The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 AM
Malki's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950867
Malki Reputation: 10

I'll miss all my internal hard drive and M.2 drive temperatures, as my fans were tied to them as well, but if it lets them sleep, then fair enough.
I agree with quadlatte, a switch would be nice, so we can check them occasionally and see if they are all behaving.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:29 AM
FlyData's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950881
FlyData Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Check your USB settings in the BIOS ... enable both Legacy USB and XHCI support.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I checked and the legacy USB support is enabled in my BIOS.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:00 AM

POST ID # = 950897
elmeri Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG-45 View Post
So far so good with this update I even got information of my Vengeance LED RAM displaying , but I noticed that all HDD temperature info gone. It is a bug or it was removed ?
Same issue here...HDD temps are gone.....among M2 and SSD's....

Last edited by elmeri; 04-18-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:44 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950911
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyData View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but I checked and the legacy USB support is enabled in my BIOS.
OK. To clarify ... do you have the H115i (original) or the H115i PRO (new)?

And are you running any other monitoring software? HWInfo? HWMonitor? Aida? Anything? What about EVGA XOC?

Have you tried disabling/enabling the device in Device Manager (see cooler FAQ).

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:05 AM
BadAnimal78's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950917
BadAnimal78 Reputation: 10

My HD temperatures have vanished too.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:22 PM

POST ID # = 950926
Shinchan Reputation: 10

My HD Temp also disappear.. I have 3 SSD and 1 Samsung NVME. No mechnical drive at all.. but.. none of temp are there. and all 3 of mine machine has no HD TEMP.....

Last edited by Shinchan; 04-18-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:26 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950930

Hey y'all ...
No hard drive temps will be reported. This is by design. It's been removed to resolve the clicking/drive access issue that was widely reported (and screamed and yelled about) here on the forum.

When the underlying issues that caused this is fixed, they will bring the hard drive monitoring back.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:29 PM
FlyData's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950945
FlyData Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
OK. To clarify ... do you have the H115i (original) or the H115i PRO (new)?

And are you running any other monitoring software? HWInfo? HWMonitor? Aida? Anything? What about EVGA XOC?

Have you tried disabling/enabling the device in Device Manager (see cooler FAQ).
I was able to disable and enable the device in the device manage and that seems to work. I had tried that in the past but got a strange message saying that the driver was not completely installed and I needed to restart my computer, which was just a do-loop and didn't help. When I had run the trouble shooter, windows said it was a USB 2 device and not compatible with USB 3, which seemed strange. I do have EVGA Precision XOC and will try disabling the LED sync. No other HW monitoring other that ASUS suite. I have the H115i. Thanks a lot, and if the disable/enable is all I have to do after a reboot, that isn't so bad.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:51 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950955

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyData View Post
I was able to disable and enable the device in the device manage and that seems to work. I had tried that in the past but got a strange message saying that the driver was not completely installed and I needed to restart my computer, which was just a do-loop and didn't help. When I had run the trouble shooter, windows said it was a USB 2 device and not compatible with USB 3, which seemed strange. I do have EVGA Precision XOC and will try disabling the LED sync. No other HW monitoring other that ASUS suite. I have the H115i. Thanks a lot, and if the disable/enable is all I have to do after a reboot, that isn't so bad.
If it's PrecisionXOC, you'll need to do it continuously. The only solution is to either disable or uninstall it.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 PM

POST ID # = 950973
Shinchan Reputation: 10

ah .. I see... I wasnt following the forurm to relaize that it was causing issue. No wonder my norton scan speed was super slow. WIth the new Link Version, the scan speed seems to improved.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:02 PM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950976
shuffl2me Reputation: 15

ok so not a massive issue for me but just wondering if it a "feature" or a bug, ive used used Link before back with ther old silver box and feature/bug was a very grey area for my expirence.

i have recently bough a H150 pro and since the last update (the one before the current 4.9..7.35.) my 3 fans all spin at slightly different speeds:

See Here

so...... feature or bug?

EDIT: i have the profile set to the bog standard BALANCED.

Last edited by shuffl2me; 04-18-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:31 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950986

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffl2me View Post
ok so not a massive issue for me but just wondering if it a "feature" or a bug, ive used used Link before back with ther old silver box and feature/bug was a very grey area for my expirence.

i have recently bough a H150 pro and since the last update (the one before the current 4.9..7.35.) my 3 fans all spin at slightly different speeds:

See Here

so...... feature or bug?

Neither feature nor bug. Standard variability in fans. You'll have a range of +/-10%

Old 04-18-2018, 04:51 PM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950994
shuffl2me Reputation: 15

ok, no worries then. guess i just never noticed it on the first version i used for about a month before that update.

glad its working much better than back then ( never wanted to show my h100 as anything other than 0rpm)

thanks.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:23 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951018
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliti_308 View Post
From the release notes I read this under known issues:

LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.

The word "issues" and "limitation" seem to contradict. Is this an actual problem that can be fixed or is it an actual limitation with this piece of hardware which can't be fixed?
AFAIK, it is a hardware limitation of the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro. They can't handle some of the new complex patterns available on the LL series fans. If you want all of the patterns, you HAVE to run Link. I don't know if it can be fixed with a firmware update, but I don't think it can.

This is rather depressing for those who do not wish to run Link. I only use Link to update firmware in my Commander Pro and 2 Lighting Node Pros. I use 3rd party software to control all of my Link enabled products, and I am not willing to run Link to get the LL series patterns. So when the time came, I decided to stick with the ML-Pro series fans. The software I use to control my fans and pump is configured to do things that Link cannot do, and I am not willing to give up those features to get LL series LED patterns. In the end, functionality is more important to me than blinky lights, so I made by choice based on that. YMMV.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:37 PM
Aliti_308's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951035
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffl2me View Post

See Here

so...... feature or bug?

I have 3 LL 140mm RGB fans at the top and one at the rear. The rear and 2 top ones are plugged into CPU fan header via my case fan hub which uses PWM and all 3 run the same rpm. The 3rd top fan is plugged in to chassis fan 2. All of these fans are PWM and controlled via the Q fan settings on the motherboard in BIOS. 3 PWM fans on cpu header and one PWM on chassis 2 so really there are only 2 Q fan settings for all 4 fans. The one fan plugged in to chassis 2 runs slightly slower (you can tell looking at the Corsair sticker on it compared to the other 3 fans). This happens even though the Q fan settings are setup exactly the same. I simply changed the fan curve on the chassis 2 fan to be slightly higher to get them in line. :)

Last edited by Aliti_308; 04-18-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Closed Thread