Corsair Community

Bluescreen with CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 on Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

fire_angel

Hello, I'm mexican, so my english is not very good, I have a problem, I purchase a Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 and I install the memories in the slot 1 and 2 for activate the dual channel, but after to 3 hours on the PC appeared a bluescreen and before this not occurred, then I made overclock to my PC and disappeared the bluescreen, but return after to 2 days, and now for each time to I power on the PC the bluescreen appears 2 or 3 times and I have preoccupied that this could damage the HDD or another component. I execute the last version to memtest86+ and not found errors and I tried change the memories to slots 3 and 4 and the problem continued.

The official page of Corsair say that this memory is compatible with AMD Proccessors, but the box of the memories does not say, the problem is my Motherboard or another component?

If anything serves, the errors that appear me are:

*** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XFFFFF87FFF09FCA8, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF880010FF4F5, 0X0000000000000005)

Other is:

*** Ntfs.sys - Address FFFFF880010FF4F5 base at FFFFF8800105A000, DateStamp 4ce792f9.

And this: 0X00000001E

I need help urgently.

From now thanks to all.:sillygrin

Hello, RAM GUY, thank you very much for your help, I modify the voltaje values and I settled in 1.6V and I execute memtest86+ in 4 pass without problems, for the moment the PC is stable, but I monitoring the system because the last time when I made the overclock, the system failed past 3 days. Thanks again for help me, and I will notify you to the results in 3 days.

One more question, I not understand that of the set the memory frequency to DDR1333, when I made the overclock to my PC, only did to the processor. Then, when modified the voltaje values, the frequency values were in 1333.

Today power on the PC and again appeared the blue screen, I want modify the voltaje value to 1.7 V, but in the BIOS, the value appear in red, I think that this is for warning, you think to is convenient modify the values although they appear in red? I don't want damage the memories.:[pouts:

Change the frequency to DDR1066 didn't work, this time appeared me 3 blue screens followed, for this I remove 1 memory to the motherboard for start the system. I was researching on the web that the errors to appear me (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, BAD_POOL_HEADER, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) normally are associated with some files (in my case, tcpip.sys, win32k.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, Ntfs.sys, ataport.SYS and klif.sys) that could be the problem, but also influences the hardware, all the errors above cited are attributed to RAM Memory, for damage or incompatibility, or other hardware, but the problem started when I install the dual channel kit.

I will try monitoring the system with only one memory module, if the problem appear again. What I can do? Change the memory kit and come back to my old memory of single channel?:[pouts::(:

I don't want to get rid of my dual channel kit.

I appreciate for your help.

• Corsair Employee
I would test them one module at a time but from what I have seen some of the AMD 955 CPU's will just not run with the memory at DDR1333. You are welcome to try and replace them under RMA if you like just use the link on the left to request one.

The memory is not the issue from what you have posted. But as I said we can try and change them but I do not think the results will change much.

Ok thanks, still I have to try update the BIOS, because there is a new version that say correct the voltaje of the memory, and if this not work ,then I'll have to keep them and sell them later and come back to my old memory of 2GB. I don't want to my PC be damaged for this blue screens. Thanks for all. I think then this post is solved.

Thanks for all and for your time.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, the bad news is that with the new BIOS of my MB still appear the blue screen, the good news is that it not does so often, maybe once a week or two, the system is more stable. I still think in change the memory kit later, but this time for a memory kit that be compatible with my MB. Thank you very much for you help, your time and your patience RAM GUY.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried running the system for a day or so on just one module to see if you can duplicate the issue with a specific memory module or set of modules?

Ok first happy new year and thanks agair for your help. Look, I tried the modules one on one, and effectively one produce the blue screen, I execute the memtest for 6 pass, and the funny is that not detect errors. Now, when produce a error, the PC or not working (games, CAD software or another program that need much memory) or I'm just sufing on the web (Google Chrome or IE).

With the other module, no problem, works perfectly.

I upload a txt file that mark the blue screens. From the December 23 I change the bad memory module for the good memory module, and again change the module on January 3 and in the report of the BlueScreenView, the dates are marked. The dates prior to December 23, appear the blue screens when works the 2 modules on dual channel.

If you need a screen capture with some program for see details of the memory, just tell me.

Thanks again for your help.

Blue Screens Corsair XM3 2X4GB.txt

Archived