Corsair Community

Incompatibility with HWiNFO64

GANK-STER

Guys, come on. It is simply unacceptable that your software is incompatible with one of (if not THE) most popular system monitoring software available.

The fact that I have to use a old version of the CUE software because the new ones all cause conflicts with HWiNFO64 and crash my computer randomly is embarrassing for a company like Corsair.

You are going to lose customers if this continues. Currently I have an M65 plus, K95 RGB Platinum, Void Pro Wireless headset, H110i AIO cooler, Vengeance case and an AX860 PSU, not to mention several others Ive had over the years. The quality and performance of your products has made me a VERY loyal customer and I never hesitate to recommend any of these to people asking.

The state of your software however, is something that will keep me from buying your products in the future. If I have to use a new version of iCUE to use some new product of yours, and I know that it will conflict with my choice of system monitoring software, why should I waste my money?

There is simply no excuse for this and as I stated earlier, it is SHAMEFUL that this problem has not been fixed by now. I sincerely hope that steps are taken to rectify this situation, since as I stated before, I absolutely love your products and I do not want to be forced to look for a different brand to buy when I need replacements.

There is a reason that HWInfo has a check box (under safety) to disable Link/Asetek support. (Note that it's Asetek support - this is common with ALL Asetek coolers).

Disable Link/Asetek support and all will be good. I run HWInfo regularly with absolutely no issues. Because I have the Link/Asetek support disabled.

Are you Overclocking your memory or your CPU at all? Some sensors can only have one device accessing them at a time. I don't think I have tested it on my ax1200i and I don't have a Corsair AIO. In general I use only one monitoring software at a time as this can be problematic for many different devices and software. I only use HWInfo64, when I am overclocking and stress testing. I shutdown all other tools that monitor. Any other time I don't run HWInfo64 and only use iCUE.

Guys, come on. It is simply unacceptable that your software is incompatible with one of (if not THE) most popular system monitoring software available.

The fact that I have to use a old version of the CUE software because the new ones all cause conflicts with HWiNFO64 and crash my computer randomly is embarrassing for a company like Corsair.

<snip>

See my post here for a possible solution.

As mentioned above, you need to disable it in HWInfo. Disable Link/Asetek support.

Indeed that does work, however, the OP has a valid point. It is a bit ridiculous that numerous "point solutions" are required to monitor a single system. Whereas the iCUE software is neat enough, it does not provide that single pain-of-glass solution that HWInfo has the potential to be.

Note that I am not just singling out Corsair here, as the same can be said of other brands... looking at you GigaByte SIV!

I am running HWinfo and ICue and before that Link together for quite a while, never had issues once HWinfo addded the tickbox to disable asetek/link support.

I mean, there is a solution for it so all good?

Apparently not as this topic comes up here pretty regularly.

"Some sensors can only have one device accessing them at a time."

We are in 2019. They are going to make 7nm chips, planing to go to moon and mars... this is just ridiculos!

It can be easily solved even if only one device can access sensors at a time. A single service that basically monitors all sensors and other programs should accept this as an standard to only request sensor values from this service.

Its a very simple design problem...

"Some sensors can only have one device accessing them at a time."

We are in 2019. They are going to make 7nm chips, planing to go to moon and mars... this is just ridiculos!

That is neither the fault of Corsair nor the makers of HWinfo....

It can be easily solved even if only one device can access sensors at a time. A single service that basically monitors all sensors and other programs should accept this as an standard to only request sensor values from this service.

Its a very simple design problem...

Maybe, contact Microsoft? This is not just a problem between ICUE and HWinfo, that is something that affects other monitoring software too.

That is neither the fault of Corsair nor the makers of HWinfo....

Maybe, contact Microsoft? This is not just a problem between ICUE and HWinfo, that is something that affects other monitoring software too.

Ok, that was an unfair argument. But if this is really the issue then developers should setup an arrangement and come up with one solution.

Nonetheless iCUE temp monitoring stops working entirely. At least that can be solved and will be a good temporary fix.

If reading from a sensor fails basically wait 1-2 seconds and try again. Catching exceptions should be easy. At least in C# they are!

Ok, that was an unfair argument. But if this is really the issue then developers should setup an arrangement and come up with one solution.

Nonetheless iCUE temp monitoring stops working entirely. At least that can be solved and will be a good temporary fix.

If reading from a sensor fails basically wait 1-2 seconds and try again. Catching exceptions should be easy. At least in C# they are!

If you think that this is done in C#, you are quite mistaken. C# doesn't give you the low-level hardware access required for this. There aren't clean APIs for this; it's low-level, direct hardware access. Think ... coding sensors on a Raspberry Pi that are on a I2C bus.

And ... for the record ... that kind of error trapping is in iCUE. The result is that you see sensors "hang". But that's not always what happens. Sometimes you get whacky readings as well. But any actual errors are happening in the CPUID SDK.

Last, but not least, IF you do development in the real world, you should be well aware that things that might seem "simple" from the outside can often be far more complicated when it comes to implementation. I cannot tell you how many times in the course of my 20+ year career writing software a user thinks something is "easy" when it really isn't. And it's not a software thing anyway - it's the hardware that has the issue.

There is a reason that HWInfo has a check box (under safety) to disable Link/Asetek support. (Note that it's Asetek support - this is common with ALL Asetek coolers).

Disable Link/Asetek support and all will be good. I run HWInfo regularly with absolutely no issues. Because I have the Link/Asetek support disabled.

Thanks a lot for that info. Had no idea you could since these settings are not available in the "sensors only" mode.

The easiest way is to add:

SupportCorsairAsetek=0

In the settings section in the INI file. Otherwise even if you go to normal mode and set it to off, it will get back to on in sensors only mode.

What other monitoring feature's would you like iCUE to have?

I can certainly forward that feedback.

I would like to see memory temperature sensors again for monitoring purpose and setting up fan curves.

Perhaps its working for the newer Corsair RGB memory but it is not working with the non RGB Dominator Platinums i use in my ryzen build or the G.Skill memory i have in my intel build.

Old corsair link cold read these sensors so im hoping this is something you can also add to icue.

Archived