Corsair Community

New Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB registering double clicks by mistake?

eikkka

Hi, I have 2 week old Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB mouse, and I recently noticed that the mouse would sometimes (maybe 10-20% of the time?) register a single click as a double click. I've tried to figure out if it's a certain way I press the button, but it seems to be just random.

I've tried:

• Updating CUE
  • Force updating the Firmware
  • Soft reset of the mouse (LEDs don't flash as they say in the instructions they would, just goes to the mouse profile normally?)
  • Re-plugging the mouse
  • Trying to peek if there's anything hindering the mouse button
  • Praying

The clicks sound normal, and sometimes it's even very lazy clicks (slow release of mouse button) that would sometimes get registered as a doubleclick. When the doubleclick occurs, it's an inhumanly fast one (almost like using a macro).

I noticed this in games or using dropdown menus and even with this mouse behavior test site I found on google: http://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html

Am I looking at an RMA or is there still something I could do? Is this a common issue with Corsair mice?

Edited by eikkka

Hi,

I got a replacement mouse through the retailer I bought mine from. New one doesnt have the doubleclick issue.

HOWEVER.

I can't get some of the new mouse's side buttons to work, to save my life.

The buttons 3, 8, 10 and 11 do not register at all no matter what function I try to bind them into, for example a simple remap to a number key. Other buttons work fine.

I've tried reinstalling CUE, force updating the firmware, rebooting my pc, everything I can think of.

Is the build quality of these mice this terrible? I really like the desgin and ergonomics, but this is really frustrating :(

I was originally on iCue.

I've also tried 2.6.79 and now I tried 2.23 as well. No luck.

All the leds on the buttons work 100% by the way. The buttons also feel fine when pressing them. Just no keypress gets registered in Windows or any software.

If I am using the same Action and just switching the button I'm mapping the action into, it's working perfectly. It is only sidebuttons 3, 8, 10 and 11 which do not register.

I feel like I got an another faulty product, but do you have any other software ideas?

Edited by eikkka

I had tried the soft reset (it doesnt work as advertised on the site, there's no flashing or anything). Didn't help

I got a new mouse (again) today from the retailer and so far I havent noticed any doubleclick or side button issues with this one.

Let's hope this one actually keeps working. Thanks for the help Mint.

• 2 years later...
  • Corsair Employee
Hello , i have a similar problem .

I have a 6 months old Schimitar pro yellow . Problem is my middle click. It either does not register or double/triple registers ... very disapointing .. any ideas please ?

I recommend getting in touch with our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com as they'll be able to help you troubleshoot and provide any necessary solutions.