Corsair Community

White Replacement Keycaps

Helltech

I've been looking for some white keycaps for the K70 Lux, I don't want to replace them all, just the lettered keys, so I really want a font that compliments the other caps. I really can't find anything from anywhere that would let the RGBs shine through.

Have a look at http://www.maxkeyboard.com/products/parts-and-accesssories/key-cap/full-keycap-sets/

They do ANSI and ISO keycap sets and cater to the non standard bottom row Corsair use on their keyboards. You can also upload your own fonts for them to use on your keycaps using either Illustrator or Inkscape.

Hope this helps.

Best

Wulf :D:

P.S. Also worth noting is that Corsair are currently looking at providing their own aftermarket keycaps but there is no way to know when and what will be available yet.

I don't wnat blank keycaps, honestly if the keycaps that were with the k70 lux were just white, instead of black, that is what I'm looking for.

Have a look at http://www.maxkeyboard.com/products/parts-and-accesssories/key-cap/full-keycap-sets/

They do ANSI and ISO keycap sets and cater to the non standard bottom row Corsair use on their keyboards. You can also upload your own fonts for them to use on your keycaps using either Illustrator or Inkscape.

Hope this helps.

Best

P.S. Also worth noting is that Corsair are currently looking at providing their own aftermarket keycaps but there is no way to know when and what will be available yet.

So the letters are clear (see-through or what have you)? Do you know offhand what the font is for the Corsair K70 lux?

I don't wnat blank keycaps, honestly if the keycaps that were with the k70 lux were just white, instead of black, that is what I'm looking for.

So the letters are clear (see-through or what have you)? Do you know offhand what the font is for the Corsair K70 lux?

Yes, they do backlit keycaps with shine through fonts. The font (on the K70 LUX) is the same one used on Strafe, designed to let more light through. I don't know what the font is other than Corsair in-house. Seen as they are about to produce their own keycaps I wouldn't think it's likely they'd give access to the font for reproductive purposes.

Best

Yes, they do backlit keycaps with shine through fonts. The font (on the K70 LUX) is the same one used on Strafe, designed to let more light through. I don't know what the font is other than Corsair in-house. Seen as they are about to produce their own keycaps I wouldn't think it's likely they'd give access to the font for reproductive purposes.

Best

Thanks mate, is there any ETA on those Corsair keycaps? Because that's basically what I want. If its within this year I don't mind waiting.

Are these cheap ebay ones garbage? Wouldn't mind using them till Corsair ones are released. I honestly don't know anything about mechanical keyboards. Just researched a lot on switches, couldn't get the 70 lux in blue (what I wanted), settled for browns. After seeing a post from Corsair that the blue rgb wouldn't be made anymore, and now they are on the Corsair website after Christmas? Kind of sad about that, but oh well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Translucent-Doubleshot-PBT-White-104-KeyCaps-Backlit-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-/401205193802

http://www.ebay.com/itm/108-Backlit-Thick-PBT-Keycaps-Cherry-MX-switch-FOR-Mechanical-Gaming-keyboard-/172463614053

EDIT - spelling

No problem mate, glad to help.

This is the thread about the Corsair keycaps. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155919

If you look back to the start of the thread it's about a year old, so hoping won't be much longer before something is announced.

I checked out those links for you and the bottom row on either set wouldn't fit a Corsair keyboard. The spacebar on those sets is 6.25 units in length, the Corsair spacebar is 6.5 units long. The spacebar affects the size of the other caps on the bottom row too.

Don't be too hard on Corsair about the blue switch keyboards, they're at the mercy of Cherry who are struggling to meet demand for the mechanical switches.

Hope this helps.

Best

No problem mate, glad to help.

This is the thread about the Corsair keycaps. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155919

If you look back to the start of the thread it's about a year old, so hoping won't be much longer before something is announced.

I checked out those links for you and the bottom row on either set wouldn't fit a Corsair keyboard. The spacebar on those sets is 6.25 units in length, the Corsair spacebar is 6.5 units long. The spacebar affects the size of the other caps on the bottom row too.

Don't be too hard on Corsair about the blue switch keyboards, they're at the mercy of Cherry who are struggling to meet demand for the mechanical switches.

Hope this helps.

Best

Yeah I understand, its still sad when you drop 150 dollars on something when you really wanted something you thought was no longer a thing. That said I just want to replace the letter keys, so either of those will be ok?

Yeah I understand, its still sad when you drop 150 dollars on something when you really wanted something you thought was no longer a thing. That said I just want to replace the letter keys, so either of those will be ok?

Yeah man sorry my bad for not properly reading the OP. :D: In that case, either of those sets will be fine for you.

If your using ANSI layout you have more options than us ISO guys. If you can still get them, Vortex doubleshot PBT/POM white keycaps are pretty much awesome.

Best

P.S. Found this YouTube of vortex keycaps I mentioned on a Strafe rgb keyboard. WARNING ⚠️ Prepare to want them lol. [ame]

[/ame]

Yeah man sorry my bad for not properly reading the OP. :D: In that case, either of those sets will be fine for you.

If your using ANSI layout you have more options than us ISO guys. If you can still get them, Vortex doubleshot PBT/POM white keycaps are pretty much awesome.

Best

P.S. Found this YouTube of vortex keycaps I mentioned on a Strafe rgb keyboard. WARNING ⚠️ Prepare to want them lol.

Ohhh yeah. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Best

P.S. Found this YouTube of vortex keycaps I mentioned on a Strafe rgb keyboard. WARNING ⚠️ Prepare to want them lol.

Managed to snag these up for 33 bucks iirc. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Got the layout looking pretty nice, I think.

http://i.imgur.com/6ecTAsJ.jpg

Hi not interested in the white keycaps, done a search for other replacements, just not quite there. I have a set of the black charcoal looking keycaps. Forgot nfg. They look reall good, however, for me, it's was too difficult to see the key nomenclature. I searched for a keyset that had a solid top, with the lettering able to be lit, but the side of the keys would be like the semi transparent ones i have. In other words, a merge of the Corsair keys along with the semi tranparent keys....thbk would look badass! I tried a custom designer, no go on the design. I tried to find keycap labels that were solid black except the letters numbers being transparent. No go there either. Has anyone tried to accomplish same. Any ideas for pursuing this idea? I have since re installed the original Corsair caps

Thanks,

David

Archived