Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB not detected in latest iCUE version?

Been using this gaming mouse since 2017 and for some reason now it's not being detected at all, disabling me from using the number buttons which I use as shortcuts all the time.

Curiously, the K55 keyboard I've bought in January is detected without problems.

I'm uninstalling iCUE now and gonna try to reinstall it to see if it clears up the issue.

...and it didn't.

Anyone got any tips?

• Corsair Employees

Hi EliDirkx,

If a clean install of iCUE didn't fix the issue, we may need to perform an HiD Device Manager + iCUE *repair*.

Please check out the link below, but scroll down to the steps that say "Repair iCUE"

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044638712-How-to-Fix-unresponsive-macros-and-remaps

If your mouse is still undetectable by iCUE after this, please open a ticket with our support staff using the Support Ticket System link at the top of this page.

i think the normal scimitar rgb is not supported by icue 4.x. I have the same problem with my scimitar...

edit: i changed back to icue 3.xx and my mouse gets recognized again by it. so it is definetly a problem of the new icue 4.xx

Edited by Robin3107

i think the normal scimitar rgb is not supported by icue 4.x. I have the same problem with my scimitar...

edit: i changed back to icue 3.xx and my mouse gets recognized again by it. so it is definetly a problem of the new icue 4.xx

Very curious.

I did as you did and went back to 3.38 and now my Scimitar's recognised again without a hitch.

Very curious.

I did as you did and went back to 3.38 and now my Scimitar's recognised again without a hitch.

...and now after a reboot, it refuses to recognise the side buttons AND the DPI up/down buttons but still recognises the actual mouse. WHAT?

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated to icue 4 and my scimitar mouse isn't recognized by icue and the buttons on the side don't work now. Funny, I almost clicked on to check for firmware update for my mouse in icue3.?? before I clicked check software update, yet the 2 softwares are apparently on different pages.

edit- after looking through the link from corsair blade I realized icue4 won't see my mouse so I uninstalled icue4, but didn't click on either of the delete buttons presented since I was hoping to salvage by binds. rather than installing this build's original icue3.??, I checked corsair's support download section and icue 3.38.61 is listed for the scimitar, downloaded and installed it and my original profile rolled into it and bindings working just like before, so at least im back up and where I was before the software upgraded to icue4.

Edited by Grense

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like you have the original SCIMITAR RGB mouse. Feel free to provide your part number to confirm. The link below is a list of devices that are not supported in iCUE 4.x.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1086872&postcount=1

This is an egregious form of planned obsolescence. Now I'm forced to buy a newer model that is identical to the old, with no apparent hardware improvement, just so I can get software support? Blaspheme.:mad:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This is an egregious form of planned obsolescence. Now I'm forced to buy a newer model that is identical to the old, with no apparent hardware improvement, just so I can get software support? Blaspheme.:mad:

Wow, thank you for figuring this out Stox. And shame on you Corsair for taking a page straight out of Apple's playbook and "forcing" an update that makes our old mice not work with the new software.

My question is what exactly makes our mice not work with the new software? Please tell us the why and wherefore.

• Like 1

I was looking to get a new mouse but i love my Scimitar so much i could not let it go. So now i know that i will not be getting it from Corsair they can not even support there own product.

I seems like more and more companies are letting down customers these days. great way to lose people i always go to Corsair for everything first. That will have to change now.

Time to move to Logitech.

• 4 months later...

Having a Scimitar Pro and not being displayed or anything else (save the DPI switch button working) and having been a Corsair customer since 2011? It really annoys me and makes me reconsider purchasing another Corsair product. (As I have a H100i, K95, Scimitar, 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance) This is the most asinine update ever. Especially given how much money is shelled out for these products collectively.

Let me drop almost $100 on a mouse in 2020, only for it to be useless for RBG scheme and settings in late 2021? Who in the @@@@ thought this was a wise choice?

The troubleshooting link was a waste of time, and seems to be no way to fix it - even moving back to iCUE v3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah this caused a major head scratcher, my partner has the original scimitar, I have a newer one, they're completely identical - except one works in icue4 and one does not!

This is an extremely bad-taste move, and already cost you about £120 of RGB fan sales - she dumped the brand and went another way, good on her!