Corsair Community

My frustration with the k70 rgb..

egio

I don't have the time to organize all these issues, so please bear with me. For one, the Corsair Gaming Software (CSG) program keeps telling me to update the firmware when I already tried, and when I try again anyway, the program will say "Updating..." without any progress. I've tried restarting the CSG program, but nothing changes. Sometimes it'll just stop working for no reason. Setting my computer to hibernate also screws up the software and keys 90% of the time. It's getting EXTREMELY frustrating, because I hate having to reboot my system or replug the USB cables all the time, whether I'm turning on my computer from Hibernate or I'm surfing the web. When I do this, the profiles also switch from one to another (especially when I reboot). When my system sleeps and I need to type the password to unlock it, most of the time the keyboard won't work at all. Not even the lighting functions well after this, because any waves or gradients that I have will be frozen in place until I unlock the system, but I can't type anything to do so! When I accidentally push a key after my system is already shut down, the lighting key doesn't work, so I'm unable to shut them back off. My system is in my room, so when I went to sleep yesterday with my system off, the lighting randomly turned on and scrolled through the default profile and some other rainbow profile that I don't remember having.. Again, I was unable to turn them off, so I ended up having to go as far as turning off my power supply.

I'm so annoyed with this keyboard.. I was super psyched to get my hands on one for a couple months, and now that I've had it for a week, I regret not waiting longer. Corsair, PLEASE try to fix these issues, along with the other obnoxious and intrusive problems your other customers are having. I'm so close to creating an RMA for this thing...

Did anyone have any luck fixing any of these issues yourself?

Did anyone have any luck fixing any of these issues yourself?

My current fix was to uninstall the software. On my system the keyboard works perfectly without the software and defaults to the HWProfile1 light pattern which looks ok.

But as mentioned by the Corsair rep I will try and only plug one connector in using USB 3.0 and hopefully that might bring some stability back to the software. If not successful I will simply wait till the next version of software or firmware which will hopefully work.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Egio, thanks for your feedback. There are known issues that we are aware of and are working as quick as possible to resolve. Some may take longer than others due to the complexity of the software but I can assure you that we're dedicating all of our resources to the CUE software.

Archived