Corsair Community

Lagging OS issues, should I RMA?

smurphine

http://i.imgur.com/vcA9q.png

I just purchased this a week ago and have experienced a weird lag issue. When I click an application it takes around 10 seconds for it to pop up. If I'm within an application it sometimes goes into a unresponsive state for a minute or so.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Wow, dude. That must be in the top-five for worst-looking ATTO results in all recorded history. Congratulations, I think.

You might try removing any other drives from your system and switching to a different SATA port. You might also try another, preferably known-good, SATA cable. Also, it wouldn't hurt to verify the power supply voltages with a multimeter while the system is under normal load. Don't trust the onboard readings.

I'm not familiar with that mobo you have there. Does it have some kind of third-world SATA bridge chip on it that might be gagging on a SATA-III drive?

• Corsair Employee

And the only time I have seen results like this have been when someone tried to format the drive as if it was a spinning HDD IE formatted with all 1's or 0's or used a non windows application to do the format. and did not align the partition.

So how was the drive initially setup, with what O.S. and how did you format the drive?

Archived