Corsair Community

Corsair vengeance 1500 detected as speakers and no sound

Jarvis

Hi,

I recently purchased a brand new corsair vengeance 1500 USB headphones. Sadly, my laptop( running a windows 7 OS) is detecting my headphones as speakers. Ive installed the software program yet it still did not work. On top of that, i cant hear anything nor use the mic. I also cant set it as a default device under the sound manager.

Please help!!!

Open Device Manager and the open the properties of the headset, are there any status messages apart from "this device is working correctly"?

Have you tried reinstalling the headset software?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Right clicking the headset>set as default audio device does not do anything?

Yes it did say the device is working correctly. And i have tried to reinstall the software and tried a different USB port but it still did not work. And when i tried to set as default device, nothing happens and my main speakers remained as the default device. But when i click on the volume mixer and tried to change my speakers (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) to the headset, it said no audio device is installed. I am using a dell inspiron N4050 and i do not have a realtek audio but the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC instead. Does this have anything to do with the problem?

Temporarily disable your audio devices and try set the headset as the default device. Does it help?

If you do not see your disabled speakers afterwards, right click the screen and click "Show Disabled Devices"

If possible try the headset on another computer. Is it working fine?

Archived