Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957343
Mapantz Reputation: 10
Default 3.3.103 Released

I've just updated. I see a shiny new iCue logo.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:21 PM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957345

Already found a bug.. I like to have my temp sensors showing a large graph in the dashboard, they have disappeared. If I disable/enable commander pro, and then drag the temp sensors over to the dashboard, they vanish after 2 seconds.

Everything from the commander pro disappears if dragged outside of the pane.

CPU usage is higher too. Consistently 3% and above.

Update only in use for 20 minutes, and I already want to downgrade. Quite ridiculous.

Last edited by Mapantz; 06-04-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:33 PM
jl94x4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957349
jl94x4 Reputation: 10

This worries me. My CPU is a 8700K.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:41 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957351
DevBiker Reputation: 88

CPU usage is higher, depending on your hardware setup. Minimizing (rather than closing) helps somewhat. It does seem to impact the -v2 coolers more than other devices but, overall, it is higher than the previous version.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:45 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957353
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapantz View Post
Already found a bug.. I like to have my temp sensors showing a large graph in the dashboard, they have disappeared. If I disable/enable commander pro, and then drag the temp sensors over to the dashboard, they vanish after 2 seconds.

Everything from the commander pro disappears if dragged outside of the pane.
I've not seen this at all ... and I have quite a bit dragged "out of" the CoPro on the dashboard.

Quote:
CPU usage is higher too. Consistently 3% and above.
See my previous post.

Quote:
Update only in use for 20 minutes, and I already want to downgrade. Quite ridiculous.
Always an option. But I've found the fan control to be much better so I'm not about to downgrade. Also, the static lighting bug that so many have complained about is fixed.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:47 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957355
donalgodon Reputation: 10

For me, CPU usage is 0.3% but the CPU temperature bug is still there.

2700X
Old 06-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957358

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I've not seen this at all ... and I have quite a bit dragged "out of" the CoPro on the dashboard.
I have rebooted an reinstalled, still does it. It's only items from the commander pro - they all disappear if I move them out to make them bigger.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:54 PM
Tairom's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957359
Tairom Reputation: 13

Anyone have a link to v3.2.87? I honestly had very few issues with that version and very low cpu usage. Now I am having cpu usage in the 15-17% range. Can't seem to find a link for the older version on Corsairs site.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:14 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957361
solarity Reputation: 33

I didn't notice any problems with CPU usage, though you need to have things to compare it to. This client is monitoring your system processes, stats, controlling lights, and controlling fans. There will be some CPU usage, more so when you are working with it. Keep in mind this is an early release and I am betting they will optimize it.

Keep in mind games generally hit GPU bottlenecks, before they hit CPU bottle necks. Also 3% isn't horrible, I have seen Gigabyte's RGB Fusion hit 17% in some version, now that is annoying!

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:19 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairom View Post
Anyone have a link to v3.2.87? I honestly had very few issues with that version and very low cpu usage. Now I am having cpu usage in the 15-17% range. Can't seem to find a link for the older version on Corsairs site.
http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...87_release.msi

Old 06-04-2018, 02:21 PM
jl94x4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957365

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
CPU usage is higher, depending on your hardware setup. Minimizing (rather than closing) helps somewhat. It does seem to impact the -v2 coolers more than other devices but, overall, it is higher than the previous version.
11% is excessive. I don't care what sort of things I have, that CPU usage is way too high.

For record, I have

K70
M65
MM800
H100i v2
Void Wireless
Commander Pro
6x HD 120
4x RGB Strips
Old 06-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Tairom's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957366

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
I didn't notice any problems with CPU usage, though you need to have things to compare it to. This client is monitoring your system processes, stats, controlling lights, and controlling fans. There will be some CPU usage, more so when you are working with it. Keep in mind this is an early release and I am betting they will optimize it.

Keep in mind games generally hit GPU bottlenecks, before they hit CPU bottle necks. Also 3% isn't horrible, I have seen Gigabyte's RGB Fusion hit 17% in some version, now that is annoying!
You're correct, 3% wouldn't be bad for the features that iCue performs. But as I stated above, 3% is what I was getting with 3.2.87. With 3.3.130 is is between 15% & 17%. Believe it or not, on a CCL cooled i7-7700k this is equating to a 6-8c temp increase. Yes I know, the 7700k is notorious for temp spikes under load, but the load is the point here.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:24 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairom View Post
You're correct, 3% wouldn't be bad for the features that iCue performs. But as I stated above, 3% is what I was getting with 3.2.87. With 3.3.130 is is between 15% & 17%. Believe it or not, on a CCL cooled i7-7700k this is equating to a 6-8c temp increase. Yes I know, the 7700k is notorious for temp spikes under load, but the load is the point here.
I noticed that after I posted as imgur and similar sites are blocked at work. Is is a constant 15-17% or is it just spiking. Are you doing anything with the UI, when that is occurring, is the UI displayed? The more details the better we have to go by. How is it if the UI is minimized/in tray. I will check my system when I go home, I am running the older version. Lastly did you do the same test with the older versions?

Old 06-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Tairom's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957368

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
I noticed that after I posted as imgur and similar sites are blocked at work. Is is a constant 15-17% or is it just spiking. Are you doing anything with the UI, when that is occurring, is the UI displayed? The more details the better we have to go by. How is it if the UI is minimized/in tray. I will check my system when I go home, I am running the older version. Lastly did you do the same test with the older versions?
Constant. The lowest I have seen it drop since rebooting 40 minutes ago was 14.7%. And all CPU utilization is measured with iCue minimized in the system tray, no dashboard or monitoring setup. A single-layered lighting link profile across all devices (Basic Rainbow Wave/Right/Medium) and default fan and pump profiles in the CCL.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:36 PM
jl94x4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957369

Mine is a constant 11%.
Closed Thread