Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

This is for the Void headset.

Now that we have the "Activate sound notifications, could we some of these?

1) change the volume of those notifications

2) different voices / custom sounds / a variety of sounds to choose from

3) range of sound reduction for those notifications

4) show battery % while charging

5) lighting profile based on battery/charging (charging/100%/80%/60%/40%/20%)

6) reprogramming of certain buttons (Mic mute/Side tone, EQ/Surround)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty new to my keyboard (The Strafe RGB), and maybe something like this is suggested before. Also, as I found workarounds for most of them, this might not be that important, but it would still be nice imho.

• Ability to ctrl-click on key groups to select more groups simultaneously

• A right-click menu with "invert selection", or similar. Though I accidentally found out a ctrl-drag also does that (and with better control), but context menu in addition would still be nice. And easier to figure out. Or an "invert selection" button.

• Some way of detaching a group's lighting effect from the collective group and instead bind it (the lightiing effect) to each key. Yes I also found out this is possible now, by not selecting a group, but instead select all the keys individually and then drag a lighting effect to them. And then edit it, while all keys are still selected. Even if it's the same keys as in a group, just without being selected via a group button. This seems a bit cumbersome when one already have an easy way of selecting a group of keys, and you still have to select them one by one basically. Maybe a right-click context menu with "detach group lighting", or something like that. And the reverse, "Use as group lighting", for the selected key in the selected group (Since maybe the same key might be a member of different groups?). Hope that made some sense.

• I also wish the groups were visible in "standard settings".

• A way of spanning a (static) color gradient across a group in some direction, kind of like the wave effect thing, except in space and not time :P Maybe even use the same wave settings dialogue but include an extra option for the gradient graph's X-axis: Time or space. :-)

Edited by CoilWinder
Typo; inverse - invert. Wops.

The one thing I would most like to see is the use of absolute mouse coordinates in macros. I often wish I could click one or more buttons in a sequence on screen with a macro, but if the cursor does not know where it is or where to start from, it is useless.

Strafe RGB: Set 16.8 mode ON by default in CUE for Strafe RGB owners.

Beware, most keyboards will have an older fw out of the box, so make sure to prompt the user to update first, then enable the option. Otherwise some users will never be able to experience the full rgb looks.

Strafe RGB: Set 16.8 mode ON by default in CUE for Strafe RGB owners.

Beware, most keyboards will have an older fw out of the box, so make sure to prompt the user to update first, then enable the option. Otherwise some users will never be able to experience the full rgb looks.

That setting applies only to K65, K70 and K95. STRAFE RGB has a different/new LED controller that can handle 16,8m colors without flicker, thus the setting is useless for it.

Really miss the opportunity to assign a key to go back to Automatic Profile Switching. With this i can assign a key to go to a specific profile (like when i go away and want a cool lighting effect like a "screensaver" for the keyboard) and then back to automatic when i am using the keyboard again.

A couple of more wishes to the genies in the bottles :)

• "Link profile to program" settings should also accept .scr (screensavers). If there is a way to do it, I haven't figured out how.
  • Ability to set multiple keys for one action (modifiers), as have been suggested before, I just thought it deserved another mention :)
  • Ability to override the caps lock, scroll lock and numlock lights.
  • Add option to disable "Ctrl + Esc" key for the "When keyboard lock is on" setting under the profiles Performance tab (If possible).

That setting applies only to K65, K70 and K95. STRAFE RGB has a different/new LED controller that can handle 16,8m colors without flicker, thus the setting is useless for it.

The option is still there, even for Strafe users, and it is "OFF" by default.

Even if it does nothing, it should be just turned off for Strafe users then, because it is just confusing.

Or the software just show a tick there for Strafe users.

Either way, it's just weird like now.

(If it really does nothing.)

I hope this hasn't been posted already:

There is the possibility to activate a certain profile (or mode) when pressing a key, but this deactivates the automatic profile switching and I have to re-enable it by using the system tray icon. A better solution to this would be the possibility to map this function to a button.

What I especially have in mind is creating menu-like structures in one profile that can be accessed by every other profile by the scroll lock button (who needs that button anyway?). That part works fine already. I want to be able to press that button again in my "menu profile" to re-enable the automatic switching and by that return to the previously (automatically) selected profile.

So basically it's just the possibility of mapping an already existing CUE function to a key. That would be great! :)

EDIT: Damn it, this was suggested three days earlier and is even visible on this page :D Next time I should at least spend SOME time on reading...

Edited by Frostbite1003

• 3 weeks later...
Is support for older Corsair peripherals at all possible? CUE runs so much better with the M65 RGB's lighting and macro support, meanwhile the Raptor K50's software really is stuck in the dark ages. Having to run 2 separate programs in itself is pretty cumbersome too. This is probably the only thing I feel I can suggest, I've been quite happy with everything otherwise.

