Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D with Asus P5Q-E

anujpuri85

I have an Asus P5Q-E mobo and I just got Corsair Dominators TWIN2X4096-8500C5D ram.

I can't get Vista 64 to recognize all 4 gb ram. The only way the computer runs is with the Memory remap turned off, in which case vista only sees 3.3 gb ram. If i turn remap on, leave everything default at auto, then the computer freezes within minutes of booting up.

I have read everywhere in the forum, have tried a bunch of settings, none of which have worked.

I tried manually setting 1066 and the timings to 5-5-5-15 with 2.1 voltage...still freezes. I set the nb voltage to 1.3, then 1.36, still no change.

I tried setting row refresh cycle time to 55, didn't help. I ran memtest86, no problems at all.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Corsair Employee
Memtest ran fine! no problems at all. reformatting will fix the issue you think? I just sent in the mobo to get replaced, thinking maybe that was the issue, although I highly doubt it. I guess I will try reformatting once I get the new mobo. Thanks

The reinstall should help. In some cases like this, other users have had to make the proper BIOS adjustments and their systems ran fine after a clean install.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried reformatting with the bios set to remap on and the ram at 1066 at 5-5-5-15 2.1v....

the computer ran fine while i was updating everything on vista.

then after the final updates, after i restarted the comp froze 5 min after booting up.

and now freezes after every bootup....

I tried reformatting with the bios set to remap on and the ram at 1066 at 5-5-5-15 2.1v....

the computer ran fine while i was updating everything on vista.

then after the final updates, after i restarted the comp froze 5 min after booting up.

and now freezes after every bootup....

I think you need to RMA the mainboard. I would do this at any rate.

You can RMA the DRAM but if it passed Memtest, then you will end up with the same issue.

DRAM is passive. It can not damage other components. I have worked with at least ten of these boards and have not seen this issue. I still say board issue and wonder if you got the same one back.

Archived