Corsair Community

VOID Wireless charging more than 12h

darlan

And the InfoMic still pulsates amber (I think it's amber). Never have I seen it solid green.

I bought them yesterday and I admit it, I did not do a full charge as the manual specifies. I just wanted to see if they worked properly.

Last night I was on skype and, while pluged-in and charging, they ran out of battery and had to charge them for 10 minutes before they even could turn on. This happened twice in 2 hours.

So I decided to fully charge them for good. I pluged them on and went to bed.

12 hours later they still had the InfoMic pulsating amber.

Is this normal? Is it my fault for not fully-charging them before using them? Does breaking this simple rule break the battery of the headset forever? It seems odd. Is it an InfoMic issue? Because the battery on the CUE says 98%.

Thanks a lot.

No, it won't break the headset battery life. It's most likely a firmware bug rather than a problem somewhere else.

CUE's battery indicator is an approximation, it is not really accurate. As long as you are getting the advertised battery life, your headset is fine.

@calebmlopez

Does the headset work fine? Does CUE detect the headset as charging when turned on?

• 3 months later...
No, you're not alone the there bud. I actually followed the instructions and charged it the first time, and actually got a green light. Every charge attempt since has been unsuccessful, I've never seen that light again lol. I've only had mine a week or so, was getting ready to call tech support tomorrow when I found this thread. Was being extra careful to do everything right, this is the second heaset I've tried from Best Buy, The first Logitech G9-something I bought I returned because the audio kept cutting out every few minutes, no matter how close I was to the receiver. Yeah I dunno what the deal is with these types of headsets, they can make tiny bluetooth headsets with half a football field range and that last for years without a problem, but these big ole clunky gamer headsets are somehow still an emerging technology I guess :/ ?

Archived