Corsair Community

H100 Fans stuck at full, Controller not working

foreverseeking

Just bought the H100 and set it up. 2 Fans are connected to the controller and the controller is connected to the power and CPU fan control.

The fans are on full blast no matter what, it is deafening and really horrible. I have tried ressetting the system to no luck. The fact the screws are too long and damage to grill when putting them in, plus the fact my PC now sounds like hair drier is not boding well for my relationship with corsair...

Is my unit defective?

CWCH100

EDIT - more notes. When trying to reset (pushing button for 5 seconds when powerd on) the lights turn off for a few seconds when i release my fingers, then it the lights come back on at the next level. There is no flashing of lights around in a circle.

Also when i hold it for 5 seconds when pwoering on it flashes in a circle and ends up with all quadrents illuminatted by LEDS, then it stays on that until i press it. The fans are on full speed regardless.

EDIT 2 - ok so more playing around, it seems to be a fualty fan, as that fan is always on max. if i unplug it the other is fine. Also if i plug in my coolermaster fan into the controller it works fine. How do i do an RMA and get a replacement fan?

Archived