Corsair Community

Lighting Node Core Removal

Vinty

Hello,

I recently built a system in the 220t case, however I am going to purchase a 3080 when they are released and it seems they will not fit inside the 220t (I also have a front mounted radiator) and therefore am considering getting the 680x (my fault for not looking at dimensions originally). The 220t came with 3 SP120 fans and the 680x comes with 3 LL120 fans, and I read that you can't use the same RGB controller for two separate fan types. Would it be possible to remove the Lighting Node Core from my 220t and place it in the 680x and use that for one set of fans and the already installed one for the other set or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee

Yep! You can move the lighting controller to the new case, however you'll need to be careful about placement since the controller included with the 220T doesn't have a protective casing around it.

For a simpler setup, you "can" have the SP RGB PRO fans and LL RGB fans on the same channel on a lighting controller, however the animations of certain lighting effects will be incorrect (solid colors will work fine of course). If you go that route, I recommend having the LL fans on ports 1-3 on the included lighting hub for the 680x, then have the SP RGB PRO fans on ports 4-6. In iCUE just set that lighting channel as LL RGB.

It's important to note that we do not support mixing fan types on a lighting controller officially, so your mileage may vary (just be aware that the animations of certain lighting effects will be affected as I already mentioned).