Corsair Community

Can Link profiles be restored to iCUE?

Astral85

Nope. Sorry, but it's a shame. Good thing is that creating lighting effects is much easier in my opinion, but yes there's a small learning curve. How to set fan curves will also need to be learned, but the change to iCUE has its pros and cons of course.

I see, that is a shame as I had created some nice looking lighting effects in Link.

Learning curve for sure and I am trying orientate myself (I just installed.) Yes, I can't find any way to create a custom fan curve for the H110i fans, is that possible or not possible? Also under the H110i performance section it gives no indication of what quiet, balanced and extreme does with the fans...

Over at the LNP section I can't find any way to apply effects to individual fans or LED strips, the effect I set applies to all of the fans or all of the LED strips. Is individual control still available? If I click on the BIG fan icon the effect turns off and then I can't turn it back on again, I seem to have to delete the effect and recreate it for it to work again. Appreciate any assistance!

For the Link profiles, the lighting effects really don't make sense in the context of iCue. Lighting is handled completely differently. While it would be good to have the lighting channel configuration come from Link, this is pretty easy to do.

What I find more challenging is the fan curves, especially when you have a Commander Pro. I'm looking at providing a tool that does import these but it wouldn't be an officially supported Corsair tool - just something I put out there. There are some challenges with this. What I can do ... perhaps as an interim, if there's interest, is a tool that will read the fan curves that you have in Link and show you what all of your temperature stop points are and the values. Would this be of interest?

• Corsair Employee
I see, that is a shame as I had created some nice looking lighting effects in Link.

Learning curve for sure and I am trying orientate myself (I just installed.) Yes, I can't find any way to create a custom fan curve for the H110i fans, is that possible or not possible? Also under the H110i performance section it gives no indication of what quiet, balanced and extreme does with the fans...

Over at the LNP section I can't find any way to apply effects to individual fans or LED strips, the effect I set applies to all of the fans or all of the LED strips. Is individual control still available? If I click on the BIG fan icon the effect turns off and then I can't turn it back on again, I seem to have to delete the effect and recreate it for it to work again. Appreciate any assistance!

Every LED is individually selectable. You can either drag and highlight or hold CTRL. You'll find that the lighting in iCUE is much more advanced than LINK because we enable sequential effects, not just parallel like in LINK.

We can't convert LINK profiles sadly because its not something that used CUE logic. Hopefully though the new experience makes up for the troubles of creating all new settings.

For the Link profiles, the lighting effects really don't make sense in the context of iCue. Lighting is handled completely differently. While it would be good to have the lighting channel configuration come from Link, this is pretty easy to do.

What I find more challenging is the fan curves, especially when you have a Commander Pro. I'm looking at providing a tool that does import these but it wouldn't be an officially supported Corsair tool - just something I put out there. There are some challenges with this. What I can do ... perhaps as an interim, if there's interest, is a tool that will read the fan curves that you have in Link and show you what all of your temperature stop points are and the values. Would this be of interest?

I kind of figured that iCUE would handle things a lot differently. So I'm guessing the import feature in iCUE is designed to import profiles files exported from iCUE only?

The fan curve data is not a major for me as I can pretty quickly set it up the way I want it again. Bare in mind that is just a curve for my H110i so I can see setting up multiple curves for a C-Pro possibly slightly more of a hassle. C-Pro users may be interested..

Every LED is individually selectable. You can either drag and highlight or hold CTRL. You'll find that the lighting in iCUE is much more advanced than LINK because we enable sequential effects, not just parallel like in LINK.

We can't convert LINK profiles sadly because its not something that used CUE logic. Hopefully though the new experience makes up for the troubles of creating all new settings.

I figured out how to select individual LED's across the strips with the CTRL button. Now that is advanced, I really like this.

Is it still possible to run different effects on the LED strips and fans? For example a colour wave on one strip and colour pulse on another etc?

The Link profile conversion is no biggy. I am enjoying the new experience and clearly this is has taken lighting to another level so I look forward to creating new exciting profiles. :biggrin:

I figured out how to select individual LED's across the strips with the CTRL button. Now that is advanced, I really like this.

Is it still possible to run different effects on the LED strips and fans? For example a colour wave on one strip and colour pulse on another etc?

YES! You can. You can even run different effects on different fans on the same lighting port (using the CTRL button, of course). Or build effects one on top of the other. There's all kinds of crazy things that you can do.

The Link profile conversion is no biggy. I am enjoying the new experience and clearly this is has taken lighting to another level so I look forward to creating new exciting profiles. :biggrin:

As we speak, I'm working on something to at least view the values of the Link profiles for fan curves. From there, I hope to create an export iCue profile that could then be imported.

Archived