1. Customization of all keys... (including the "disable windows key" key on Strafe RGB)

2. per key brightness settings, not general for all keys. the brightness key on the keyboard then could ramp up each key to the next step, so a 33%-key would set to 66% while a 66% would set to 100%...

3. same for general light modes, having parts of the keyboard in standard config mode configured to spiral rainbow while other parts do type-lighting... Or combining them, spiral rainbow with type lighting on letter keys, without type lighting and with different colors on number row, keypad on static breathing color aso...

4. easier speed settings - downloading a profile from the web normally lights the keyboard way too fast, so a general setting to make every animation XX percent more or less of the current speed would be great.

ex. "Fire" profile looks rather like a gas burner than a cozy open fire...

EDIT:

5. Notification lighting... having some LEDs flashing shortly in a specific color when an e-mail comes in or there's something new in the windows 10 notification bar.

Edited by paradonym

With linking a profile to a program, it's possible that other programs can steal focus away from a program unintentionally, changing CUE back to the default profile.

(I'll go ahead and say what programs - things like Zorro or CinemaDrape. I'm guessing there are more cases where it could happen though)

I'd like to see an 'ignore program' option somewhere, effectively causing a program to not be visible to CUE, thus not changing back to the default profile. It can be sort of like logic; When this program IS running AND that program is NOT running, use this profile.

(Heck, that's another idea, allow assigning one profile to multiple programs!)

Edited by vingamer234

Hello!

I'm completely deaf in one ear, and I would like the option in the audio profiles for my Void RGB USB to adjust balance so all the audio goes to my good ear; or just have a Mono toggle. Many games' audio is VERY positional and sometimes I can't hear certain sounds at all because it's going to the wrong ear.

Or, maybe there already is a way to do this and I just can't find it...

Thanks!

Windows 10 accent color as color selection for the devices. To color the keyboard according to windows background taskbar auto colorisation

and if I haven't said it before: setting an FN-Function for every other of the 103 keys which should improve key bindings A LOT... having 10.609 possible keybindings on the keyboard and probably many more if FN+Alt+#key, FN+Shift+#key, FN+Ctrl+#key is added (that should then be round about 31.825 possible keybindings)

so programmers, scale the database for keybindings BIG :)

Edited by paradonym
exchanged "keyboard" with "devices"

Does a person even need ~32k possible macro combinations? That seems kinda "do it just for the sake of it"...

It would be a great marketing point. A macro executed on almost any key combo you could think of...

I'm thinking this is already possible in Autohotkey. I set up macros in the past that executed when I held CTRL+mouse4, a keyboard and mouse interaction!

Maybe it's not the number of unique key combinations, but the flexibility in being able to choose which keys do exactly what. It sounds cool to me, but honestly I'm more interested in some extra lighting functionality since I know I can turn to AutoHotKey for macros that I dont know how/can't build in CUE.

I would like to request that you allow for launch parameters when creating a macro that opens a program. For example. This is what I'd like to see supported.

D:\ScreenBright.exe -set screen 1 brightness 20 contrast 20

I'm formerly a Logitech user and the only reason I purchased a K95 RGB over a new Logitech keyboard is because it has an extra row of G keys that I could use for my light level macros. These work in LGS but don't in CUE. Could you please add this functionality so I don't have to go back to Logitech? I've grown fond of this keyboard but I need this functionality for my own sanity. Thanks!

I would like to request that you allow for launch parameters when creating a macro that opens a program. For example. This is what I'd like to see supported.

D:\ScreenBright.exe -set screen 1 brightness 20 contrast 20

I'm formerly a Logitech user and the only reason I purchased a K95 RGB over a new Logitech keyboard is because it has an extra row of G keys that I could use for my light level macros. These work in LGS but don't in CUE. Could you please add this functionality so I don't have to go back to Logitech? I've grown fond of this keyboard but I need this functionality for my own sanity. Thanks!

There was an option like that before to add parameters when running an executable, it was removed because of some kind of security issues. I'm not sure of the details.

There should be a way to assign system volume control to the scroll wheel on the scimitar (or other CUE mice) as a volume control workaround for us Strafe owners without a volume wheel. Ideally we could click on the scimitar's scroll wheel to change it from scroll function to volume function, run the wheel up or down to adjust volume, then click the wheel again to return the function to scrolling. Could you guys come up with a macro for that? Thanks. Zac.

In the lighting effect section, it's impossible to use a decimal. It makes it nearly impossible to sync my mouse lighting breathing effect (impossible to change in the mouse software) with my keyboard. My mouse has an about 5.5 second breathing time. I've included a screenshot so it's easier to tell what I mean. http://i.imgur.com/XDXY5ue.png

I was wondering if non-integer numbers could be added.