Corsair Community

RGB With Dead LED ?

Dicehunter

Was watching a Tek Syndicate video when logan was at computex at the Corsair booth, Look at the RGB Corsair keyboard already with dead LED's, So much for "Improving the LED's" :-/

This was pointed out to me by another forum, I'm hoping it's just a pre-production sample issue because I don't want to go through the tedious RMA process again when I get my RGB K95.

busted.jpg

Why do you think they're dead? It's a bad angle and bad lighting.

Yes, that had to have been a pre-production keyboard given the timeframe.

See the below quote :D:

Looking at the video instead of a still image they don't seem to be working as the base does not change colours unlike the others next to it. (Mainly the one in the Numpad section)

I am hoping that these SMD LED's are better and this was just a hiccup, Not keen on paying out $150'ish for a keyboard that's faulty after a short amount of time and then waiting a month to get a working one back only to go through the whole thing again when the Corsair keyboard inevitably fails :(

Don't base ANY opinions on a pre-production sample.

As for our launch date, this is from our product manager:

Our launch date has changed, but fear not: we'll be shipping soon and will provide more details in a few weeks. We have only the highest expectations for this product, and want to deliver our community the very best. Thanks for your patience.

I have to be honest, "pre-production sample" or not this is absolutely terrifying, given the frightening failure rate of the original K70s and now this. I was looking forward to purchasing one of these boards but considering that it's more than likely to fail, and that all accounts are I'll have to pay for the shipping on the RMA when that happens, I'm heavily considering just passing on it completely.

If anyone's worried about dead LED's on RGB K70 keyboard. Just wait 2-3 month after RGB keyboard is released to see if anyone reports dead LED's. Nothing wrong with playing it safe and holding out a few months before purchasing.

Just got a heads up from the keyboard team. They said that the LEDs weren't dead.

The LED’s on the pre production samples were functioning but turned off for various testing perimeters with the early FW.

Don't mean to be disrespectful but that sounds kind of fishy to be honest.

Any way I asked OCUK and they quoted me £189.99 for the RGB K95, I really hope that this is a place holder price as that's completely over the top for a keyboard.

So any updates on price or even a release window ?

• 2 months later...

Archived