Corsair Community

small question with login screen

Haharen

So basically i just bought me a strafe rgb and wondering if there is any way to change or fix the color while im on my login screen it shows as red and white when im at login screen of the computer and when i log on the keyboard changes to the setting i want which is ranbow wave help me if there is any way !! :[pouts::[pouts::[pouts::[pouts::[pouts::[pouts:

http://madice.home.xs4all.nl/Hardware/Corsair/StrafeRGB/CUE/Profile001B.jpg

Click the image for a larger version.

Start the CUE software. Switch to the "Profiles" tab. Under "Profile" you'll find the name of a profile (in this case "Desktop"). Maybe you have another name there. Select the one you want. To the right of that name is a hamburger menu button (the one with the three horizontal lines, near the top left of the menu shown in the screenshot). Click it. That popup menu opens. Select "Save Profile to Device Memory". A chip will show in front of the profile name afterwards. Using the same popup menu, make sure to set that profile as the default one. That's the bottom option.

That's it.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to use the visual effects (rainbow wave etc.) as well in windows login screen or just the static background lighting?

ps: @MadIce: thanks for your above explanation :)

Only static background lighting. The effects/animations require CUE to be running in background. When you are on the login screen CUE obviously has not been initialized yet.

Only static background lighting. The effects/animations require CUE to be running in background. When you are on the login screen CUE obviously has not been initialized yet.

Thanks terabyte. Got ya.

What I was trying to accomplish is the following: CUE is initialized after booting up and logging in - and when I'm pressing "WIN + L" to lock the machine (for some AFK time), I wanted the keyboard to go on showing the effects.

I tried to assign the profile to "winlogon.exe" (like I tried with other programs, which worked fine) but somehow the file winlogon.exe won't show up in the file dialog of CUE (although it's there when I'm looking for it in windows file explorer).

Probably CUE isn't allowed to operate while back in windows login screen ... :sigh!:

Archived