Corsair Community

Media Keys

Andoeriz

I have a small issue concerning the media keys on the Corsair K70. Up until recently I was able to control iTunes using the media keys, but after updating some drivers today I can't seem to do it anymore with iTunes. Windows media player seems to work with the keys for some reason, and I've been trying to figure out how to fix this, but I'm stumped.

Do you have Windows Media Player open as the same time as iTunes perhaps? There is a bug where the media keys are not prioritized properly like the list setup in the CUE settings tab.

I do not have Windows Media Player open at the same time. I don't know about the bug you're talking about.

I do not have Windows Media Player open at the same time. I don't know about the bug you're talking about.

The bug basically is that you have 2 (or more) open windows that intercept the media keys, it won't always work properly. The input might go to one program or the other randomly. I often have it happen when I have both Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic open at the same time.

Do you perhaps have Chrome or Firefox open at the same time as iTunes? There are some extensions for both browsers that do intercept the media keys and might cause the issue as well. I believe one öf the extensions is called Streamline".

If you have neither open then your issue is something different.

The bug basically is that you have 2 (or more) open windows that intercept the media keys, it won't always work properly. The input might go to one program or the other randomly. I often have it happen when I have both Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic open at the same time.

Do you perhaps have Chrome or Firefox open at the same time as iTunes? There are some extensions for both browsers that do intercept the media keys and might cause the issue as well. I believe one öf the extensions is called Streamline".

If you have neither open then your issue is something different.

I usually do have Chrome open, but I tried without a web browser open and the keys still don't work with iTunes.

Archived