Corsair Community

HS1 USB Rattling

SyncError

I recently RMA'd my last HS1 set because of a cracked joint. I received my new pair in the mail two months ago. All was fine until just a few days ago. My left headphone has developed a rattle when certain sounds are played. Usually deep sounds. It's really annoying during games and while listening to music.

I tried different USB ports and a different computer, but the rattle was still present. Is there any way to fix this without having to RMA again? Can I get a refund? RMAs are a big pain. I really hate to ask about a refund because Corsair usually makes high quality parts, but I've had nothing but trouble with the HS1s.

• Corsair Employee
Please contact our customer service with your previous RMA number and point them to this post. They will take care of you and the shipping both ways, we would like to test those HS1 and see what the problem is.

I have the volume on low (21), and it still rattles. It only rattles from the left side, so the set is obviously not reaching its frequency threshold. And what about games? It's normal for me to hear rattling whenever there's an explosion or loud noise and my volume is low? That never happened with my last pair. I only used that video because it has a lot of bass, something that would definitely trigger the rattling. And like I said before, it's ONLY the left can.

I sent a RMA request the other day, but have not yet received a response. What I'd really like though, is a refund, since apparently any type of bass sound (played at low vol) that causes rattling is considered normal for this $100 headset. My cheap $30 headset doesn't rattle when that song is played.

Archived