Corsair Community

Do 120GB SSD Drives come with SATA power/ data cables

tomm1245

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me please.

Earlier I ordered the 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series F120 Solid State Drive in the UK.

This is part of my new system build. It is my first PC build and I'm wondering if the drive will come with SATA power cables.

The mobo comes with SATA data cables so I know I'm covered from that angle. I have a spare power lead but it's quite short and I'm not entirely confident that it will be long enough to reach my drive.

I've ordered a 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold PSU so maybe that will come with enough SATA power cables connected?

If anyone can advise me that would be great. The system will arrive in a couple of days and I want to make sure that I have all the cables so that I can connect it all up!

Thanks,

Tom

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me please.

Earlier I ordered the 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series F120 Solid State Drive in the UK.

This is part of my new system build. It is my first PC build and I'm wondering if the drive will come with SATA power cables.

The mobo comes with SATA data cables so I know I'm covered from that angle. I have a spare power lead but it's quite short and I'm not entirely confident that it will be long enough to reach my drive.

I've ordered a 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold PSU so maybe that will come with enough SATA power cables connected?

If anyone can advise me that would be great. The system will arrive in a couple of days and I want to make sure that I have all the cables so that I can connect it all up!

Thanks,

Tom

Drives do not come with data or power cables. PSU if new enough will come with power cables for SATA, how long i do not know because it is different with each brand but I am sure that they are enough long if you have a standard ATX case.

If we where to live back in 2005 i'd wager that this question would be asked, but today with todays hardware, naah..

I'm sure the PSU you bought will have many SATA power cables and that they are long enough for you! SATA is a standard today and is used much more than the old molex type nowdays.

In other words, there is no need to worry about that! You already got it covered by getting a new psu.

Archived