computer, unplug and plug the keyboard. Now I can use the lighting button again.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When pressing the windows lock key the K95 will do the right thing with the command. The K95's command will make the numpad 7 white on a K70. That's what happens when using thw wrong firmware. :p

Thing is, i've not downloaded or installed the firmware for my K70. I was too scared to try it..

Thing is, i've not downloaded or installed the firmware for my K70. I was too scared to try it..

If it was recognised as a k95 all it does it make it think it's a k95. You can even use k95 themes with it!

It's not perfect but it means we're not waiting

Also, im a bit worried that my phone bill will go crazy if i recieve a call from the US.. I live in Denmark, do anyone know if it will cost me something to receive the call?

I don't believe it will if you are in your home country on your home network, but if you are really worried then I'd check your tariff details

I just received the call.

Firmware updated -> keyboard is recognized K70 RGB now. :)

The problem with the not lighting keys with non UI layouts still persists, but that will be addressed with the next update.

So, anyone who hasn't submitted a ticket yet, do so and wait for the support to call you.

Archived