Corsair Community

Corsair Link & H80 - lots of problems / issues

panaos99

Hi all,

This is my first post in Corsair forums since I recently bought a H80 pump and the corsair link.

I have a lot of questions/queries and unfortunately I didn’t manage to find satisfying answers on the internet. I am hoping I can get these answers here from more experienced people.

So, I got my H80 only about 2 weeks ago (not the corsair link at that time) and the 1st thing I noticed after plugging everything is that I couldn’t control the 2 fans not even by the slightest. Pressing the button on the pump to cycle between the 3 settings (low – mid – high) was changing nothing. At all times the pump’s control wire is plugged into the motherboard’s CPU_FAN to avoid getting the “no cpu fan error” on boot.

Just yesterday I got the corsair link cooling kit (not the lighting).

As my case is a bit old (Thermaltake mid-size Armour) I only have a front intake fan and now the 2 H80 fans act as exhaust, so I plugged the H80 to the corsair link and my single front fan on the fan controller. The 2 H80 fans are directly connected to the pump.

After running the corsair link software, again the 2 H80 fans are working full speed and I can’t change that regardless of any setting I choose. Also the single front fan is acting very strange with speeds fluctuating from very low to very high all the time..

Also in the day of working, corsair link “stopped working” twice and I had to restart the PC to make it start again. Since then my H80 temp is 0 (zero) and cleaning "appdata" and re-installing the program didn’t help fix that.

I installed the latest (hopefully) version of the program and updated the firmware to these:

Corsair Link Software: V2.4.5110

Corsair Commander 2: V2.0.6

Corsair Cooling Node: V1.1.12

Corsair H80: V1.1.12

So, to make some direct questions – in a combination of corsair link and H80:

1. Where is the best place to connect the 2 H80 fans? On the pump or directly to the fan controller?

2. Where is the best place to connect the single signal wire coming of the pump?

3. Is using fans with LED's affecting the operation of corsair link?

4. Can a 3 wire Y splitter be used to connect 2 fans from a single fan controller fan? – if yes do the fans need to be identical or not ?

5. When currently powering up the PC, all fans are running full speed and only calm down when PC is in windows and (I suppose) corsair link software starts. Is there a way to change this and make fans calm down after boot?

I would deeply appreciate if someone can come back to me with some answers/clarifications.

Many thanks all

Regards

Panos

Archived