Corsair Community

How to connect corsair icue lc100 and expansion pack

Hello boyz
I can't find an answer to this setup.
my doubts are:

-lc100 + expansion pack (18 triangles in total) do I have to connect all three sata? so one for each "mother" triangle and one for the controller? alternatives?

-in my configuration I have two SATA cables (each with 5 ports) that I'm already using: one for an HDD and one to power the Corsair hub for six RGB fans; I therefore have two sata cables with 4 free ports each. How do I connect the three SATA cables of the LC100? Can I safely use one of the two cables I already use without overloading?

-how would you do the configuration?

my power supply is an MSI MPG A850GF, the sata ports +12VMBPH are maximum 25Ampere according to the manual

thank you very much

Alessandro

5 hours ago, AleCorsoRossi said:

lc100 + expansion pack (18 triangles in total) do I have to connect all three sata?

Should be two direct SATA for the triangle.  The controller (whatever that is) does need it's own SATA for it's other functions.  That could be a Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, or Commander XT.  Doesn't matter which, but it does need it's device power.  The two SATA triangle are for the huge number of LEDs (9 per triangle) and the power it sucks up.

5 hours ago, AleCorsoRossi said:

in my configuration I have two SATA cables (each with 5 ports) that I'm already using: one for an HDD and one to power the Corsair hub for six RGB fans; I therefore have two sata cables with 4 free ports each.

You are going to be using mostly just 5v current on this line.  The HDD typically uses all three voltage rails for power, but only when you really fire it up.  The Corsair Hub (Lighting Node Core?) also uses 5v.  Are you going to overload any of these cables?  No, but it still makes sense to do this with some balance.  In your position I would put each one of the triangle SATA connections on different PSU SATA lines -- so one with the HDD and one with the RGB controller.  That should help keep things in balance. The Lighting Node Pro (?) or whatever is going to be the controller for the triangles will use a minimal amount of power and can go on either PSU ribbon with no consequence.  You also will need to connect the USB for the LC100 controller so it can be seen in CUE.  

LC100 setup in CUE is a bit odd.  You go into the Lighting Setup and tell it "LC100" then must start clicking the + button to add triangles until you get to 18.  CUE will throw a warning at you as you pass 9 saying "you need more power".  Just dismiss and continue.  It's not actually sensing what SATA are connected.  Generic warning.  Failing to connect the second SATA in the triangles or putting it in a less optimal place will cause some of the triangles not to light or appear dim.  Put one SATA triangle at the number one spot -- wherever your pattern begins.  This will be the "control triangle" or Master with the 3 pin LED RGB sensor going back to the controller.  All lighting patterns begin with that triangle.  The second SATA triangle needs to go somewhere in the last third of the pattern (12-18) but don't put it at the very end (17 or 18).  In my experience this leaves a power hole in the middle.  The second booster SATA triangle likely does best in the 9-14 area and you have some flexibility in regards to your shape design and case gromets to run the wire back.  

Here is mine in channel 2 on a Commander Pro.  I have dropped one triangle in the current configuration.  It will stop you at M+17 triangles and say you are at the limit.  

Screenshot(255).thumb.png.1ce45b38c575609f5b95bac7086adabc.png

• 3 weeks later...