Corsair Community

Welp, LEDs are looking a bit too washed out.

Mahlaz3r

So I've been an extremely happy K95 owner since April and I've loved the LED idea ever since the CES 2014 Coverage of the K70RGB by LinusTechTips.

However, with all great items, there comes a price. I've been noticing (other than my wallet being empty since ordering it) for a while now that the LEDs on some keys, for example; my G2 key show in the picture attached, look really washed out, and other keys are a different color all together (for instance another profile I have, shown on the same profile as the G2 key attachment).

I've been looking through the forum a bit and haven't seem to run across anyone else with the same issue, atleast as far as I am noticing.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to have to send my dearly beloved to RMA but I will do it if it is needed.

Thanks for reading and replying if you have done so.

UPDATE: Sadly, much to the instructions that the Support team gave me, I don't think it was anything related to Firmware. More so that it was an actual hardware problem. But now with things being bad as it is, the terrible happens and I accidentally spilled some water onto the Macro keys of my keyboard a few days ago, as I was placing my glass on the left side of my desk, which evidently is so close to my keyboard due to lack of space (pencils, work papers and some history book I somehow have). So now, I won't be able to return my keyboard for a replacement as this kind of accident voids the warranty. To finish off this post, my G7 key is sticky all of a sudden. I don't know why and I don't seriously believe the water had sugar in it. Sad Day Indeed. (icri)

858810101_RIP_G21.thumb.jpg.0ef4690e8c789729f037e77ad5c5fe9d.jpg

Troubleshoot guide: Make sure you are running the latest CUE and keyboard firmware.

-Use a supported USB configuration (either 2 USB 2.0 or 1 USB 3.0)

-Make a completely new profile

• In mode 1, make the keyboard 100% red
  • In mode 2, make the keyboard 100% green
  • In mode 3, make the keyboard 100% blue
  • In a fourth mode, make the keyboard 100% white
  • Do any of the modes look weird to you? If so - proceed troubleshooting
    • If these look normal, then there are lighting effects mixing in the profile you uploaded.

-Reflash the firmware

• Under "Settings" --> "Device" click the "update firmware" button and force an update from the server

These are all fast fixes that I would try first. If these don't help, there's a good troubleshooting post by forum member zheren

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Troubleshoot guide: Make sure you are running the latest CUE and keyboard firmware.

-Use a supported USB configuration (either 2 USB 2.0 or 1 USB 3.0)

-Make a completely new profile

• In mode 1, make the keyboard 100% red
  • In mode 2, make the keyboard 100% green
  • In mode 3, make the keyboard 100% blue
  • In a fourth mode, make the keyboard 100% white
  • Do any of the modes look weird to you? If so - proceed troubleshooting
    • If these look normal, then there are lighting effects mixing in the profile you uploaded.

-Reflash the firmware

• Under "Settings" --> "Device" click the "update firmware" button and force an update from the server

These are all fast fixes that I would try first. If these don't help, there's a good troubleshooting post by forum member zheren

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Thanks for your help, but sadly, only the all red mode looks the most noticably different with the A, Q, ESC, G2, Mute Media Button, and Prntscrn being all a slightly white-ish red. The Green and Blue (with the exception that the blue mode was washed out more) was slightly affected but not so noticeable unless you are looking for it. White was somewhat affected as well but not so much like Green or Red.

I have looked through Zheren's Troubleshooting guide but it doesn't seem to fix my problem either. I believe it might be the LEDs themselves.

Contact our support team and ask for assistance for a hard reset. Sometimes this will fix the LED issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for your reply, Henry. I went over to customer support as I assumed this is what you meant because I'm fairly new to the forums and website. I will update this post if anything happens for my problem to be solved.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for your reply, Henry. I went over to customer support as I assumed this is what you meant because I'm fairly new to the forums and website. I will update this post if anything happens for my problem to be solved.

Sounds good! If it turns out to be a hardware issue, our support staff can also assist you in a replacement as well.

UPDATE [Placed in OP]: Sadly, much to the instructions that the Support team gave me, I don't think it was anything related to Firmware. More so that it was an actual hardware problem. But now with things being bad as it is, the terrible happens and I accidentally spilled some water onto the Macro keys of my keyboard a few days ago, as I was placing my glass on the left side of my desk, which evidently is so close to my keyboard due to lack of space (pencils, work papers and some history book I somehow have). So now, I won't be able to return my keyboard for a replacement as this kind of accident voids the warranty. To finish off this post, my G7 key is sticky all of a sudden. I don't know why and I don't seriously believe the water had sugar in it. Sad Day Indeed. (icri)

Archived